Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Sasuke's Child ❯ Falling Off a Waterfall! Idiot! ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Karasu put Naruto on a rock while Kisame kept watch for Itachi. "So how's the ninetails doing?" Kisame asked him, seeing that he was done healing him. "He'll be fine with some rest. So, any sign of uncle Itachi?" Kisame nodded his head no. "Where is he?! If he doesn't return with dad soon... Dad will..." Karasu looked down, not daring to look at Kisame. "Then he needs to hurry." Kisame put lightly, while they heard a groune from behind them. "Naruto." Kisame heard Karasu say as he went to check on him. Karasu started to move Naruto's apendages. "Oww! Stop that!" He heard Naruto yell at him, while Naruto took his arm back. "Stop yelling, you broke your arm, I tried healing it, but I couldn't heal it completely.
" Naruto whinched as Karasu touched his arm again.
"Why..." Karasu looked Naruto in the eyes to see that Naruto was very angry.
"Why did you join the Akatsuki!? Are you trying to be like your dad!?" Naruto yelled at him, with fury of daggers in his eyes. "No, and you wouldn't understand." Karasu said giving Naruto's arm a makeshift cast. "Why wouldn't I? You know, your father looked like that when he left. The same look you have now." Karasu kicked Naruto in the gut.
"I don't care, old man! If my father looked like he'd seen the devil, I don't care! What I care about is my paycheck!" Karasu growled while Kisame looked over at him very surprised. Karasu didn't say nothing else to Naruto, and Naruto didn't say anything to him.
"Karasu, Itachi hasn't returned, what do you want to do?" Kisame asked in hopes that Karasu wouldn't yell at him. "One of us needs to drop Naruto outside of Konoha. The other needs to wait for uncle Itachi and dad. Since when uncle Itachi returns, dad will need medical attention, I'll have to stay. But Kisame, leave Lord Hokage in one piece." Karasu told Kisame as he gave him a murderous back glance.
 
 
 
 
Itachi saw that it was starting to become dark, he hadn't found Sasuke, and by the way that Karasu was talking before he left, Sasuke didn't have much more time. Itachi heard a voice, sounded close by. He went to where he heard the voice to see Sasuke, looking as if he were in much pain.
"Sasuke, you shouldn't of ran off." Itachi said while he came infront of him.
"I don't need a leiture from you! Besides, Karasu healed me, I'm fine!" Sasuke shouted at him.
"Karasu yelled at you before you left. He was trying to tell you that your not completely healed. In fact he said that he didn't expect you to make it out of the Konoha bourder." Itachi sort of laughed out at him with his words. "Karasu did huh? Where is he then?" Sasuke asked testingly.
"Karasu is healing Naruto. He couldn't come because of that." Itachi plainly stated.
"I see.. oww... What's going on!?" Sasuke asked himself while he chinched his side.
"This is what Karasu was trying to tell you. Now I'm going to help you out." Itachi said while he knocked Sasuke out.
 
 
 
 
Karasu was starting to worry about Itachi, Sasuke, and Kisame. None of them had returned yet. He could understand why Kisame wasn't, come on, he was dropping Naruto off at a major ninja village! But Itachi and Sasuke... If Itachi didn't hurry, Sasuke's womes would be too great for him to heal. "Where are they..."
Karasu let out a furstrated sigh. It was now twilight, which means, Sasuke's chances were sliming, fast. "Karasu, Itachi hasn't returned yet?" He heard Kisame say coming from inback of him.
"No, so how did dropping Naruto off, go?" Karasu asked sort of bored.
"The AMBU found him almost immediately, they had a fuss about how well he was healed. They could tell that he had been through serious injuries. Other than that, I don't know." Kisame informed him.
"If uncle doesn't return soon, dad's a dead man. Though, if he dies, it's his fault." Karasu said gloomly.
"That's sort of depressing, don't you ever say anything possive, or are you too much like Itachi?"
"I respect my uncle, what's wrong being like him?"
Kisame laughed at what Karasu said. Karasu gave Kisame a bad look that immediately stop him.
"Oh, you were serious. Karasu, have you ever laughed at a joke in your life?"
Kisame seemed annoyed at him for being like Itachi! Course, two Itachi's could be annoying if you don't like silience. That didn't bother Karasu though, he was quite enjoying making Kisame mad.
"There is no point in laughing at jokes. They're just too stupid." Karasu was acting as if he were dead from the inside. Kisame didn't know what to think of Karasu at this point.
"Man, you can't be Sasuke's kid, you're too much like Itachi!" Kisame said to him like it was the end of the world. Karasu couldn't help but laugh, which surprised Kisame.
"Your face! It's too funny!" Karasu managed to say while he laughed.
"So you can laugh! Ha! I knew that I could break that punk act!" Kisame said proudly.
By now Karasu was on the ground laughing, because this was the first time in a long time he actually laughed! So much so, that he didn't notice (until he fell in) that he fell in the water!
"Ah! Kisame, HELP!" Karasu yelled while he tried to get away from the current.
"Karasu! Hang on!" Kisame yelled back to him.
 
 
 
 
 
Itachi heard a splash and then yelling as he came upon where he was suppose to meet Karasu and Kisame.
"What's going on..." Itachi said while he came out of the trees.
"Karasu!" Itachi yelled as he saw that Karasu had fallen into the strong water current.
Putting Sasuke down, Itachi went to help Kisame with saving Karasu.
 
 
 
 
Kisame ran on shore as he tried to grabed Karasu's hand. It wasn't working like he hoped. Itachi could see that Kisame was failing in the attempt, so he decided it was time to try and walk on the water. The current was strong, however Itachi would try his best to overcome it. While Itachi did that, Karasu's head went under the water. "No Karasu!" Kisame yelled out as Itachi did his best to find him. Finally, Itachi gave up. Going back to shore he grabed Sasuke, and went over to Kisame.
"All he did was actually start to open up and laugh with me. I guess he had his last laugh." Kisame said tearfully. Itachi shot him a bad look, that said to shut up.
"My nephew isn't dead! H... he can't be..." Itachi yelled at Kisame.
"Itachi, he fell off a waterfall in a strong current, the ch..." "I don't care! He's not dead!"
Itachi interrupted Kisame before he he could say it.
"Itachi, face it, Karasu's dead." Kisame said never seeing Itachi like this before.
"You two were closer than I thought." Kisame said when Itachi didn't reply.
"If Karasu's dead, what am I going to tell Sasuke?" Itachi asked him as he looked at his sleeping brother.
"The truth, his son is dead." Itachi knew that Kisame was going to tell him that.
"Kisame, let's go look for him." Itachi said as he went to look.
 
 
 
 
Itachi and Kisame had no luck in finding Karasu. By the time they had come back, Sasuke was awake.
"Itachi, where's Karasu?" Sasuke asked him first thing.
"Karasu..." Itachi couldn't say it.
"He's most likely dead." Kisame told him as Sasuke's face went pale.
"Wh... what!? Itachi, where's my son!?" Sasuke yelled, not wanting to believe Karasu was dead.
"We told you, he's DEAD!" Kisame told him again.
"No! I don't believe you!" Sasuke said now with tears in his eyes.
"Sasuke, Karasu fell in the water and went down the waterfall. We didn't find his body." Itachi said blankly.
Sasuke looked at Itachi and then Kisame, realizing that they weren't lieing.
"Itachi, how could you let this happen!? You were his role model!" Sasuke yelled at him.
"Sasuke, you're wrong, you were. He wanted to you, as his father." Itachi told him.
"Every time, not just some, I caused comflict with him. All he wanted was to talk, but I wouldn't let him." Sasuke said as he started to cry, hard.
Itachi and Kisame didn't say more to Sasuke, afraid that if they did, he would have a breakdown.
 
 
 
 
"Uh, where am I? Am I dead?" Karasu asked as he woke up what seemed to be far from where he had fell.
Karasu sat up, wondering, just where he was. "Uncle! Kisame! Anyone!" Karasu yelled out. Karasu stood up when he didn't hear anyone reply. Karasu started to walk up the river on land.
 
 
 
 
Kisame and Itachi tried their best to tend to Sasuke's womes.
"Itachi, we need to leave soon." Kisame told him while he looked at the waterfall again.
"No, I have a feeling we should stay." Itachi interjected.
"Yeah, I do too, weird.' Sasuke said to them.
 
 
 
 
Karasu was almost to the waterfall, in fact, he could see it! "Yes!" Karasu yelled happily.
 
 
 
"Itachi, we need to leave now! Surely Naruto has called the AMBU by now." Kisame said to Itachi again.
"Hey!" They all turned to see someone in the distance.
"K... Karasu!" Sasuke, Itachi, and Kisame said at the same time.
"Hey! Sorry I took so long! OW!" Karasu cried out as he found himself being pinched by Kisame.
"He's real!" Kisame announced to them.
"Yeah, and that hurts!" Karasu said as he backed away from Kisame.
"Karasu! Get your butt over here!" Karasu heard Sasuke yell at him.
"Ah, hi dad, I see you're all right!" Karasu said doing as his father told him to do.
"Karasu, do you like scaring me!?" Sasuke yelled at him some more.
"Sasuke, stop yelling at him." Itachi put in for Karasu's defence.
Karasu smiled as he stepped away from Sasuke. He had missed seeing his uncle while he was away. Apparently, so did they! Karasu was happy that he ment so much to him.
"Look, Karasu's smiling! Whoohoo! He can smile!" Kisame yelled out.
"Hey uncle, don't we need to leave?" Karasu asked as everyone looked at him.
"You're right. Let's go." Itachi said as he arose.
"Wait, Karasu..." Sasuke said before they could do anything else.
"What is it dad?" Karasu asked him cheerfully.
"I'm glad you're alive. I think it's time we both went home." Karasu couldn't believe his ears, Sasuke had actually said the words he always wanted to hear.
"Dad, are you serious!?" Karasu asked gleefully.
"Yes, I am." Sasuke answered as Karasu gave him a hug.
"Yeah!" Karasu yelled in Sasuke's ear.
"Kisame, please tell the boss that we will not be returning." Itachi told Kisame.
"Okay, I'll tell him." Kisame said before he left.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Karasu returned to Konoha, with Itachi and Sasuke. After a long time, it felt good to be home, once again.