Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Secrets of the Uzamaki Clan ❯ The Return ( Chapter 19 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Sorry for the slow update, I just got a new video game and I've been busy. Seriously! My English teacher must be spawned from Hell or something! Anyway, back to the point. Well, okay to start the point. Onward!
 
"Naruto-niisan, teach us that jutsu you promised," Inari said when Naruto and Sasuke met them in the woods.
 
"Yeah! C'mon, Boss!" Konohamaru added eagerly.
 
"Yes, you did say you would," Hanabi told him with an air of 'teach us now'. Naruto rubbed his forehead and sighed.
 
"Jeez, I absolutely spoil you guys. Okay, what to teach…" Naruto rolled through his list of jutsus. Eventually he decided to make Sasuke do it.
 
"Hey Sasuke, why don't you teach them a jutsu? I've already taught them two!"
 
"Eh!? I'm not the one who signed up for temporary-sensei duty!" Sasuke shot back.
 
"Oh yeah? Well… what about the tree drill from Hell you put them through. You owe them!" The two chuunin continued to argue until Naruto's skill at being a pain in the ass prevailed over Sasuke's logic.
 
"Fine, fine," Sasuke mumbled. "I'll teach the brats a jutsu."
 
"HEY!" Konohamaru yelled back. "We are NOT brats!" Konohamaru folded his arms and glared at Sasuke and even Hanabi was glaring at him. Inari was the only one left unfazed, he'd been called worse. Sasuke smirked at the three younger kids.
 
"Whatever. I have the perfect jutsu in mind," Sasuke said with a sadistic glint in his eye. "I bet you remember it." Sasuke rapidly performed seals. "Housenka no Jutsu!" The genin screamed and ran to avoid the impending fireballs. They managed to avoid them but Konohamaru got his butt scorched. "There, I showed you the seals now all you have to do is summon chakra through your lungs and out your mouth in short puffs." Sasuke turned around and started heading in the direction of Konohoa.
 
Next Scene
"Hey, how come we're going back to Konohoa?" Inari asked when he realized where they were heading.
 
"Well, no matter where I go this damned pheromone gets me into trouble. So I figure I might as well get chased where there's good ramen," Naruto replied, a goofy but ever so slightly nervous grin adorning his face.
 
"And you have the hots for a girl there," Sasuke added nonchalantly. Naruto glared daggers at Sasuke and was about to attack him but Konohamaru interrupted him.
 
"Really, Boss? Who is it?" Konohamaru asked eagerly, a mischievous glint in his eye. "It's not that Sakura girl, is it?" Konohamaru asked with a sense of dread.
 
"No," Naruto said suddenly, "I don't have the hots for anyone!" Sasuke looked at the fox boy with a mild curiosity.
 
'Hm, I wonder…' "Hi, Hinata," Sasuke said suddenly.
 
"What!? Where!?" Naruto shouted, his head swinging side-to-side.
 
"So it IS Hinata. About time you noticed her, dobe." Naruto turned bright red.
 
"I-I do not!" Naruto sputtered out. "I was just scared because of the pheromone!"
 
"The why aren't you half-way up a tree by now?" Sasuke asked with a confident smirk. Naruto just gaped like a fish, searching for a comeback. When he noticed the genin staring at him he snapped.
 
"You all! Training now! Give me a hundred push-ups over there!" Naruto shouted, pointing at a spot several yards away.
 
"But-" Konohamaru began.
 
"NOW!" The tree immediately ran to the designated area. Waiting for Naruto to simmer down, Sasuke restarted the conversation a few seconds later.
 
"So, what's with the sudden change of heart?" Naruto just glared at him. Sasuke sighed. "Tell me or I'll shout it across Konohoa. Women love an unattainable guy," Sasuke said slyly. Naruto took a big gulp before spilling his guts.
 
"I don't know! I guess, I always thought Hinata was nice and she's pretty and if she really does like me with the pheromone maybe it's worth a try, you know? I mean, maybe having a girlfriend will at least weaken the pheromone. The foxes said that I need to 'choose a mate' for it to wear off, so who knows!"
 
"Okay, okay, calm down. I was wondering when you'd notice her, I mean she's been crazy about you for years!" Naruto blushed briefly but quickly regained his composure and walked towards the genin.
 
"Okay guys, it's time to haul ass! And we aren't walking this time either!" The genin stopped their push-ups and started quizzically at Naruto. Naruto performed some seals and bit his thumb, drawing blood. "Kuchiyose no Jutsu!" There was a massive puff of smoke and there was suddenly a giant frog with a katana sitting in front of them. "What's up, Gamabunta?"
 
"Hey, brat. What do you need? And you better say its not to just show off to those three younger brats." Then Gamabunta chuckled. "By the way: I love the nickname for that fox." Naruto chuckled as well and turned to the dumbstruck genin. He lifter all three of their chins off the ground before speaking.
 
"Say hello to Gamabunta, boss of the frogs and our ride to Konohoa." They just nodded dumbly. Gamabunta snorted.
 
"Ride? That's it? You lazy-ass. Oh well, hop on." Naruto jumped on the massive frog's head, soon followed by the genin and Sasuke. "Hold on tight." And with that Gamabunta soared into the air and in just a few hops was twenty feet from Konohoa's gates. Finally Inari spoke.
 
"This guy is awesome! I mean he's a sword-wielding frog! That's so cool!"
 
"I like this kid," Gamabunta said.
 
"Yeah, I guess he's pretty cool but I still prefer the foxes," Konohamaru whispered, getting ready to get off of the frog's head. Unfortunately Gamabunta did hear him and shook a little bit to send Konohamaru flying into the ground.
 
"You should know not to insult a boss summon, Konohamaru," Hanabi said as she much more gracefully hopped off of Gamabunta. Inari grinned and stifled a chuckled before following. Naruto thanked Gamabunta before jumping off with Sasuke and in a puff Gamabunta was gone. The shinobi walked to the gate, flashed their I.D. to the stunned guards and entered Konohoa. Naruto hadn't even begun to say that it was good to be home before he heard it.
 
"Naru-kun!" cried legions of fan girls.
 
For those wondering about the sudden change in Naruto's feelings about Hinata, it's not 'true love', at least not yet. I mean, you don't have to love someone to like them enough to date them. Anyway, read and review. Flamers will be unmercifully burnt, shredded and eaten by my dragons.