Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ SetUp ❯ Cold Heart ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Set-Up
By: akasuki088
“My love is not a bottle which you just throw and recycle.”
Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto. There is a self-insertion here. See if you could find it in this chapter. I also posted this on Fanfiction.net … I got a lot of nice reviews… so I tried putting it here. Hope you'll like it!
Sakura's POV
As I was returning from the village of Konoha, I saw Naruto waving to me. I was in a ship from the Snow Country after a tiring mission. I noticed Naruto shouting something, so I came down and he came rushing to me with the words, “Sasuke-kun's back!”
Is this a nightmare? A hallucination? I can't believe that creep would even return here. But… why? I started to turn away emotionlessly from Naruto without seeing his expression at all.
“Such useless news…” I said to myself as I was rustling through the busy streets of Konoha. A dull expression stopped me when I saw the serious-looking face I've never seen in 4 years. The face of Sasuke.
“What are you doing here?” I asked him. Sasuke looked at me with distinction.
“Your eyes are telling me to leave. When I left this place, you and Naruto were trying to stop me and now you give me that look?”
“Hmph. I don't care at all. I'm not the weak Sakura you knew. C'mon, things can change for 4 years. I can look at you this way whenever I want.” I replied. Sasuke smirked.
“You're not the same Sakura I knew.”
“You know, like what I said, things can change. Don't you dare tell me that this is the only reason why you returned? To give me lectures and scowl me off? NO way. And you're right, I am NOT the same Sakura you knew. You left me in a dark place, unconscious, so my heart is now ice.”
“But you know the reason why I left.”
“That's such a lame excuse for a boy like you. I thought you were the number one rookie in the Ninja Academy? Where's your intelligence now? Didn't you even think that you might die in the hands of that creep Orochimaru? POWER is the only thing you love, so go love it.” I said heartlessly. Sasuke held my wrist.
“Let go!” I pulled my wrist from his hand. I suddenly swung my hand to his cheek.
“Things won't be easy. If you want to say sorry, it's not enough. Right now, I am in no position to forgive you at all. So leave me alone!”
I walked away, no idea how I did that. I'm so sorry Sasuke, but my heart is freezing cold with different locks in it. You can't just open it. Melt the ice, open the locks with the keys of your love and I might return to you.
“Sakura-chan, why did you do that?” Ino asked.
“It's his fault, not mine. If he didn't return, this won't have happened.” I said in reply.
“It's still wrong to slap him, just like that. You should say sorry.” Ino reprimanded. I looked at her.
“SORRY? Ino-chan, I won't do that. It would take more than a while for me to say sorry to him. Are you with me or against me?”
Damn it, Ino doesn't understand what I'm trying to say. I hate Sasuke, and that's it. NO more about it.
Ino was somewhat thinking of something. “What are you thinking?” I asked.
“Muhahahaha… I finally know how you could forget Sasuke easily!” Ino shouted.
“Oooh… tell me!” I said. Ino muttered something in my ear then…
“WHAT? A SET-UP? No way. I might get, raped or something….”
“Don't worry, I know all the possible bachelors in this town so there won't be a problem. Don't worry, I'll take care of it. My friend is a very mysterious one. She doesn't tell who the person you'll be set-up with.” Ino said.
I don't really know how Ino could do this set-up… I completely trust her… or at least I do… but the problem is, what will I do? Who will be that boy? Hmmm… I wish I knew…
Ino's POV
I got my cell phone from the table and called the person.
“Hello? This is Ino-chan. May I speak to Minoru-chan?” I said.
“This is Minoru. What do you need?”
“I need you to set-up my friend to a boy. This girl needs to forget something. Do you accept the mission?”
“Hai. And what would be the name of the girl?”
“Her name is DancingCherryblossoms. Would that be good enough for a pen name?”
“Yup. I'll take care of this. See ya.”
“Ja!” I said. This is going to be fun.
Sasuke's POV
Whoa. That hurts.
I returned to my house and found out a message in my phone. It was an unknown number, but at the last part of the message, I saw a name.
DancingCherryblossoms.
“Who's this? I better call it.” I redialed the number but there wasn't any answer. Shoot.
The message was all about meeting her on the end point of Konoha, this Saturday, at 5:00 pm. I don't know who this person is, but better meet her.
Suddenly, there a someone knocking at the door. It was a girl. With her is a box, and a note.
“This is a delivery from DancingCherryblossoms.” She immediately left, with no words ever coming out of her mouth.
The note read,
Sasuke-kun,
Fate destined me to smile again.
DancingCherryblossoms
Inside the box was a blue yukata, another note surprised me. “Wear it on that day.” It read. This is really getting weird. I wonder.
Sakura's POV
My cell phone was ringing for a message. I opened and the message said,” You'll be receiving a beautiful yukata from me. We'll meet at the bridge, this Saturday at 5:00 pm. DarKsaiNt.
Maybe this is the boy who I am set-up with.
Please read, review and if I receive a lot of good ones, I'll continue!