Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Shattered Truths ❯ The Truth Revealed ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]



Story: Shattered Truths, Chapter 2
Disclaimer: I don't own Naruto...

With Sasuke...
Sasuke was approaching the Hokage's office, pondering Naruto's actions that day. 'What could have caused him to snap like that?' He wondered. 'Could it have been something to do with the wave mission?'
Sasuke had noticed a rapid change in Naruto's behavior, but he'd had too much pride to admit that he was even slightly worried or that he did notice.
Sasuke knocked on the Hokage's office door.
''Come in.'' Sandaime said, sighing. Sasuke stepped in, closing the door behind him. Sandaime smirked, cocking an eyebrow.
''Ah, if it isn't Sasuke.'' he smiled.
''Hokage-sama, I need to speak with you.'' Sasuke said.
''Speak your mind.''
''Iruka sent me here to give a report on Naruto. I don't know what upset him, but when we were about to start a mission, he shouted something then ran off. Iruka went after him. That's all I know.''
The Hokage's smile faded after hearing this.
'Has he finally snapped?' he wondered, sadly.
Sandaime had known Naruto ever since he was very little. So he was aware of his mask. Naruto had always tried to hide his pain and suffering from everyone else by acting foolish and pulling pranks. He did it because he didn't want the sympathy from others. He had always tried to get through things on his own, never relying on the help of others for anything. He sighed.
''Thank you, Sasuke.'' he replied. "You're dismissed."
Sasuke was headed toward Naruto's apartment, when he spotted Kakashi and Sakura. Coming towards them, he made certain his facial expressions showed no sign of being worried or frustrated. His normal, calm, unemotional, I'm-better-than-everyone-else look appeared on his face. Kakashi gazed up, after feeling his presence. Sakura did as well.
"He knows." Sasuke notified them. Sakura shook her head.
"Kakashi knows as well." she responded. There was a moment of silence in which Sakura opened her mouth to speak but was interrupted by Kakashi.
"You two need to report back to Iruka, but first, I need to tell you something. I'm not suppose to talk about it, but as Naruto's teammates, I think you two should know." He said, as he walked towards a bench that was near the Hokage's mansion.
"Set down." he instructed, pointing at the bench. Sakura was the first to set down, followed by Sasuke. He attempted to set on the opposite side of the bench as Sakura, but she quickly scooted over right next to him.
"I'd rather stand..." He grumbled getting up.
"Have either of you heard of the Nine-Tailed Fox?" Kakashi asked them, thinking they probably had. A blank expression appeared on Sakura's face, as she recalled something.
"Oh, you mean the one that nearly whipped out the village around twelve years ago?" She questioned. This caught Sasuke's attention. He had heard of the Nine-Tailed Fox and the damage it had caused to the village. He had also heard about the Fourth Hokage's sacrifice, but didn't know much more about it.
"Yes..." Kakashi answered.
"Didn't the Fourth Hokage sacrifice himself to kill the Nine Tails?" Sakura asked. Kakashi looked away, biting his lip underneath his mask.
"No..." he admitted with an icy tone, that caused them to cringe. "The truth is...the Fourth Hokage didn't 'kill'the nine tails; he couldn't. Even with his power, it was impossible to completely get rid of it. So with the last of his strength, he used a forbidden technique to seal it inside his newborn son, Naruto..." Kakashi explained. There was another moment of silence, only this time it was longer, and would give you an uneasy feeling on your stomach.
"Why...?" Sakura sobbed. "Why would he do that to his own son...?"
Kakashi sighed, not able to find the right words to explain it.
"Let me sum it up," he said. "He believed that by sealing the fox inside of Naruto, he would be able to overcome it's power and use it for something great. He believed that Naruto would bring peace to the Shinobi world. It's sort of like a child of prophecy."
"So if that's true, shouldn't Naruto be regarded as hero?" Sakura asked, confused.
Yes...But the villagers don't think of it that way. As you remember, a lot of lives were took that day, including Shinobi and random villagers. So when people see Naruto, they see him as a demon, not as a person. Naruto has had a worse childhood than you could probably ever imagine. He's been beaten, ridiculed, ignored, told to get away, and shunned for something he couldn't control. He has no parents, so his first 'true' friend was Iruka, and you're about the only other friends he has. Your opinions mean a lot to him. Saying things that you would think wouldn't offend him, could really get him upset. Just think about that the next time you're about to fuss at him. Oh, and whatever you do, don't let anyone know that I've told you this." Kakashi warned, before disappearing in a cloud of smoke.
Sakura was staring at the ground, thinking about Naruto and how bad she'd treated him. She now knew why he had such big mouth. He was trying to get people to notice him. That must have also been why he was always reckless and pulled pranks. She had known that he had no parents, but never knew that had went through that much suffering. That's when a brief flashback came to mind from when she was only six or seven years old.
- Flashblack -
She stood in a huge crowd of villagers, holding her mother's hand. People around her were whispering amongst themselves, and pointing fingers. The pink haired girl couldn't help, but notice the glares, and looks of fear in some of the people. She managed to move just right so she could see what they were talking about.
Up ahead, she spotted a mere child probably about her age, walking through the streets. He skipped through the streets, a cheerful smile plastered on to his face. He had bright blond hair could challenge the sun any day.
She had seen him once before, when she went to pick up something for her father. He was setting by himself on a bench. It looked like he had tears in his eyes, but then her thought changed when she considered that it was probably just the light.
“There, do you see him...?” she was snapped out her thoughts, as she overheard a woman next to her whisper. “It's that boy...”
'He's just a child...' thought Sakura. 'but they glare at him as if he's some kind traitor to the village...'
Before she could think about it any longer, she was abruptly pulled away by her mother.
- End of Flashblack -
'Naruto...'
Sakura thought. 'If I'd only known...'
Sasuke sat, his mind flooded with a mixture of guilt and shock. He wished he would've been at least little nicer to Naruto. He had always insulted him, and called him names, not knowing, or even stopping to think that, just maybe, Naruto had been through a lot more than what he'd thought. He had noticed Naruto was always smiling, and never once wanted the sympathy from others. 'But why...?' he wondered. 'Why would he hide his feelings like that? It makes no since...' He wanted to make it up to Naruto, but didn't know how. 'Damn, if it I'd only known...'

A/N: What did you think? Review.