Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Sisters ❯ Showdown ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto but I do own my thoughts.

Sisters

Chapter II Showdown


Naruto sat behind his desk looking at the eldest Uchiha. He could tell that Itachi was angry but he knew that somewhere or at sometime his wife would appear and calm him down but until then Naruto was on his own handling the hot headed Uchiha. Itachi just stood there staring at Naruto waiting for him to say something. There was one thing that Byshu knew about her father very well and it was that Itachi was stubborn as hell. Naruto knew it as well but had a plan in mind. He turned to Kakashi and motioned for him to come closer. Whispering something in Kakashi’s ear Naruto narrowed his eyes as Kakashi replied back. Naruto shook his head and whispered again. Kakashi nodded his head and disappeared. Itachi was still looking at Naruto and he was still waiting for Naruto to say something. ‘I’ll guess I have to start’

“Itachi…your daughters seem to be persisting that they want to be ninja. Problem is…”

“Don’t even. I am in no mood. All I want is to take my daughters home and be done with this.”

“You realize that is impossible.”

“By what means.” Byshu cringed slightly. When her father’s questions turned into statements she knew he was beyond pissed.

“As Hokage and since the girls are technically from here, they are to stay. You must…”

“They are my daughters. My responsibility. They do not live here at all they live in the water country with me and my wife. I have restricted them from becoming ninja to protect them. I do not want to see them live a life of regret and pain. I will not have it”

“Itachi please try to understand that no matter what you say one or the other or both will keep trying to become ninja and if you still persist on not letting them then they will take after their mother and teach themselves. Either way you can not stop them.”

“…no that is impossible…” Itachi buried his head in his hands. Naruto that was easier than expected but he still did not miss the despair radiating off of Itachi. Naruto’s eyes went from bored to worry in a second. He may never know what it was like to have kids and lose them to something that seemed so simple as this but Naruto could tell that Itachi still did not want his daughters to go through it. A knock broke Naruto’s train of thought and he shot the door a glare.

“Come in.”

“Naruto you needed to see me?” It was Sasuke. Naruto had requested to see him and was glad to see that Sasuke was able to get away from his training to see what Naruto wanted. Sasuke looked at Itachi for a minute. His expression was unreadable at first but a few seconds later his eyes were filled with worry at seeing his brother’s distress.

“Yes Sasuke. I want you to meet your nieces, Byshu and Salina.” Naruto motioned to Salina and Byshu who was hiding behind Gai. Normally she would be chatting away but the day was beginning to get stressful and her fear grew. Her father did not talk much about Sasuke. Most of the time his voice would be filled with regret for what he had done to his little brother but Byshu only saw a picture of her uncle when he was thirteen. Now here he was standing a few feet away and she was terrified to meet him.

Sasuke looked at Salina and frowned. He got the sudden feeling that she was not so obeying as her sister. He glanced at Byshu who shrunk back. Sasuke smiled and walked over to her and kneeled down holding out a hand. Byshu grabbed it hesitantly before going to give her uncle a hug. To Byshu, her uncle was warm and kind, but to Salina, Sasuke was nothing but an even weaker version of her father. She disliked her father and now she disliked her uncle at first sight.

Sasuke picked Byshu up and walked over to Itachi who looked down at the floor. He felt Sasuke next to him but he did not bother to look up. He could not look at his brother without feeling immense regret.

“Itachi…” No answer. Byshu leaned down a bit and shook her father’s shoulder.

“Daddy? Daddy. Daddy please talk. Daddy?” Byshu’s eyes began to water when her father did not reply. She shook his shoulder again but still there was no answer. Byshu started to cry and Sasuke tried his best to calm her but there was nothing he could do. Naruto looked at Itachi and was surprised to see tears falling, silently down Itachi’s cheeks. Naruto looked at Salina who, for once in her life, was looking at her father tears staining her face. She walked over to him and sat down on her knees in front of him. Itachi had closed his eyes and lowered his head so that his bangs covered his face. Salina raised her hand and wiped away the tears only to have more come down. Itachi opened his eyes and looked at her. He said nothing. There wasn’t anything he could say and Salina knew it.

“Come on you two lets head over to the compound. Itachi? Itachi?” Itachi felt like he could not move. He just looked at Salina with sad eyes.

“Papa? Papa lets go” Salina tugged on his shirt sleeve. Byshu had cried herself into a dreamless sleep. Salina did not understand. Her father was fine just a minute ago but she had seen that expression on his face before. It normally shows itself when he knows something bad was going to happen but he never told anyone.

“Salina, do not repeat the mistakes I have done” Itachi whispered for only Salina to hear. She looked at him with a horrified face. She didn’t understand what he was talking about and she knew that she didn’t want to know. Salina stared up at her father before giving her answer. A sort of understanding dawned on her but she knew she could not change what was probably already set in stone.

“Papa, I promise you I will make you proud and not repeat any of the mistakes you have done.” Itachi looked at her. He knew she was being sincere then again he could not change the future. Salina had that power and he hoped she would never discover said power. A knock on the Hokage’s door brought everybody out of their thoughts but Itachi. He still continued his thought process until he heard a familiar female voice.

“I see you have managed to calm him down. That’s a new world record”

---------------------------------------------------- ----
Sorry it was so short but things will start to reveal themselves in later chapters. Please Review.