Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Sleigh Ride in Konoha ❯ Sleigh Ride ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Author: Ha! Merry Christmas! This is my first shot at a songfic. Hope you like it!
 
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
 
Just hear those sleigh bells jingling,
ring ting tingling too
Come on, it's lovely weather
for a sleigh ride together with you
 
 
Saiiya looked outside her room, seeing the snow falling softly onto the already snow-covered village of Konoha. She heard the familiar sound of bells ringing, spying a horse and sleigh gliding across the glistening white street. She looked over her shoulder at her boyfriend, Neji. “Neji?” she called and the teen in question glanced up from the scroll he was reading. “Hm?” he responded. “Let's go out on a sleigh ride.” Neji sat up straighter in his chair, his hand resting casually on his mug of hot chocolate. “Why would you suggest such a petty thing?” Saiiya frowned. “It's lovely weather outside, and I've always wanted to go on one. Come on, please?”
 
 
Outside the snow is falling
and friends are calling "Yoo hoo,"
Come on, it's lovely weather
for a sleigh ride together with you.
 
 
Neji shrugged. “Fine.” Saiiya grinned and hugged the Hyuga, rushing to grab her coat. Neji did the same, only much more calmly. As they walked out, clothed in warm clothing, they noticed Ino and Shikamaru out. “Yoo hoo! Saiiya! Neji!” she called, waving her hand. “Ah! Ino!” Saiiya greeted, pulling her boyfriend to the couple. “Saiiya dragged you along too?” Shikamaru asked, and Neji nodded as both of their girlfriends chatted about Christmas and snow. “But she's an awesome girlfriend,” Neji complimented, catching Saiiya's attention. She blushed, smiling shyly. “Neji…you're so sweet…” she placed a kiss on his cheek, and then smiled at Ino and Shikamaru. “Well, we're off to go on a sleigh ride! Catch you later!” Saiiya hooked arms with Neji, and they jogged towards the place that they got on. Saiiya laughed triumphantly. She and Neji were the only people waiting, and there was a horse and sleigh waiting. She grinned at Neji, who in turn smiled warmly back at her and they both got on the sleigh. The sled started off with a lurch, and soon they were gliding down the street.
 
 
Giddy yap, giddy yap, giddy yap,
let's go, Let's look at the show,
We're riding in a wonderland of snow.
Giddy yap, giddy yap, giddy yap,
it's grand, Just holding your hand,
We're gliding along with a song
of a wintry fairy land.
 
 
Saiiya looked around, smiling contentedly. She felt a gloved hand wrapped around her hand, and she looked over at Neji, and he smiled back at her. Saiiya leaned in and gave him a quick kiss on the lips before looking out over Konoha. The driver pressed a hidden button and a light Christmas tune came on. Saiiya's grin widened, and she squeezed Neji's hand. “It's like a wintry fairy land, isn't it?” Neji murmured, and Saiiya nodded.
 
 
Our cheeks are nice and rosy
and comfy cozy are we
We're snuggled up together
like two birds of a feather would be
Let's take that road before us
and sing a chorus or two
Come on, it's lovely weather
for a sleigh ride together with you.
 
 
Saiiya wrapped her scarf tighter around her face, her cheeks flushing from the cold, and Neji wrapped an arm around her shoulders, nestling his face in her hair. Saiiya laid her head on his shoulder, giggling when she heard his heart rate quicken. She recognized the Christmas song playing, and she began humming it. She grinned when she felt Neji's throat rumble as he sang along too. “I told you that this sleigh ride would be fun,” Saiiya murmured, and Neji smiled. “Hai, you were right. Hm? A fork in the road?” Saiiya looked up, and the driver had stopped, glancing over his shoulder. “Which way would you like to go?” he asked, and Saiiya looked both ways. “Let's take the road before us.” She waved her hand to the left, and the driver nodded, turning down that road.
 
 
There's a birthday party
at the home of Farmer Gray
It'll be the perfect ending a perfect day
We'll be singing the songs
we love to sing without a single stop,
At the fireplace while we watch
the chestnuts pop. Pop! pop! pop!
 
 
Saiiya looked up suddenly as they were passing a farm. “Neji! There's birthday party at Gray-kun's house! Can we go? It'd be perfect after this sleigh ride!” Saiiya suggested brightly, and Neji sighed. “Why not?” Saiiya grinned, hugging him. “Arigato! Driver, can you stop here? We'd like to go to the farm.” The driver simply nodded and pulled up to the farm. Neji and Saiiya got off, thanking the driver. He bowed, and the two walked up to the farmhouse. Being welcomed in, they immediately joined in singing songs around the fireplace. Saiiya and Neji sat down together on an open loveseat, Neji's arm once again wrapped lazily around Saiiya's shoulders and her arm around his waist, her other hand's fingers tangled with Neji's. She laughed as one child threw several chestnuts in the fireplace, listening as they popped.
 
 
There's a happy feeling
nothing in the world can buy,
When they pass around the chocolate
and the pumpkin pie
It'll nearly be like a picture print
by Currier and Ives
These wonderful things are the things
we remember all through our lives!
 
 
“Anyone up for pumpkin pie?” asked Gray, and several hands raised in the air and excited “Yes's” broke their nonstop singing. Someone offered the couple some chocolate, and Saiiya took one for herself and one for Neji. They then passed around the orange-colored pie. “Wow, that smells good,” Neji commented after being handed a slice. Saiiya noted that the scene almost looked like a picture she had seen in Christmas art books. `These are things I'll always remember,' she thought happily, biting into her pumpkin pie. There were a lot of stories being told, a warm glow surrounding room. “Saiiya?” Saiiya glanced over at her boyfriend, and he smirked. “Hai?” Neji took Saiiya's chin and lifted it, and he licked her upper lip softly. Saiiya blushed profusely. “You had some pie on your lip.” There were a few romantic sighs from the girls in the room, and the men just rolled their eyes at the women. “Well, thank you so much for the pie and chocolate! Happy birthday, Rin-chan!” Saiiya thanked, giving a hug to the birthday girl. “Arigato for coming, you two. Have fun!” Gray's wife called as they got back onto the sleigh, waving.
 
 
Just hear those sleigh bells jingling,
ring ting tingling too
Come on, it's lovely weather
for a sleigh ride together with you,
Outside the snow is falling
and friends are calling "Yoo hoo,"
Come on, it's lovely weather
for a sleigh ride together with you.
 
 
Several people waved to Saiiya and Neji, and they waved back, both smiling. “Did you notice that we pretty much haven't stopped smiling since we got on the sleigh?” Saiiya questioned, and Neji smirked. “True. It hasn't stopped snowing either.” Saiiya nodded, and went silent, listening to the sleigh bells jingling.
 
 
Giddy yap, giddy yap, giddy yap,
let's go, Let's look at the show,
We're riding in a wonderland of snow.
Giddy yap, giddy yap, giddy yap,
it's grand, Just holding your hand,
We're gliding along with a song
of a wintry fairy land
Our cheeks are nice and rosy
and comfy cozy are we
We're snuggled up together
like two birds of a feather would be
Let's take that road before us
and sing a chorus or two
Come on, it's lovely weather
for a sleigh ride together with you.
 
 
Just like before, Saiiya and Neji's hand slipped together, both wrapping their arms around each other, and Saiiya looked up at her man lovingly. Neji looked down at her, their faces close to each other. “Hm?” he whispered, and Saiiya shrugged. “Can't I stare at my boyfriend? Is there a law against that?” she asked, raising an eyebrow. Neji took his hand out of hers, resting it on her cheek. “There's a law against looking so hot.” Saiiya chuckled. “So what are you going to do about it, Neji?” Neji leaned closer. “I'm going to punish you.” Saiiya made a small squeak as Neji gave her a heart melting kiss. The driver shook his head slowly. `Ahh…young love…' he thought, amused. He pulled up to the place he had picked up the lovebirds, and looked over at his shoulder. He made a forced cough, breaking the enchanting lock the two lovers had on each other. Neji pulled back, licking his lips and eyeing the driver. “That's the end,” the driver explained, and Saiiya smiled. “Arigato Gozaimasu,” she thanked, handing him some yen. Neji stepped off, helping Saiiya down. Waving to the driver, they sighed in content. “That was a wonderful sleigh ride together with you,” Neji purred, dusting off some snow that had fallen on the kunoichi's shoulder. Saiiya nodded in agreement. “Hai. It was.”
 
 
 
~*~*~*~*~
 
Author: Well, I hope you liked it! A little romance between them that hasn't showed up yet in my other fic! Just giving you some clue on what's going to happen in the future! Once again, Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!