Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Snippets of Dawn ❯ Fireworks ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Theme: Fireworks
Characters: Deidara and Sasori

“I don't care for this piece.”

“Why not? I think the bold statement the artist made is quite intriguing. That and the woodprint is still intact after all these years.”

“It would look better blown up into bits and pieces, yeah,” Deidara said as he reached into his pouch of clay.

“We're not supposed to draw attention to ourselves,” Sasori stated, still admiring the woodprint.

Deidara snorted crossing his arms in front of him. “Admit it, you don't appreciate my expressive art form.”

“Though that may be true, I do have a valid reason this time.” Sasori tilted his head to the entrance of the tent.

Deidara turned to see several blushing women at the entrance to the festival's art gallery staring at the two men. Seeing the throngs of women making eyes at Sasori as well as himself was not a good thing. The last thing they needed was to be followed around by a bunch of fangirls.

“Why are we here in this village again?”

“We're meeting with an informant about information on our next target. They're supposed to meet us after the fireworks are over.”

The mention of fireworks brought a dangerous glint in Deidara's eye. “I guess going to this festival will be worth while after all. I wonder if they'll let me help put on a few fireworks of my own, yeah.”

Sasori sighed, “I'm still not certain why they insisted on making you my partner. Come, we need to be at the meeting place before the fireworks start.”

The blond frowned watching his partner walk out of the tent while the multitude of women gazed longingly after him. Deidara casually walked towards the exit with a smirk on his face. A few of the women smiled back at him unaware of how dangerous this man was. He waved at the group letting the tongue on his hand creep out and lick the air in a grotesque manner. The women blanched and then scampered away, frightened by the unusual display.

Deidara caught up with Sasori as the fireworks were starting. The dangerous criminal paused in awe of the spectacular colors dancing across the night sky. Bright hues of color painted the village in a cacophony of beauty. Finally, at least something got to be blown up.

Sasori was also in awe of the explosive performance. The intrigue in the woodprints was astounding, but there was something about the way the fireworks spread its splendor beyond the nighttime sky. People around them were smiling and basking in the brilliant display. It was as if everyone could truly appreciate this sort of art form. The puppet-master hated to admit it, but he thought he could see a bit of why Deidara was so enthralled with his explosive art. It was beauty in a fleeting moment, it was majesty magnified to a grand scale.

The next thing he knew, a clay bird floated up into the sky and with a loud “Katsu!” exploded into a large spray of colors spelling out the words, `Deidara was here.'

Whatever respect Sasori had for Deidara's art vanished after seeing his artistic interpretation of fireworks. However, a part of him still remembered the silent appreciation of what he saw that night. He would never tell his partner and Deidara would never know. But that night under the fireworks, the two artists finally came to a mutual agreement about art.