Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Something More ❯ Feelings Of Anguish ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Title: Something More
Rating: Kyuubi/Naruto, Sasuke/Naruto, Naruto/Sasuke
Genre: Romance/Angst
Pairings: Still undecided as of yet...
Warnings: Extreme angst! Chances of character death!
Summary: Acceptance was never easy to gain in the cruel world of a Shinobi, and no one knew this fact better than Uzumaki Naruto. All of his life had been spent living in contempt, and all he could ever hope for was attention, not love. Sure, he had a team that cared about him, and he was grateful to them, but after nearly three years his heart began to yearn for something more. He wanted someone to love him, despite the fact that Kyuubi was sealed within him. He wanted someone he could stand to cry in front of, someone who would comfort him when he cried. Was even something as simple as love too much to ask for?

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Chapter 1: Feelings Of Anguish

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-


It was a typical day for Team 7, despite the fact they were short one member. Normally, the missing member would be a certain silver haired Jounin, but today it was the entusiastic blonde who was absent. Naturally, after an hour of waiting, the three remaining Shinobi had decided to split up and look for him.

Kakashi had decided to check the Ichiraku Ramen, and Sakura had volunteered to wait at the Training Grounds in case the blonde Shinobi decided to show up. Sasuke merely snorted and leapt into the branches of the trees, making his way towards where he knew the blonde's apartment to be.

With a practiced silence, the Uchiha carefully opened the door to the small, shabby apartment. He vaguely acknowledged the number 666 on the door before he shut it, the scent of ramen and a slight tinge of musk bombarding his senses. It took him a moment to get used to the scent of the untidy apartment before he carefully made his way to what he expected was the blonde's bedroom.

As Sasuke stepped into the bedroom he barely had enough time to react before a kunai was launched at him from a dark corner of the room. With practiced ease, the teen managed to avoid the weapon, his cobalt eyes bleeding into the crimson of the Sharingan. It had become instinct, the primal dance of martial arts that ensued afterwards, and the Uchiha barely even noticed the boy he was fighting against was the one he'd come to find.

Before he could even register what had happened, Naruto found himself pinned to his own bed by his teammate, a kunai at his throat. The sharp edge gleamed menacingly in the dull light of the boy's room, and the battle was over as quickly as it had started. Sasuke pulled his kunai away and slipped it into the holster on his thigh, glaring down at Naruto in a mocking manner as he sat up, straddling the other boy's waste.

"You're late..."

Stunning blue eyes narrowed up at his rival, and the stubborn teenager quickly pushed the other off of him, growling deep in the back of his throat. It was a habit he had picked up from Kyuubi. Being left alone, stuck in his apartment throughout his rougher years, he'd spent hours cooped up inside himself talking to the fox. Over time, the fox and his host had eventually become more friendly towards each other, and soon their thoughts just merged together to the point where Naruto could easily speak with the fox and focus on whatever he might be doing at the time.

"I know. I wasn't planning on coming," Naruto replied, moving back to where he'd been seated before the Uchiha had interupted his conversation with Kyuubi. Almost instantly, Sasuke grew suspicious. Naruto, who was nearly always happy and surrounding himself with people, was now isolating himself in the darkest corner of his room. Even though he wasn't particuarly fond of Naruto, he couldn't help but worry about his teammate.