Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Sucked Into the Naruto World ❯ Chapter 5

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Ch. 5
Lee began to walk as the others followed. They walked a few blocks away to a building that looked pretty much like any other building. The only difference was that it had an enormous neon sign that read, `Gai's Pub and Grill.' Lee walked forward and held the door open for the siblings. Ryan shook his head. “You've got to be kidding me.” Kristin crossed her arms. “I didn't know Gai owned a restaurant.” Lee smiled. “Yeah, he figured it would be something fun to try.” The siblings still looked reluctant, but walked inside regardless.
Inside, the place was fairly crowded and somewhat dimly lit. There were people eating, drinking, and even some up at the karaoke machine on the stage towards the front. But the one thing that Kristin noticed was that one of her best friends, Alanna, was sitting at a table by the window with Neji. They were engaged in what appeared to be an interesting conversation. Kristin turned to her group. “Hold on guys, I'll be right back.” She began walking towards her friend's table as she yelled, “Hey Alanna!” But because she wasn't looking where she was going, she tripped over an unconscious drunkard only a few feet away from the table.
As she fell, her kunai pouch opened and the necklace fragment flew out. She quickly got back on her feet and looked frantically around for it. She breathed a sigh of relief as she found it and picked it back up. She stowed it in her pouch as she finally made it to Alanna's table. She was red in the face with embarrassment, but casually said, “What's up Alanna?” Alanna smiled and stood up. “If you mean `what's down?' then I think you already know.” The two girls laughed as they gave each other a hug.
Kristin then asked, “It's so awesome that you're here, but how? Did you get sucked into the T.V. to?” Alanna smirked evilly. “Let's just say I have my ways.” The two of them stopped hugging as Kristin noticed the silent Neji waiting at the table. “So you've been enjoying yourself, huh?” Alanna grew excited. “More than you know! You're not gonna believe this, but Neji asked me out yesterday! So we decided to come here for the first date. I'm so happy!” Once she'd finished her sentence, Neji stood up.
He turned to Kristin with a frown across his face. “Who are you, and what was that thing you dropped? It looked familiar.” Kristin grew worried as she turned to Alanna. “Is it really safe for me to tell him stuff like that?” Alanna punched her lightly in the arm. “Come on, he's not gonna hurt you.” Kristin sighed as she reached into her kunai pouch. She pulled out the fragment and held it in front of him. “My name is Kristin and I dropped this fragment of my necklace. There are four other pieces that I need to retrieve. Would you happen to know where I might find them?”
Neji nodded as he pulled out another fragment of the necklace from his pocket. Kristin's face lit up. “That's it! Can I have it back?” As she said this, Lee and her siblings walked up to rejoin her. They saw the fragment dangling from Neji's fingers and were speechless. Finally, Neji turned to the group and frowned. “No, you can't have it. It's sexy, like me.” Lee looked crestfallen. “Hey, he stole my line.” Alanna looked confused as Ryan angrily pointed to Neji. “Come on Christopher Robin, just hand it over and nobody gets mugged.” He then threateningly cracked his knuckles.
Neji smirked evilly. “You couldn't even touch me. But if you want it, then you'll all have to beat me in a competition.” The three siblings sighed; another piece that wasn't going to be easy to get. “What kind of competition?” Lee dared to ask. Neji motioned to the karaoke machine. “We're going to have a karaoke contest.” The siblings gulped as Alanna clapped excitedly. “Awesome! I love karaoke. And I can't wait to hear you sing Kristin.” Kristin smiled nervously and nodded.
Neji then cleared his throat. “Anyway, you'll have to beat my deep, manly voice at karaoke. But we're going to make this a little more interesting. We're going to form to teams; mine and yours. So choose whoever happens to be here, but my first choice is Alanna.” Alanna looked to Kristin and frowned slightly. “Sorry Kristin. I know you wanted to be on my team. But good luck anyway.” Kristin nodded as Alanna walked over to stand next to Neji. Kristin turned back to her group to see that all three of them were giving her the puppy-dog eyes. She smiled and laughed. “Come on guys, you knew you were gonna be my first picks anyway.” Her siblings and Lee began to cheer. Kristin turned back to Neji. “Well, I already have three, so go ahead and choose two more.”
Neji nodded as he turned his gaze to the rest of the restaurant. “I choose Tenten and Kiba.” Tenten was sitting about two tables away and Kiba was up at the bar trying to flash a fake I.D. Both of them turned around, stood up, and walked over. “What do you want?” Kiba asked angrily. He was obviously in a bad mood since his fake I.D. didn't work. Neji frowned. “You'll see.” He then returned his gaze on Kristin; wordlessly reminding her to choose someone else.
Kristin looked around the restaurant as she considered her options. She was about to choose, when her sister began yelling with excitement. “No freakin' way! Look Kristin, its Gaara! Oh please pick him next. Please.” Kristin sighed and smiled at her little sister. She looked up to see Gaara terrorizing the bartender for a free drink. (Even though he was definitely under age) “I choose Gaara.” Gaara turned his head and teleported over. He appeared right next to Nicole, who promptly fainted. Gaara remained silent, so Kristin took it that he wouldn't mind singing for them.
Neji, realizing it was his turn now, turn to assess his options. Then, he spotted Sasuke. “My next choice is Sasuke.” Sasuke turned his head as he began making his way over to them. However, it took him a while because Ino was latched to his left leg, and Sakura was attached to his right. When he finally did make it over, his face was full of hatred. “Kill me,” he mumbled to Neji. “Sasuke-kun, I won't let you go!” shouted Sakura. “Me neither!” Ino added. Neji let out a deep, low sigh. “Sorry, but I only want Sasuke on my team. Not you two.” “No! We're going wherever Sasuke-kun goes!” both girls yelled in unison. Neji frowned as he let out another frustrated sigh. “Alright, I suppose you two can be on my team as well.” Both girls cheered as they let go of Sasuke's legs and stood up.
Kristin smiled as she continued to look around. “Well, I guess that means I get to choose three people now.” She then spotted Hinata and gave Ryan a friendly nudge. “Hey Ryan look, it's Hinata, your girlfriend.” Ryan turned slightly red. “Oh, choose her next. I bet she's a great singer.” Kristin nodded. “I choose Hinata.” Hinata, who was three tables away, stood up and walked slowly over. “What's going on? Did I do something?” Hinata asked looking quite worried. Ryan smiled as he gave her a hug. “We're having a contest. You ready to win?” Hinata blushed slightly and nodded. `Who is this affectionate stranger? And why is he so interested in me? I've never seen him before. Oh well, I'll play along.' Kristin smiled as she looked around again. `Aw, those two are cute together. But who will I choose next?' She then spotted Shikamaru slapping Choji across the face for stealing food off of his plate.
“I choose Shikamaru.” Shikamaru looked up, stood up, and walked over with Choji following close behind. “What a drag. I had to walk all the way over here and deal with fatty at once. So, what do you want?” Shikamaru didn't sound even the least bit happy. Kristin smiled and motioned to the group behind her. “You see, we're about to enter a contest and my team's a little short. So, will you two join us?” Shikamaru sighed. “Whatever. I guess it's better than having to protect my food from blubber boy.” Choji grunted as he ignored Shikamaru's insult. “Do we get food if we win?” Kristin frowned at him as she cracked her knuckles. “You'll get a knuckle sandwich if you ask again.” Choji grew silent.
Neji looked around for another contestant for his team. He could only find one other person that he knew; Naruto. He sighed yet again. “I choose Naruto.” Naruto, who had been eavesdropping the entire time, began to cheer as he dashed over. “I'm gonna be the best singer here, believe it!” Just as he joined Neji's team, Kakashi entered the restaurant. He noticed the two large groups and walked over. “Hey guys, what's up?” He immediately recognized Kristin, Ryan, Nicole, and Lee. Kristin's group turned to him. “Do you want to join us for the Karaoke contest, Kakashi?” Kristin asked. Kakashi smiled and nodded. “Sure. Plus, I owe it to you guys for helping me catch that Mexican.”
At the sound of Kakashi's voice, Anko turned her head. She was in the middle of a tequila at the bar, but Kakashi's voice caused her to set it down. (Everyone knows that Anko had a thing for Kakashi) She walked over a little drunkenly. “Hi Kakashi! What's going on over here?” “We're having a karaoke contest. Wanna join our team?” Alanna asked her.
Anko smiled and nodded. “Sure. I love singing as much as Lee loves Kristin.” Lee looked suddenly shocked. “Hey, how did you know?” Anko smirked evilly as she pulled out a medium-sized blue diary with a picture of Lee on the cover. “I read it in your diary.” Lee looked confused. “Hey, that's not my diary. I always keep mine in my hair.” He reached into his hair and pulled out a small green book with a picture of Gai sensei on the cover. (The picture was autographed as well.) Anko started to laugh. “Hah! So you do have a diary!” Lee looked crestfallen as Kristin began to inspect the diary that Anko was holding. She looked shocked as she whipped it out of Anko's hands. “This is my diary!” She quickly stowed it away in her pocket as Lee gave her a strange look. “Why is there a picture of me on your diary? I thought you didn't like me.” Kristin turned red with embarrassment. “No reason, no reason. Actually, I think my brother put it on there as a joke.” Ryan, who was standing next to Hinata, laughed quietly to himself. `Te he, she's the one who put that on there, not me. But I did put a certain something under her pillow last night.'