Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Summer Missions ❯ One-Shot

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

The humid, hot weather of a Fire Country summer had quietly ascended upon the unsuspecting Hidden Leaf overnight. The heavy air that now settled over Konoha brought misery to everyone who had the misfortune to wander outside.
 
Unfortunately for Team 7, fate had not spared them from having a whole string of missions to accomplish before the day's end. The three young members worked diligently trying to get the work done as fast as they could. Their sensei oversaw the work from the shade of tree while his nose was buried in his beloved orange book.
 
As the hours passed, the sweat began to drip down the teenager's bodies, soaking their clothes with darkened stains. As the day began to bleed into night, Kakashi dismissed the tired Sakura who was suffering from dehydration.
 
However, the two rivals continued to pick the weeds in the garden of one of the elderly Konoha residents. This was their last mission of the day and both boys were still going full steam trying to beat the other out.
 
Unlike their female teammate, Sasuke and Naruto had the option to discard clothing as the day went on. The fair skinned Uchiha was pink from the sun's heavy gaze, while Naruto's skin was bronze and glistening.
 
Since the two boys had shed their upper clothing, both had been sneaking peaks at well-muscled bodies. The Copy-Nin would often wonder whether their speed finishing missions was really in competition or just so they could spend some time by themselves afterwards. It was probably more a mixture of both elements.
 
Now that all the tasks were almost complete, the Uchiha heir was slowing down to blatantly watch the blond bend over in his weed pulling. Kakashi's one visible eye curved in an arc, indicating his amusement in his pupil's ogling.
 
Sensing the eyes on him, Naruto turned to glare at the other boy. He only smirked in response. The blond's fists clenched and he turned to confront Sasuke.
 
Before either one could start a fight that could possibly ruin the garden, and therefore null and void their mission (and the money it provided), Kakashi stepped in. “That's good boys, job well done. I'll submit the reports now. You can have the day off tomorrow,” he said giving the boys both an all-knowing stare.
 
The rivals nodded and watched as their sensei formed hand seals and left with a pop. Sasuke looked up at the tree line where the sun's light was just barely reaching over. Naruto had walked up to stand by his side.
 
“Let's go home,” The Uchiha said, turning and holding out his hand to the blond.
 
Naruto smiled and took the pale hand being offered to him. Both hands were rough, blistered, and sweaty from working all day but as their fingers intertwined it just didn't matter. All that mattered was that their hands fit together, as they did, and that as they walked towards the Uchiha residence, neither of them would be alone.