Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Swing of Memories ❯ Swing of Memories ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

eden: hey, im back with another Naruto one-shot! I set this in the time right after the first part of the Chunin exam in episode 25. before the paper test are collected by Morino Ibiki, there is a shot of the swing outside in the sunset. Inspiration hit. And I wrote this in about 20 min. Thankies sweetnightmares for proof reading it for me! *grin* enjoy
 
 
“Whew… that was a hard test!” came a rather loud whine from a loud blonde.
 
“Jeez… it wasn't that hard, Naruto,” said the pink-haired girl next to him. She rolled her eyes at said blonde before looking to a raven haired boy on his left. He smirked and shared his own comment.
 
“No, it's just that he's an idiot.”
 
“Hey! I resent that,” cried the blonde as he attempted to jump-tackle the boy next to him. Sasuke just stopped walking and Naruto crashed into the wall in front of him.
 
Poking the boy with his shoe, he said mockingly, “You were supposed to.”
 
Sakura just sighed as she stopped and stared at her teammates arguing. She, herself, was quite glad it was over. Spending an hour in that room was frustrating, especially while worrying what would become of her friends.
 
Naruto had hopped back up and tried charging Sasuke again, but the boy anticipated his actions and side stepped him. Instead of falling, Naruto just kept on running, laughing gleefully as he went.
 
“Bet you can't catch me Sasuke-bastard, Sakura-chan!” he called back
 
Sasuke just stared after him before glancing at his female friend. They both shrugged and took off after him at an easy lope. Following his laughing voice they jogged until they reached the doors that led outside. There was a slight smile on Sakura's face, and a stoic look on Sasuke's as they reached the outside and pushed open the doors. A melancholy sight greeted them.
 
Just outside the doors of the almost empty academy there sat a tree. From the tree a branch reached out and a swing had been attached to it. A sad smile graced the face of the boy who sat on it, swinging slightly in the wind. Sakura's countenance changed to match Naruto's as she watched the boy swing from side to side in his awkward position. Even Sasuke's eyes softened at the sight.
 
“Naruto,” Sakura called out.
 
The boy glanced up quickly, surprised, before grinning sheepishly.
 
“I guess you caught me,” He sighed wistfully and continued to sway back and forth.
 
Walking over, Sakura pushed him over lightly, before joining him on the swing. Sasuke just leaned against the tree.
 
“Cheer up, Naruto,” Sakura said with a light grin. “We just passed the first test of the Chunin Exam. We should be celebrating.”
 
At those words, Naruto perked up slightly and lifted his head from where it was resting.
 
“Yeah.” A pause. “Celebrating.”
 
“Hey, dobe.” Sasuke grunted slightly, lifting himself from he lax position. “Tell you what. If you cheer up a bit, we'll treat you to ramen.”
 
Naruto jumped up from his seat, his face aglow with happiness.
 
“Really?!” he chirped, looking like he was about to pounce on Sasuke.
 
Sasuke looked from Naruto to Sakura, who just grinned at him. Warily he looked back at Naruto and nodded. He was tackled to the ground, too surprised to dodge this time. Naruto was back up in about 5 seconds grinning happily and shouting “ramen” at the top of his lungs as Sasuke stared up at him in bewilderment. Sakura burst out laughing at her teammates' actions and gripped the side of the swing to stop from falling off.
 
As her laughter subsided, Naruto ran over to her and grabbed her hands, pulling her off the swing. Sasuke's hands, which had been dusting their owner off, were grabbed as well.
 
“To Ichiraku's we go!” was shouted by the hyperactive blonde, as the swing was left behind, blowing lightly in the wind.
 
eden: wai! So much fluff! Friendship fluff of course.. unless you want it to be something else *shrug* oh well, R&R!!