Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Take Me Away ❯ Friends ( Chapter 3 )

[ A - All Readers ]
“Sora, get out here!” Chiyoko yelled.

Sora sighed and put her bandages down. She had just finished bandaging her cheek, the cut Chiyoko made was pretty deep.

What does she want now? She got up and walked into the living room.

“Yes?” She asked politely through clenched teeth. Chiyoko didn't really notice, she was too busy looking at herself in the mirror. Sora noticed she was wearing a very tight, but pretty green dress, that matched her green eyes and black hair nicely.

She has another date?

She glanced at Sora. “You know the drill, get out and don't come back until tomorrow.”

Sora nodded. “Yes ma'am.” She went back to her room to grag the things she needed. Clean shirt, pants, her weapons, and a few extra hair ties. Last she grabbed her yo yo and jumped out of the window.

She looked around, it was about 2:30. Where to go....where to go. I'll just wander i guess.

As she walked she noticed all the happy families. Mothers and daughters, fathers and sons, husbands and wives. All talking, laughing, happy. Most were celebrating their son or daughter becoming a ninja.

I wish father was still alive, everything would be fine if he was.

Sora's father had died saving her. They were on one of their father daughter camping trips when it happened. Some bandits had tried to rob them, but Ruizen fought them. It was no use, they were surrounded. When one had tried to attack Sora he took the blow for her, a fatal wound to the heart, he died instantly. Sora wanted to stay by her father's side, but the bandits were coming toward her. She did what any child would do, she ran. She made it back to the village, with many wounds, and informed the closest ninja what happened.

She was taken to the hospital, they went to find her fathers body.

Sora wiped the tears from her eyes. I wish i could have done something, but i was too young and weak. But that doesn't matter now, he's gone. There's nothing i can do.

She sighed and entered the flower shop. Ino was sitting behind the counter. Sora ignored her and Ino didn't say anything. Sora looked around and grabbed a deep pink rose meaning thank you and a purple hyacinth for forgiveness.

Sora closed her eyes. Thank you for saving me, forgive me for not being able to save you.

She sighed and walked over to the counter. Ino smirked. “Hello Sora.”

“Hello Ino.” Sora muttered.

Ino looked at the two flowers Sora was holding. “Those two flowers again. Sora you've been buying the same flowers for the past couple years. Who are you buying them for? Who are you thanking and want to forgive you?”

Sora looked at the flowers. “I don't think that's any of your business Ino.” She put the money on the table and walked out of the store.

Ino rolled her eyes. “Whatever Sora. I don't care anyway.”

Sora smiled. “Goodbye Ino.” Ino smiled.

Sora walked straight to the spot her father was buried. Once a week Sora would but the two same flowers from the Yamanaka Flower Shop and Ino would always ask the reason for buying them. Sora bought the flowers then took them to her father's grave. Most of the time she went on days that Chiyoko had a date, which was once a week.

She set the flowers in front of the gravestone, and sat down. “Hi dad, it's me Sora. Chiyoko's on another date. She really misses you, so do I. I graduated today, I'm now a Genin, I'll be assigned a team tomorrow. Hopefully it with people who I'll be able to work with.

“I've improved my skills with your yo-yo, it's still in perfect condition. I had to change the string though, sorry, but it wasn't strong enough. It's a type of light steel string I bought about a week ago. I had to start using gloves so the strings wouldn't cut my hands, but now I can swing up some of the tallest trees in Konoha without using my hands, feet, or Chakra.

“I tried it out this morning when I was training. I also met this strange boy, he was wearing a green spandex suit. He is just as strange as his sensei, Gai. You would have liked them dad, they seem like fair, honorable men. Lee, that's the boy, I think he's 13, ran 500 laps around Konoha because he lost to his rival. When I asked him why he said, 'So he could prove to that hard work and training can overcome genius and make him the better ninja.' Personally I think he is a genius, I've never heard truer words spoken. It's something you would have said.

“I wish I could remember you better, but it's getting harder to remember you. What you looked like, how you smell, how your voice sounded.” She could feel the tears running down her face, but she ignored them.

“I remember when you would always say that I would become a great ninja, and I promise I will, but you were even more excited when you pictured being there when I did. I'm sorry you couldn't be, I'm sorry you had to die protecting me. Thank you for saving me, but I feel that it would have been better if I had died and you ran away. Chiyoko would be happier, the village would be happier, no one would care if I was killed that day.

“I know you would be furious if you heard me talking like this, but I feel like it's my fault, I made you go on the camping trip. You loved this village, you wanted to protect it. I will never forgive myself, even if I was only 7, I could have done something. If I paid more attention in class or listened to your advice more. There have been ninjas who had graduated at that age, who would be able to save their parents, but I couldn't. I Couldn't Save You!

“I'm sorry Daddy!” She hugged her knees and cried

Sora didn't know how long she just sat and cried, but she didn't care. She would always vent to her father and have a good cry. If she didn't she'd probably go insane.

“Sora?” She stopped instantly and looked up, Lee was standing there.

“Oh Lee, what...what are you doing here?” She questioned, trying to wipe the tears from her eyes.

“I was training and I heard someone talking, then crying. So I came to look, and saw you.” He explained.

“How much did you here!?” She asked quickly, standing up. He took a surprised step back.

“Well I heard you apologizing, something about a yo-yo, and” He paused, blushing a bit. “and when you said I was honorable.”

Sora's face turned red. Why is he able to make me blush, when no one else can? “Oh, you..you heard that? Yes, well you are. Not many people will say that they'll run 500 laps around Konoha and actually do it.”

Lee smiled a wide smile. “Thank you Sora, no one has ever said I was honorable before. Neji usually calls me a drop out

“Why?” Sora asked confused. “You have a forehead protector, meaning you passed the exam.”

“Because I'm not able you do Ninjutsu and Genjutsu. I graduated with the lowest grades in the Academy. But I've been improving my Taijutsu and I'm working extra hard with my training. No matter how hard it gets, no matter what the circumstances are, just keep fighting. Don't quit, remember your goals, and show everyone that you can become something more.”

Sora's eyes widened and more tears came to her eyes. Not being able to stay on her feet she sat down.

Lee ran over to her and squatted down next to her. “Sora, what's wrong?”

She looked at the ground. “My father used to say that.” She muttered.

“Used to?” Lee questioned. Sora nodded.

“He died when I was 7. Your standing on his grave.” Lee let out a noise of surprise and jumped off the grave. He smiled a sheepish smile and Sora couldn't help but giggle, but soon stopped.

“Sorry, it's just you looked so surprised.” She started playing with the grass. “Lee, where did you hear that saying from?” Sora asked.

Lee sat down next to her. “Gai-sensei said it. Gai-sensei is the greatest, he was the first to believe in me. I am happy to have met Gai-sensei.” His eyes shined.

Sora smiled at his enthusiasm. “Where did Gai-sensei hear it from?”

Lee crossed his arms, and looked like he was thinking.

He looks so cute when he's thinking.

Sora froze. Wait what?!

Lee didn't notice. “Gai-sensei is very wise, I assume that he thought of it by himself.” Sora looked at him, trying to forget what she just thought.“Maybe your father knew Gai-sensei, that could be why he knew his wise words.”

Sora nodded. “I'll have to ask Gai-sensei next time I see him. He does seem like the kind of person father would be around. He always did have strange, but wise friends.”

There was a silence until Lee broke it. “Sora?”

“Yes Lee?”

“May I ask why you were crying and a asking for forgiveness?” He asked.

She looked away. “Because it's my fault my father is dead.” She whispered.

“What? How is it your fault?” He asked shocked.

“Because he wouldn't have died if I hadn't asked him to take me camping. He would still be here. He died protecting me. And instead of staying I ran, like a coward. It should have been me who died, not him. I wish it was.”

Lee's eyes were wide, he put a hand on her shoulder. She looked at him. “Sora, you shouldn't blame yourself. He died protecting something precious to him. What would have your father done if he had let you die? Would he have been happy? No, if your father loved you enough to sacrifice his life to save yours, you shouldn't blame yourself. You should try to make him proud, as if he was still here.”

Sora's eyes were wide, she was staring at Lee, shocked. More tears came to here eyes. Lee thought she was still sad and became nervous, waving his hands around..

“Why are you still crying? Please stop!”

Sora smiled, then began to giggle. It soon turned into full out laughter. Lee was looked very confused, it just made her laugh a little more. She put a hand on her chest and stopped.

I haven't laughed like that since...dad was alive. She smiled at Lee, a real smile, and she hugged him. Lee looked surprised.

“Thank you, Lee.” She whispered. He patted her back awkwardly.

“For what?” Sora blushed and stopped hugging him. She scooted away, blushing.

“For...for being my friend. Or I think we're friends. Are we friends? Cause I've only known you for about a day.” Sora started to ramble and Lee smiled.

“Of coarse Sora, it would be an honor to be your friend.”

Sora smiled. “Thank you again Lee, I haven't had a friend since my father died. I didn't think I needed them, but I realize now that even if I did get stronger, it didn't matter that because I had know one, I was alone. No friends, my father dead, and my evil step-mother would torture me, and still does. I'm....glad to have met you Lee.” She blushed.

“Annnnndddd, now I sound like an idiot.” Sora laughed nervously, but when she looked at Lee she saw that he had tears of joy running down his face.

“Oh no Sora, you can not help but say such kind things. For you are in your spring time of youth. Do not let fear hold you back!”

Sora's left eye twitched. “Hehe, right. So..Lee, don't you have training to do?”

Lee's hand became a fist and he jumped up. “That's right, I was training and becoming stronger. I had lost to my rival, Neji, again today.”

Sora got up and wiped the dust off her pants. “Well don't let me stop you, I'm going to go back to the village. Bye Lee.” She started walking.

“You can join me if you want Sora.” Lee told her.

Sora's heart sped up. She turned her head. “You want me to train with you?”

Lee smiled, teeth sparkling. “Of coarse, we will help each other get stronger.”

Sora smirked. He acts so silly, but....it suits him. “Okay Lee, I'll train with you.”