Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ The Color of Evil ❯ Welcome Kagami! ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Ch. 2-Welcome Kagami!!!
I opened my eyes to a still forest. The early morning with little light turned the trees into a pale gray blue. I stretched my arms up as my ferret Engo scrambled up me to drape around my neck.
“Good morning Engo,” I said standing up trying to lift my face into a smile but thinking I failed entirely.
“Kohona's not far now,” said Engo whispering into my ear.
“I know,” I responded very quietly.
I looked to the dark morning sky and consciously knew the new metal chip burned under my skin. Although I knew the pain was there it didn't reach me.
“I can't believe I'm doing this,” I whispered.
“Don't worry Kagami,” said Engo, “It'll all work out.”
I raised my right hand to lie on the bandages on my left arm, where the band was wrapped around. The band would shock my heart into nothing if I failed. Then my eyes darted to the bandages around my left thigh. That was where the chip was, the one that would explode to hide the information to all the plans. His plans…
 
I sprinted off into the morning dawn knowing Kohona lay not that far in front of me.
“Just earn their trust,” he said, “Then I'll tell you what to do from there.”
“This is for you sensei,” I thought.
I ran over in my head how many things could go wrong on this mission. I shook the thoughts from my head and stopped at a small stream. I looked at my reflection and nodded. I looked exactly like a traveler, good.
A loud explosion split the area of calmness for me and I darted into the forest following the sounds of metal on metal, people hitting the ground and even a scream.
The scene opened to a squad of Kohona ninja battling a squad from the hidden sound.
“Well, he said make them trust, make it convincing,” I thought.
I thought the fight over a few times in my head then tightened my hold on my backpack and walked out slowly into the field. I walked right through a Kohona raven haired boy punching a sound red headed boy. He was no one I knew even though I had been in the Hidden Sound for the past few years.
“Lady watch out!!!” yelled a weird ninja dressed in orange.
I turned my head and raised my hand to catch a charging man's fist. The man gulped as he stared back into my gleaming green eyes. I slammed him backwards hearing his spine snap against the rough bark of a tree that was slowly coming to life with the rising sun, a scar of orange and red passed across it. After a long moment of silence the one girl of the sound squad charged, her black hair not moving as she sprinted towards me. I didn't need to move because Engo jumped from my shoulders and dug his claws into the girl's face. After some struggle he grew his claws knowing where to cut the spinal cord. The last boy was quickly knocked out by the raven haired Kohona ninja.
“Wow that was amazing,” yelled the orange ninja walking to me.
The raven haired kid and a pink haired kunochi followed him.
“Thank you, I didn't think we would ever get out of that.” said the girl with pink hair.
“No problem,” I said allowing my brain to shift to actually live what I was playing.
“I'm just a traveler,” I thought almost convincing myself.
“I'm Naruto Uzumaki and I'm gonna be the next hokage! Believe it!” yelled the orange one, “This is Sasuke Uchiha and Sakura Haruno.”
He pointed at the two ninja standing behind him.
“I'm Kagami Tsume,” I said making my voice light and smiling a small smile, at least I thought I was. All the muscle memories I knew by heart and yet facial expressions were still difficult.
“Were you heading to Kohona?” Sasuke asked eyeing my backpack.
“Yes, I was”
“Well come on, I'll show you the best places in town,” yelled Naruto grabbing my hand and pulling me to the gates of Kohona.
 
The chip only consciously burned under my skin, I knew it was burning my brain told me that because I had been told that by him that it would burn but I still didn't feel it, all I felt was the numbness and nothingness of my empty shell of a body. I thought that maybe I should just use this boy and end the mission as quick as possible.
 
“No,” I thought, “You have to ensure the person you use would be the last one suspected. Find the most innocent one in Kohona and ensure the scroll of forbidden techniques from the sand village is placed in their possession.”
 
I gulped at the thought of that snake driving the chip under my skin, how much it would've hurt if it wasn't for my gift, although it was my own prison, a curse to me.
 
The mission: Frame an innocent of Kohona for robbery of forbidden techniques from the Hidden Sand and your sensei goes free.
 
“For you sensei, you always cared for me,” I thought retrieving my mind from its own thoughts and looking around as the Kohona squad and I entered the giant gates of the Hidden Leaf Village.
 
“Come on you have to taste the best ramen ever!” yelled Naruto beginning to drag me down one road.
 
“Naruto, don't you think she should find someplace to stay first?” Sakura yelled after him.
 
“As soon as she tastes: THE BEST RAMEN EVER!!!” Naruto yelled back continuing to drag me down the road.
 
I laughed at Naruto's hyper personality. Engo, who had been sleeping since his attack on that girl, shifted in his sleep a few times before opening his eyes. Naruto noticed him for the first time and asked about him still dragging me along.
 
“This is my ferret, Engo,” I said speeding up a bit so I wouldn't be dragged along any longer.
 
Naruto looked ahead and shouted out.
 
“Hey, its busy brows and pepper head!” he shouted speeding up and dragging me once again.
 
A boy and girl were standing by the side of the road talking, but when Naruto shouted the girl turned, a look of pure rage on her face.
 
If looks could kill…