Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ The Color of Evil ❯ Consorting with Demons ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Ch.5 Consorting with Demons
 
Lee and I got into a big blow out fight right in the middle of the street. I was shouting at him about inviting Kagami-san to stay with us, when he knows perfectly well that we don't have space for a guest. If Kagami-san stays with us that will mean I have to give up my room so she can have a place to sleep. I was shouting about how he treated me like a slave, he made me go where he wanted and do the chores for him and never offered to help. That made him go red, then continuing on my rant, I went on to change course and thank him for dragging me out of bed in the morning for training since I wasn't a ninja and didn't have a team to train with. I was angry as I went on and on about how pissed I was that I couldn't join the academy. Then I stormed off when I ran out of stuff to say and realized that Kagami-san had walked out. I left the village and went deep into the surrounding forest to let out my anger without having to deal with people. Sitting down under a tree I started thinking about my past trying to figure out the reason why they wouldn't let me join the academy. It was the first day of school and everyone was heading off with family Lee and I were practically going insane with excitement. When we got to the academy the people in charge asked for our names, so we told them, then one of them checked their list and looked down at me. I smiled up at him about to explode if he didn't let me in soon, he turned, whispered to his partner, and they turned back to me. They stared for a long time not saying anything, then the man with the list frowned at me and said, “I'm sorry, Miss, but you are not permitted to join the academy.” I stood there stunned then burst out, “Why, did I do something wrong?!” He continued to stare, not saying a word. My face turned red and I felt like I was about to kill somebody, and as if on cue the man just waved my brother through and dismissed me. He started directing other parents with their children through. Lee turned to me and promised that he'd teach me everything he learned if he couldn't get me into the academy. That didn't make me feel much better; I tried to push through, but the guards, or whatever they were, grabbed me. I started kicking and screaming and Lee turned and silently begged me not to make a scene. After punching the list holder in the jaw I settled down and let them escort me off the premises.
Suddenly I heard someone calling to me and I snapped out of my memories, looking around I saw a guy in purple with glasses walking over to me. “Excuse me, do you, by any chance, know someone by the name of Kagami?” he asked, winded as if he'd been running. I stared at him for a second and then asked who he was and why did he want to know. He said his name was Kabuto and that he knew Kagami-san through their travels. He had an important message for her but for reasons he could not say he was not allowed into Kohona. He asked me if I happened to run into her to please tell her to meet him at the designated place, and to tell her to come immediately. I agreed with a little bit of suspicion, and then he thanked me and left. I got up and headed back to Kohona. I decided to see if anyone knew anything about this guy before I told Kagami-san, he didn't seem trustworthy. The rest of the day I tried to find out about him but failed in gaining any knowledge. So I went home tired and annoyed, and decided to talk to Kagami-san about it tomorrow. The next day I woke up late, surprisingly Lee didn't wake me up, and it wasn't until 8:00 A.M., when I finally dragged myself out of bed. Grabbing a little breakfast I headed out to find Kagami-san. It didn't take long, she was training with Lee, and walking over to them I asked if I could talk with Kagami-san in private. Lee wondered off to another section of the field and I drilled Kagami-san about Kabuto. She told me the same story he did, and asked for the message. I gave her the message but then I asked, “Would it be alright if I came with you? I mean not up to the meeting place but within shouting range, you know in case something happens? I don't plan on eaves dropping but I don't trust Kabuto, he seems kind of shifty to me. And I would feel responsible if anything happened to you. After all since I'm the one who gave you the message and you don't want anyone else to know about the meeting. Besides I have my sickles with me so I'm prepared for a fight if the need be.”
“Well, I guess it would be okay; but you have to stop where I tell you and you can't follow me, promise?”
“I promise, no eaves dropping. I'm only going to be there to make sure nothing happens.” And with that Kagami-san and I headed out of Kohona to meet Kabuto.