Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ The Curative Career of Kaori the Ninja Nurse ❯ Endnotes ( Chapter 37 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Endnotes:
 
Canon Kakashi has two sides. Most fans only see his façade - lazy, sarcastic, cool, aloof, joking. But being a complete obsessive Kakashi-fangirl, I have made an intense study of all scenes with Kakashi in both the anime and manga, read deeply into the Kakashi Gaiden and databooks, etc. The original Kakashi, before Obito died, was prideful, arrogant, serious, industrious, much like Sasuke. The current Kakashi integrates all this personalities facets, but shows only the side he wants to show when he wants to. He is not an angsty character, but he is full of deep regret about his past and Obito. (See my “Case Study of Hatake Kakashi” for a full psych analysis.)
 
Most Kakashi romance stories have him getting drunk and declaring his feelings. Kakashi will NEVER get drunk in public. Privately, maybe, but never in public; he is a very private, secretive person. Also, in fanfics, Kakashi is either living as a monk or humping every male or female he comes across. My take is somewhere in between. But he will not fall in love at first sight. His first inclination, if a girl seriously likes him or if he likes a girl, is to push her away. This is based on his history of not forming relationships and his private nature.
 
This story I think is my most realistic one in the way Kakashi can grow to like someone. The story is about looking for perfection and realizing it doesn't exist. Kaori's character has to be developed first before she is thrust into Kakashi's limelight. She is the (relatively) sane character surrounded by Konoha's crazies (Gai, Lee, Kakashi, and Raidou) all who have issues of their own. Only after dealing with Gai and Raidou can she accept Kakashi's imperfections. Only when Kakashi sees her with someone else does he realize he has feelings for her.
 
Kakashi is a reactive character. His humor is based on the crazy characters around him like Gai and Naruto. He is a passive character, the straight man. His character is developed in the story through the Kaori's eyes until the later chapters which focus more on his thoughts and actions.
 
There should be few typos and grammar errors, but when I upload stories, sometime spaces disappear and words run together.
 
The ninja nurse is the third of my OCxKakashi stories, each one develops a different way Kakashi relates to a woman. (Actually, Kaori is not really an OC since her design was by Kishimoto. I just gave her a personality based on his design). In this story, the girl likes him, but his feelings become mutual only after a long period of denial. In my kunoichi story, Kakashi is the one in love and it's the girl who has reservations. In the ramen girl story, the girl likes him but he doesn't feel the same and finds an unconventional way to get rid of her.
 
Happy reading!