Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ The Dolphin and The Cherry Blossom ❯ I Can't Forget ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Another one. Please review!
 
Title: I Can't Forget
 
Author: Anna T.
 
Rating: PG
 
Pairing: IruSaku
 
Warning: Angsty Iruka, symbolism
 
 
Words: 218
 
There is a mirror in the room and sometimes, late at night and early in the morning, Iruka stares at its flat surface. Fingers reach out and touch glass, so real that you can delude yourself that it might pull you in.

Iruka has read that book. Alice in the Looking-Glass.

But Iruka does not want to disappear into another false world, where reality cannot be seen and dreams become nightmares and everything morphs into unnatural colors...everything bleeds blood as black as ink in those places.
And blood here? Varying shades of red--like wine, like crayons, like paint. And dreams here? They are painful, epic and unfinished--they have no end, no chosen path, no strings above to pull your arms and legs like a marionette.

And reality? It cuts into you--like icy wind, like a knife, like paper sliding over the top of your finger.

Iruka is bleeding but no one can see it.

And only one person can stop it, but she is so far hidden in the corners and doorways and cracks that Iruka cannot find her.

Iruka cannot find the right reality to fall into, the right dream to wake up to...he just bleeds unseen buckets of life until who he longs for comes along.

Iruka puts the mirror in the closet.