Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ The Flower Maidens ❯ ch3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Flower Maidens
 
 
 
 
Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto. But I do own the village and oc's introduced in this story.
 
 
Chapter three: A Desert Flower
 
 
 
 
Chouji walked down the hall to his room pondering over what had just happened.
'Does she really like me? Well she's not in it for my body that's for sure... but... why did she freak out like that? She mumbled something then ran off...' He stopped in the common chamber and staired at her door. 'I had better go talk to her...' Chouji walked over to the door and was about to open it when it swung open. Before he knew what had happened a tall man shoved him to the ground.
"Out of my way!" The man glared down at Chouji who felt a shiver run down his spine. "And if you're to bother HoneySuckle, don't bother she doesn't want to see anyone. Leave!" The man stormed off and disappered down the entrance hall. Chouji watched until he was sure he was gone.
"H-his eyes... something about him isn't right... so cold and crule." Chouji stood up but as he turned to leave he noticed something on the ground. He squated down and looked at four small spots on the floor. "...Blood?" Chouji's own blood ran cold, he jerked the door open and ran into HoneySuckle's chambers. "HoneySuckle?" He yelled as he ran through the room he saw another door he went to it and opened it. He couldn't hear anything as he walked into the room. He looked around the bedroom, then he saw her lying next to her bed. "HoneySuckle!" He ran to her and knelt by her side, she wasn't moving. He felt tears sting his eyes as he carefully pushed her hair out of her face, she was bleeding from the mouth and a bruise was forming around her left eye. Her right arm was twisted in an abnormal way and was clearly broken other that that she seemed alright. He took her in his arms and carried her out of the rooms. He made his way to the common chamber and then yelled. "Someone help! Please!" Seconds later Lilly-Bell's door flung open and she ran out with Lee right behind her. The others came from down the hall, all except for Thistle and Gaara who were no where to be seen.
"Oh my God!" Lilly-Bell screamed, Lee helped Chouji get HoneySuckle to a couch then ran to get the nurse. "What happened to her? If you hurt her I will kill you! Mark my words!"
"I didn't touch her!" Chouji yelled back. "But there was a man that came out of her room before I found her. He had the most frightening eyes..." Chouji looked down to the young beaten maiden. How he prayed to any God willing to listen that she would live.
"Frightening... eyes... It must have been Thorn..." Lilly-Bell said adjusting the pillow under HoneySuckle's head. Chouji took his scarf and dipped it in a pan of cool water that Sakura had brought in. He wiped the dried blood from her lips and brow, then placed it over her throat to keep her from throwing up. Lee came back with the nurse and she began to look over the young girl. Lilly-Bell took Lee off to the side and explained what they had determined while he was gone.
"She's gonna' have a black eye, broken arm and her lip will swell a little but she's going to be okay." The nurse said as she wrapped the now awake and crying HoneySuckle's arm in a cast. "Is there anything you can tell me? And do you hurt anywhere else?"
................................................................. ........................................................................... ...
 
 
*A small clearing in the nearby forest*
 
 
Thistle lay on her stomach at the side of a small crystal cleare pond watching the reflection of the moon in the water and trying to ignore her own. She thought quietly to herself about the past few days and soon her mind began to wander. Minutes passed and she still had not noticed Gaara watching her from the trees.
'Why do I take such intrest in her? She is only something more to waste my time...' Gaara thought to himself. He jumped to the ground without making a single noise and crept up behind her. He was a mear six feet from her when she spoke.
"Hello Gaara." He stopped dead in his tracks, wide eyed as she looked over her shoulder at him. She saw the expression on his face and giggled.
"How did you know I was here?" Gaara said, his eyes narrowing.
"I could smell you..." Gaara was taken aback by her statment. "No, I didn't mean you stink or anything. It's just this area smells like waterlilies and you smell like desert flowers."
'Desert...flowers...maybe sand...but flowers?' Gaara stood with a blank expression and walked closer to Thistle. She was strange, she wasn't afraid of him. Why?
"Wanna' sit down?" She asked him patting the ground next to her. Suprisingly he did so. They sat for a few minutes when she started talking.
"You're really quiet aren't you?" He turned his eyes to her. "Hey, it's no problem. I don't really like to talk much, but you hardly speak at all." He glared at her and she only smiled which almost scared him.
"Why? Why do you not fear me?" Gaara said looking at her. "How can you think you can trust me?" Her smile faded and she sat up and looked him in the eyes.
"Because... when I look in your eyes... I can tell you're not evil. You're mistreated, and hated for being different aren't you? When I look into your eyes... I see the same sadness and pain that fills my own heart." Gaara was in shock, he couldn't move... or was it just that he wouldn't. She moved closer to him but still he didn't move. 'What is she doing? She doesn't understand me...does she?'
"Gaara..." Thistle spoke softly and then leaned into him and rest her head to his chest and gently took hold of the waist of his shirt. "you really are lonely... aren't you? I can tell that you try to hide it but you can't fool me..." She felt a dull pressure on her ankle, then it moved upward. She looked down, she was being covered in sand. 'Is he going to kill me? I wouldn't blame him.' He stepped back and she looked him in the eyes once again. The sand was at her waist. "Do you really think it will help?" Her face was placid as the sand covered her chest and neck.
'Why isn't she afraid?! She should be begging for her life, not asking questions as if we were just sitting around chatting.' He tightened his grip and she winced in pain but still had no fear... The sand left her body and she was lowered to the ground by it. She did not look at him but instead looked at the pond. She stood up and untied the sash around the dress she was wearing and dropped it to the ground. 'What is she doing now?' Gaara thought as he staired at her. She was undressing, soon she stood in nothing but her underwear. She took off her shoes and stepped into the pond. She waded out waistdeep then looked back to Gaara.
"Do you swim? Or would you turn to mush?" She smirked at her own smart remark.
Gaara did not speak but thought to himself. He accutally had never swam in his life. He went against his better judgement and removed the goard from his back and slowly removed his shirt. He sat down and took off his shoes then stood and entered the water. Thistle smiled and went out until her shoulders were almost underwater. Gaara went out waist deep but refused to go any further.
"What's wrong?" She asked him."Gaara? Wait... you can't swim, can you? Well, I suppose with you being from the Hidden Sand Village you wouldn't know how would you? I can teach you." She swam up to him and floated on her back looking up at him."Would you like to learn?" Gaara felt stupid but he nodded in agreement.
................................................................. ........................................................................... ...
 
 
I hope you like it so far. This is only my second fanfiction. my first wasn't very good but I like this one. Please R&R.