Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ The Ice Kunoichi ❯ A Cure, And Secrets Revealed ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter Five: Wolves?
 
Recap of last chappie:
“We need to get her back to the house.” She raised her hands to her mouth and let out a loud roar.
“Whatwas that?” Sasuke asked her. Kisame smirked
“You'll see…”
 
This Chapter:
Very soon, Kiba stood up, rigid. Akamaru stood beside him, growling.
“Don't you dare let that dog near them, Inuzuka. I know what your clan's dogs can do, and if you hurt our wolves, Sakura will kill you.” Kisame growled, getting out of her kneeled position near Sakura as a pack of white wolves entered the clearing. She barked and growled, apparently talking to them. The largest immediately walked to Sakura and grabbed her throat in his large jaws. Sasuke and Naruto took a step forward, but Kisame put an arm in their way. She either didn't see the glares they sent her way, or she ignored them. The wolf dragged her over to the others, and they stood around her, blocking her out of sight. Then, one turned around, apparently the Alpha-Female, and started whining. Kisame's face creased in worry. Her reply was short and blunt, and she slid her ANBU mask back on.
“We're going to the house. It was a poison senbon. She's comatose.” Kisame immediately gathered chakra in her feet to propel herself even faster forward, following the wolf that had her sister on its back.
 
Sasuke and Naruto stood in a corner of the large parlor, while Ten-Ten, Lee, Neji, Kiba, Hinata, Ino, Shikamaru, and Kakashi sat in/on assorted chairs and couches. Gaara, Temari, and Kankurou all stood together near one of the large windows. All talking ceased as Kisame entered the room.
She was now in a pale blue silk gown that had strings criss-crossing across the back of it that she was not at all cold in. The strings across the back also made up the straps of the dress, leaving her arms bare. (This is what she wears whenever she is in the house or on her property unless she is sparring or having a party.) She simply smiled, and sat on a window seat, staring at the large, snow-covered acres of land that her family owned.
“Is she okay?” Naruto was the first to speak. Kisame sighed.
“I don't know, Uzumaki. I just don't. She hasn't woken, and I doubt that she will for some time. This was a special kind of poison. It locks you in your own mind, makes you face your worst fears. For Sakura, that means one thing: she has to face the past.
“It was something she always wanted to escape from. You see, I was the first born twin. So, naturally, our parents thought that I would be the one who had gotten the bloodline limit, if either of us did. So, virtually, they pretended that Sakura did not exist. But then, Sakura started at the academy here. And she went to Genin at four. I didn't go to Genin until I was eight. She trained, and six months later, by the time she was five, she was Chuunin. It took me until I was 12. Then, she trained, and did her best, our parents looking out for her because she had proved herself. Four months later, she was six, and had been promoted to Jounin. She was then immediately sent out on an undercover mission to Konoha. She was supposed to find out if the rumors of a war between our countries were true. This was an extended mission, and she has taken her time, thirteen years of it, in fact, to complete it dutifully. When she returned, she headed to the Yukikage's tower first, and was immediately promoted to ANBU admiral, as well as an ANBU medic. She came home to share the good news, and…our parents had been slaughtered. Like animals, left to marinate in their own fluids. She hasn't been the same since. I walked in just after the hunter-nin had left with the bodies, and she was cleaning up the house. She refuses to enter the smaller dining room now. They were celebrating their anniversary in there, and that was where she found them.” Kisame smiled sadly, as new looks of awe, sadness, respect, and shock entered the eyes of the ninja.
“Lady Kisame,” A servant woman entered the room. Kisame looked up. “I'm afraid that the only solution that her students have found in the books is very unsafe. However, I don't know everything. You will need to speak to the stu-” Kisame was already up and sweeping past her. “-dents.” She finished. The others immediately headed out, following Kisame's chakra.
 
The library had two stories, and you could see all the books in the round room. Kisame and three Genin, two girls and one boy, sat looking at a book. Kisame only looked up briefly as they entered, her muscles tensing. They relaxed as one of the girls, a black-haired girl with grey eyes, said “I found it! See, look!” She pointed to the page.
The poison known to the ninja world as “The Mental Killing Poison” has many effects. The ones who are hit by this poison usually get it into the bloodstream through a senbon or kunai.
It causes the victim to go into a comatose-like state, where they are fighting their worst fears. For most who have overcome the poison, they say that their fears came to them in the form of the person they would hate to kill most. But, to overcome the poison, they must. It is a monster, and if the person fails to save themselves, they will be killed, and it will look as if they had a cardiac arrest, and the COD will be listed as such, because those are the symptoms.
However, we have come up with a jutsu that will allow one and only ONE person inside the mind of the affected to help them face the fears that they have. The worst fear could have been haunting them for some time, resulting in their immediate death when they face it. But this is only for the weak-minded.
 
Signs: Horse, Tiger, Rat, Horse, Cat, Dragon, Dog, Cat, Rooster, Horse, Rooster, Rat, Tiger
 
 
Kisame headed towards Sakura's room, which meant that she had to pass the Konoha Nin. However, Sasuke's hand reached out and grabbed her arm. Her head snapped toward him, and her glare sent Naruto into a corner, whimpering.
“You know, having two of you in there would probably confuse her.” He stated. Kisame stared, obviously confused. Sasuke sighed. “The book said that her fear would come in the form of the person she would least like to kill. You are her sister. Ringing any bells?” Kisame nodded.
“What, or rather who, do you suggest, Uchiha-san?” she questioned. Sasuke turned to his group.
“Which of you knows her best?” He asked. Temari stepped forward. Sasuke raised his eyebrow.
“I knew where she was the entire time. But I promised not to tell. She didn't want anyone to know about the mission. She said that she'd come back and explain when she was more comfortable with being around her family and friends again. Of course, her family, except her sister is now dead, and her friends…that would be us, I suppose. So, yeah, that would be me…” Sasuke nodded, and released Kisame's arm.
“Take her to Sakura.” Was all he said as he walked over to his fiancée's side. Kisame merely nodded and smiled at Temari as they walked down the hall towards their friend and sister.