Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ The Love Potion: Different View ❯ No way! ( Prologue )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

The Love Potion: Chapter I
Sasuke was training. That was nothing unusual; training was what Sasuke did in his spare time. But today Sasuke was restless, and was taking out his frustrations by smashing his fist into the trunks of defenseless trees. `This is really boring… maybe if I had someone to fight with.' The raven thought distractedly as he watched as startled birds flew out of the assaulted tree.
”Oi, Sasuke! What kind of training is that?” came a disturbingly cheerful voice. Naruto was smiling widely, amused at the sight of his usually stoic teammate, in the forest, trying to level trees with his bare hands. ”Wanna fight?” a still grinning Naruto shouted to the raven-haired boy.
Dark eyebrows furrowed as an irritated “Hn,” escaped from Sasuke's lips. `How long had Naruto been standing there?' “Think you can take me, dobe?” Finally something interesting!
“I'll put up more of a fight than that tree,” Naruto answered with a malicious smirk. Naruto had decided, he would win, no matter what! Springing forward with a sudden attack Naruto hoped to surprise his rival. But Sasuke was expecting it and easily knocked him back to the grassy ground, with a quick punch.
The dobe was nothing if not predictable… `Too easy,' Sasuke thought as he vanished.
”Oi, teme… Where'd you go!”
Crouching on the limb of a nearby tree Sasuke snickered at Naruto's indignant shouting. `Hello… Ninja! Did the dobe honestly think he was just going to stand there?' And with the idiot looking in the totally wrong direction, this was his chance.
`Gotcha!' Naruto thought as he watched the bushes moving suspiciously. `Ha! I'm not that easy to fool!'
”Oh… uh… Hi Hinata!” Naruto uttered in surprise, as the dark haired girl emerged from the underbrush. `What the hell? Why was Hinata here? And more importantly, where was Sasuke?'
”H-hi N-Naruto...” stuttered Hinata shyly.
`Oh man, not now… I'm supposed to be fighting Sasuke.' Naruto frowned. `Is this a trick?' Confused, Naruto stared somewhat warily at Hinata. ”It's nice to see you and all, but… I'm kinda in middle of something right now.” Naruto hoped that this was a trick and that Sasuke would appear. This was a bit weird… even for Hinata.
”Um… A-Ano… w-would you like a drink?” Hinata offered, nervously holding out a small pink bottle to Naruto. `I hope this works. Then maybe, Naruto will be mine.' She watched Naruto with a small hopeful smile as he stared at the odd bottle.
`Oh.. What the heck!' Naruto thought forgetting his suspicions, `I might as well drink it. I am thirsty.'
“Hmm… This is pretty good.” He said, smiling at the shy girl, right before he chugged the whole bottle.
Meanwhile a bewildered Sasuke watched the scene from his perch in the tree. `What the hell is going on? Where did Hinata come from? Does Naruto even remember that they were supposed to be fighting?'
`Yatta! He drank it all! This is my chance to make Naruto love me! I really hope this potion that Ino gave me works, I mean, she said it wouldn't hurt him or anything. She said I have one hour, and that anything could happen. I can finally ask Naruto out and he'll say yes for sure,' Hinata blushed. `Now I just have to be the first person that he sees.'
Cautiously, Sasuke poked Naruto in the back. `Why is he staring off into space like that?' ”Dobe, you ok? We're supposed to fight, remember?” Naruto turned slowly, seeming to notice him at last.
`Hmm. Fight Sasuke…?' Why was that thought so unappealing all of a sudden? And why had he never noticed how beautiful the other teen was before? Naruto could never harm such a beautiful creature, could he? At the moment he wanted nothing more than to hold the raven's hand. `Wait... shouldn't that be…well...strange?' Looking up into the fathomless depths of those dark eyes, Naruto decided, No, it was perfectly natural. `Right...'
Suppressing the urge to jump in surprise, Sasuke stared in wide-eyed alarm, at the warm tanned hand that had just firmly clasped his own. Shifting his gaze upward he had to suppress the urge to jump again. Why was Naruto looking at him like that? And why the hell was Naruto BLUSHING!
Hinata was staring at the two boys in horrorified bewilderment. `This is bad! This is NOT how this was supposed to go!' Where had Sasuke come from, she had been so close. Looking back and forth between the two boys, one utterly shocked the other blushing, Hinata decided to beat a hasty retreat. `Yes,' she thought frantically, she would go and pray this was just a bad dream. `This isn't happening!' Hinata ran away as fast as she could.
Recovering some thought processes at the girl's sudden movement, Sasuke wondered `Where is Hinata going in such a rush?' The last Uchiha, genius rookie of his year, was completely confused. 'Why were BOTH Hinata and Naruto acting so strangely? And why wouldn't Naruto let go of his hand? What the hell is he up to now?'
Realising that he had just been standing there with his hand in Naruto's, Sasuke jerked himself free of the blond's grip.
”Ano, Sasuke… why won't you hold my hand? Don't... don't you like...me?” Naruto nearly sobbed. Why was Sasuke so cold to him? He hadn't done anything wrong! So why was the raven walking away?
”Uh… we should fight?” Sasuke was at a loss, why the hell was Naruto acting like a-a fangirl. The normally vibrant blond had begun sobbing rather loudly. Sasuke was convinced that the world had gone mad, and quickly tried to cover his mistake... or fix whatever had made the dobe cry, ”Eh, I- I do, I do like you, just stop cr…” the raven was cut off by a chest-full of very happy Naruto.
The blond was gleefully squeezing his arms around the rather stunned looking boy. ”I wanted to ask you...uh… w-would you g-go out with me…?” Naruto actually bubbled, blushing even more.
`Is Naruto on drugs?' Try as he might the raven could come up with no other reasonable explanation for Naruto's behaviour. The last five minutes were just too surreal. It was then that Sasuke remembered Hinata giving Naruto that strange drink. `But why was Hinata trying to drug Naruto?' He had thought that Hinata liked Naruto. Was she jealous? Sasuke couldn't remember Naruto having a girlfriend, but hey what did he know about other people's personal lives? Plus women were ALWAYS strange...
Meanwhile a very red faced Naruto felt like he was in heaven. The warmth of Sasuke's firm body pressed tightly against his own was the ultimate distraction. The blond was convinced that he could stand like this forever.
”Naruto… maybe we should go to hospital?” Sasuke suggested in a small voice.
Naruto stared at Sasuke dreamily not registering the other boy's distress. Yes, he'd go wherever Sasuke wanted to take him! It was a little strange to go on a date to the hospital, but hey, the venue wasn't the point! ”As long as you hold my hand.” Naruto replied with a smile, and buried his face in Sasuke's neck.
”Okay, let's go then…” feeling better now that there a was a decided course of action, Sasuke started walking briskly towards Konoha only stopping when he noticed that Naruto wasn't following. Heaving a sigh the raven turned back. Naruto was standing staring at his toes dispiritedly and twiddling his thumbs. Sasuke felt like he had just kicked a puppy. Grumbling quietly to himself the raven walked the short distance back to the blond and grabbed his hand. Finally they were going.
About three quarters of an hour later they were still walking when the blond began to whine ”Saasukeee… I'm tired. Can we rest for a bit?” Naruto had been lagging behind for a while now, convinced that this was just the perfect place to stop.
Sasuke frowned. `What the hell?!' They had walked less than half a mile, slowly, as the dobe had been dragging his feet, and he already needed to rest? Since when was Naruto this weak? But then again maybe the drugs were wearing him out… Nodding rather disapprovingly Sasuke sat on a rock.
Naruto took a seat on the grass, and turned his disappointed gaze to the raven. Hell, this isn't the way it was supposed to be! Sasuke should be sitting next to him and holding his hand… and… maybe they could k-k-ki-
”Sasuke, come sit here, next to me… please.” Naruto smiled shyly and was delighted to see his wish being granted. Now the raven was seated next to him, but instead of paying attention to the blond like he should, Sasuke was looking around at their surroundings awkwardly. Naruto shyly moved his shaking hand to rest on top of Sasuke's. Sasuke looked up at him in concern written plainly in his features. `Aww... he was worrying about me. How sweet!' Wanting nothing more than to banish Sasuke's worries, the blond smiled sweetly and leaned forward pressing his lips against the raven's.
Sasuke's heart was trying to hammer its way out of his chest. He didn't know how it had happened or what he should do now… totally disoriented, he couldn't move if he had tried, the raven felt as though he was glued to the spot.
But an hour had passed.
Blinking Naruto fought through the haze of disbelief that threatened to swallow him whole. `What? The hell? WHY were he and Sasuke kissing!' Suddenly frantic, Naruto threw himself away from Sasuke. What on earth! ”What-Why-!” Naruto began to stammer accusingly.
”Uh… You kissed me… but I think you were on drugs… I think…” Sasuke was as confused as Naruto, more so, if that was possible.
Naruto scowled. `Drugs? Me? No way! I never… wait - Hinata!'
As the two boys stared at each other in horrified silence a single thought ran through both their minds. They were going to kill Hinata!