Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ The New Defense Against the Dark Arts Teacher at Hogwarts is.... Hinata Hyuuga!? ❯ Taijutsu, Ninjutsu, Kinjutsu, and Genjutsu Written on the Board ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Harry Potter or Naruto.
 
Author's note (IMPORTANT): If you didn't, go back and read number three.
 
Author's note (SLIGHTLY LESS IMPORTANT): Because of school and stuff my writing style will probably change ever chapter, so if it seems different, blame school. Also, did you know that in almost every language “mal” means bad? Malfoy. Hmmm…
 
The Defense Against the Arts Teacher at Hogwarts is…. HINATA HYUUGA!?
Chapter 4: Taijutsu, Ninjutsu, Kinjutsu, and Genjutsu Written on the Board
 
It is said that one strong wave of the sea can destroy a boat, just like one strong play on words can destroy a person from the inside out. And as the seas rough water played with the shore and the boats that were tied to the docks supporting poles dug deeply into the sandy earth, a person not so far away was sleeping contently, and enjoying her inner peace.
 
Hinata Hyuuga woke with a start. She ran a delicate hand roughly through her hair as she looked out the open window by her side and sighed. Standing up without a single sound she walked over to the window, sighing in contentment when the salty air brushed into her nose. She placed a small hand on the window ledge, steadying herself, still not quite recovered from sleeping. And her expression softened into a smile and her silver eyes went warm. She took in a breath deeply, calming herself, and trying not to remember what she had just dreamt of, but her mind wouldn't leave her alone. Her dream danced in her head as she looked over at the calm waters of the lake in front of Hogwarts.
 
Hinata's room was in a high tower of the main part of the castle. Just down one flight of steps and through a hall brought her to Dumbledore's office, while going in the other direction brought her to the Great Hall. Her classroom was also nearby. Just down the stairs and through two short hallways, so she knew she could stand there in her own world until the last moment before when she had to work. She had been working all her life, to become stronger, to become respectable, to be the person she wanted to be. Yet here she was, looking out the window of a tower while the full moon over head touched her face gracefully, while she just wanted to be with people she knew.
 
~*~
 
Hurtling down a long flight of curling stairs Hinata Hyuuga flew. She was going to be late. Even where she was, half way down the stairs, she could hear the sound of students hurried footsteps, trying to get to their classes. Everything went silent, and she gasped slightly as a loud gong rung, signaling class to start. Half a flight of stairs and two hallways later she walked into her room with a quick pace. The children in their seats quieted themselves when she turned to them, panting from being rushed.
 
“S-Sorry I'm late. I-I over s-slept.”
 
She turned quickly to the board with the symbols on it and pushed it over to the side, revealing another, cleaner board. On it she wrote some simple spells they all knew and reviewed them quickly. With about half the time left in class she flipped that board over to reveal another blank side. She sighed.
 
“This,” she wrote four words on the board, “is what I want you to know this year. It also wouldn't hurt if you knew some. That'll be extra credit.”
 
The class looked up at the extra credit quickly, and read the four words silently: taijutsu, ninjutsu, kinjutsu, genjutsu.
 
She smiled slightly. “You may do as you wish for the rest of the time.” She quietly patted herself on the back for not stuttering and began on the mess of paper work that had piled on her desk the night before, due to a very stingy Draco Malfoy and his disastrous detention.