Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ The New Defense Against the Dark Arts Teacher at Hogwarts is.... Hinata Hyuuga!? ❯ Not a One? ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 5: Not a One?
Hinata sighed, slumping over her desk. What was she supposed to do now? She'd already done her massive pile of work for the morning and didn't feel well enough to eat. Her stomach churned uncomfortably, showing its dislike in the fact it was empty. She looked at the open window again, the humid summer air making the room unbearable and hot.
Running a hand through her hair, she closed her eyes slowly. When would she be contacted from her village? She -was- the Hyuuga heir, after all, so that made her at least somewhat important. Besides, if not by her family, then her friends or team mates or even the hokage checking in to see that everything was OK on her end would have been satisfactory!
But no. It had been a week. A long, stressful week. And she had made such a -fool- out of herself. Not in a `haha look at her' sort of way, but a `what the hell is she talking about' sort of way. Not only did she have no clue what she was teaching—she was a ninja and political leader, after all, not a witch that had actually gone to a wizarding school—but she also was bad at teaching it! Someone else, like Naruto or Iruka or someone, as Hinata often thought, would make a much better teacher than herself. At least they could improvise.
But no, again. Hinata was a bad liar, and would stutter so much that it wasn't even possible to understand what she was saying anymore. Why else would she read on her first day, and not teach whatever life-saving skills she was supposed to teach? The life-saving skills she was supposed to -know-. She sighed, allowing her arm to collapse, still in her hair, and let her head fall to the table. Her stomach gave a loud whine of hatred aimed right at her, her not moving to avoid the hit as it washed over her in pure agony.
She grumbled to herself, lifting her head again to check the window one last time before turning to look toward the door, vision blurring slightly as she stood up too fast, the grays of the walls mixing uncomfortably. She sighed again, staggering to the large door. Upon opening it, she froze at the sight she saw.
It was Hermione, the smart girl that clearly disapproved of her lessons—like they were some kind of demon magic—standing with her hand held by her head in a fist, ready to knock n the door.
“Can I help you?” Hinata asked as politely as she could with her aching stomach and throbbing head, not even relishing in the fact that she didn't stutter once in her statement (1).
Hermione must have noticed it too, the smart girl, and continued on in a way that made Hinata have the urge to use the Jyuken on her (2).
“Yes, actually, you can,” she started. “I was wondering if you could go over the lesson plans for the rest of the year, so I can study them faster, as you appear to be using a different source than the book we were told to get in our summer letters. So if it wouldn't be too much trouble…”
“I'm sorry, are you supposed to be here right now?”
“Yes,” she said proudly, puffing up with intendancy, “actually, it's lunch right now for the whole school. I was going to ask you there but since you weren't sitting up at the Head Table I just supposed you would be working or something, so about those lesson plans…”
“Well, you supposed correctly, -Miss Granger-”—the name left her tongue like it was the plague, but Hermione, the smart girl, didn't get the hint (though if she did get it, she definitely didn't show it). “I'm sorry, but I do not have a…-copy- of the lesson plans just yet. They're still in the process of being -planned-, Miss Granger. I apologize. Is there any particular reason you would like them so badly?”
“Well…you know that Voldemort just came back…” Hermione waited for a moment, observing if Hinata would flinch or not—she didn't—before continuing. “My friend Harry—Harry Potter, that is—has to fight him every year, and potentially…ummm…kill him, because of this prophecy that some old coot—I mean, Seer—made telling the future of, basically, the world, so we have to be, uhh, prepared, you see.”
“I apologize, Miss Granger, but I do not see. Go back to lunch please,” she said at the soonest opportune moment, even cutting off the last few syllables in Hermione's speech, walking down the hallway herself toward the Great Hall, ready to ease her stomach and sooth her head.

It was hot and humid outside of Hogwarts, the end-of-summer air mingling with the pure hazy sensation that having a full stomach gives you. Ron and Harry sat out on the grass in front of Hogwarts, by the lake with the giant squid, doing their potions homework.
“Hey, where'd Hermione go?” Ron asked suddenly. “She was here, like, a second ago.”
Harry looked up, startled, but then suddenly calmed down. “She said she had to talk to some teacher, didn't she?”
“Oh yeah…I hope it's not that Hyuuga one—you know, with the weird eyes.”
“Ron!”
“I know, I know, but seriously. Did you -see- them? And also, she wouldn't look anyone in the eyes, no matter if she was talking to them or not.”
“Yeah, I guess so.”
“Yeah! And her stuttering! It's soooo annoying! I mean, are we supposed to actually know what she's trying to say?”
“Well…”
“Well yeah! And I don't like the git one bit, you know that, but I have to agree with Malfoy that she's definitely a creepy, freak-eyed excuse for a teacher—even worse than Trelawney. I mean, I like her lessons just fine, since we don't have to work so much and she never gives homework, but it's not even in the book, which makes her hard to follow—since the whole speech thing, you know. And another thing--”
“Ron,” Harry stopped him forcefully, “I think she's a fine teacher. I mean, what if what she's teaching us actually helps me defeat Voldemort?”
Ron flinched, but Harry didn't care. It was the truth, somewhat. While he wasn't quite sure about his first statement, his second one was dead on. He -needed- to defeat him, no matter what.

Professor Serverus Snape sat in his dungeon classroom, behind his desk, not really wishing to go to lunch all that much. What he was wishing was to know whether or not this new girl—the white-eyed shy one that annoyed the hell out of him with her unconfident stuttering (thank God he wasn't one of her students!)—worked for the Dark Lord Voldemort. The Lord works in mysterious ways (3), after all. She always wore that coat, so who knew what was on her arm. He would get closer to her (the annoying wench!), he decided, so he could see her arm. Yes, that's exactly what he'd do!

(1) - Hinata would like to inform you that she isn't stuttering because she's so grumpy that she can't really bring herself to care about someone as vile as Hermione, thankyouverymuch.
(2) - Jyuken is the Gentle Fist Style that allows the Hyuuga family to cut off chakra flow to close any or all of the 361 tenketsu (chakra holes), allowing them to shut down their enemy's internal organs and potentially kill them. Sorry, but I personally don't like Hermione that much.
(3) - I'm sorry, I had to.