Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ The Path of a Ninja ❯ Fujiko Reia Hatake-Kakashi ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]


Title: The path of a ninja

Chapter: 1/0?

Chapter title: Fujiko Reia Hatake-Kakashi

Author: Silverwolf

E-mail: Silverwolf_angel@yahoo.com

Webpage: http://www.planetvegeta03.cjb.net

Rated: PG-13

Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto or it's copyrighted characters. They belong to their respected creator, Mahashi Kishimoto. I write fanfics for fun not for money, so please don't sue. If you ask my friends they'll tell you how poor I am in my little yellow house on my cheap $100 computer with my stupid ice cream parlor job. So yeah, no lawsuits please.

A/N: I have been writing fanfics for three years now and most of them are DBZ or Inu Yasha related. This is my first Naruto fic, so enjoy!

Warning: minor A/U

Fujiko Reia Hatake-Kakashi

Things were pretty quiet around Kono village as Kakashi and his three students worked on completing their missions. Neither of them were expecting the surprise that showed up just after lunchtime. Naruto was going about his business when he heard a soft groaning sound. "What the hell?" he murmured, walking over to the tree where the noise was coming from.

A young girl was up against the tree; her hands pinned to it by kunai. Blood was sliding down the side of the tree, dripping onto the ground. "Oh…. KAKASHI-SENSEI!!!!!!!" He shouted, waking the girl. She lifted her head and groaned. "H-help…me…." She bowed her head and passed out again as Kakashi and the others ran over. "Naruto…take those out of her hands, and be careful. She could die from blood loss." Naruto nodded and pulled the kunai out of the young female's palms.

After bandaging her wounds, Kakashi lifted the girl into his arms and carried her to the Hokage's home.

"Sir, I found- well, Naruto found this girl pinned to a tree-"

"Don't speak. I know what happened. This girl is very close to you Kakashi. Remove her mask." The Hokage said softly. Kakashi stared at him then bent down to remove her mask.

"FUJIKO!"

Kakashi's face went white as he stared down at the face of his niece. Naruto and Sasuke stared at her; both slightly interested in where this was going. Sakura on the other hand, turned away. "Figures. Stupid girl."

The girl's eyes opened suddenly and with a yell, Kakashi was pinned underneath her; a kunai resting just under his chin.

"Who are you???" she hissed. Narrowing her pretty brown eyes. Her eyes widened and she rolled off of him. "U-uncle Kakashi?" she cried. Kakashi smirked. "Yes. It's me little one." Fujiko smiled and flung her arms around his neck. "Oh my god where have you been? I haven't seen you since I was five!" Kakashi hugged her back briefly and then pulled away to look at her. "You've grown. How old are you now?" he asked.

"Sixteen." She answered, looking over at the other three. "Uncle…who is the man over there in the corner? The really cute one?" Fujiko pointed at Naruto and Sasuke. Kakashi looked over and tried to figure out which one she was talking about. " You mean Sasuke? What about him?" Fujiko just smiled and walked over, looking very pink. She stopped in front of Naruto and bowed. "I am forever in your debt, Sasuke-kun."

It was then that Kakashi realized his mistake. Naruto's eyes bugged out of his head, but before he could say anything, Sakura got there first. "That idiot isn't Sasuke! That's Sasuke!" she screamed, pointing to the real Sasuke. "Then who is this, adorable, strong man?" Fujiko asked, kneeling in front of Naruto, her eyes fixated on him. "That is Uzumaki Naruto, the idiot." Sasuke answered. Fujiko looked terribly offended and stood up, pulling a kunai from her hip holder.

In a flash she had it pressed against Sasuke's throat, her eyes narrowed to slits. "Take it back, or lose your life." She growled. Kakashi walked over and took the shuriken from his niece and sighed. "Fujiko, don't start things with my students." Fujiko wrenched away. "Your students? You actually passed that slow piece of trash?" Sakura glared. "Sasuke-kun isn't slow!" she shouted. "Quiet! Fujiko, where are your parents?" Kakashi asked. Fujiko's eyes widened dramatically.

She began to back away, tripping over Naruto's foot. "Kaa-san, otou-san…" she murmured, hanging her head as she fell against the wall. "Fujiko…did something happen?" Kakashi asked. The girl nodded and began to mumble incoherently. Naruto heard bits and pieces of what she said and cautiously leaned over. "Fujiko?" he whispered. The girl looked up and flung her arms tight around his neck. Kakashi looked a little concerned as he watched his niece sob into Naruto's shoulder.

"What did she say?" he asked. Naruto narrowed his eyes at his teacher and tried to comfort the grieving Fujiko. "They're dead!" Fujiko wailed. "For ten years, I've been on my own!" Kakashi stared. What? His brother and sister-in-law were dead? "How Fujiko? How did they die?" he asked. The overwhelmed teen looked up and shuddered. "I was six years old…I can remember watching as both of my parents were beaten to death by rouges from our village. I can remember everything that happened to me night after night after night. But Uncle, do you really want to hear that your sweet, innocent little niece isn't as innocent as you think?"

Kakashi stared. "I gave up on you. I gave up on the concept of the existence of heroes, because you never came to visit." Fujiko stood up and tore away the forehead protector her father used to wear. She then threw it at Kakashi and turned away. "Fujiko, wha-"

"I was nearly killed by ninjas from your village, Uncle Kakashi, I was RAPED by the rouges! I half expected you to be one of the men who came to save my village, but no. You never showed up because you're always LATE! So I became a ninja, vowing that one-day I'd come back and kill all those who betrayed me. Including you."

Kakashi lowered his gaze. "I had no word of this battle Jii, honestly. If I had, I would have co-" Fujiko held up her hand. "When the battle ended, I was nine years old and already a better warrior than my father was. Do you know how much blood I have spilled with these two hands? More than the Hokage, I'll tell you that. But until tonight, I wanted to kill myself. All of the villagers were afraid of me, so they rounded up their best men to ambush me and pinned me to that tree, leaving me to die."

She paused and looked at her bandaged hands, clenching them into fists. "I will kill them all, I'll kill them and rule over the village. I will get my revenge! But first," She turned towards Kakashi. "I'll kill YOU!" She lunged at him but was stopped as he put his hand up, shaking his head. "Fujiko, do not be angry with me. I had no wind of the battle, therefore, I could not come to your rescue, but I'm here now, and I want you to trust me again because, Fujiko, we're family. Family sticks together tighter than any glue." He pulled her into a hug as she froze in his arms.

Sakura stared. * All of this happened to her? My God… *

Sasuke still had the same blank expression that he always sported, but inside he ached slightly. * This girl has endured so much pain in such a small amount of time. How sad… * Naruto on the other hand, was shaking with rage and wasn't about to keep quiet like the other two. "How dare they harm such a woman!!! I'll kill them all myself!!!" He shouted. Fujiko turned to look at him and gasped.

A strange red aura surrounded his body. "Master Naruto! Please!" she cried. Naruto looked up, the aura fading away. Fujiko's eyes were glazed with tears. "I'm not worth all of the worry and anger, Naruto-sama." She knelt down and the entire room went silent. "Fujiko. I'm going to make up for all of this. Starting tomorrow, you will become one of my students, meaning you will need one of these." Kakashi tossed away the foreign forehead protector and presented her with one from Kono village.

Fujiko gasped. "Uncle Kakashi…it would be an honor to train with a Jounin as strong as you!" She bowed and tied the protector around her head, wiping her eyes. Naruto smiled. "Welcome to the team Fujiko….uh, what's your last name?" he asked. "Kakashi." Kakashi answered. Fujiko looked up at her uncle and smiled. "You're giving me your name?" Kakashi nodded. "I don't see why not, you ARE my child now." Sakura and Sasuke looked a bit skeptical about this idea. "Are you sure about this, Kakashi-sensei?" Sakura asked. "She'll just get in the way sensei" Sasuke grumbled from his corner. Kakashi held his hand up. " I have faith that this girl can advance to mid-ninja with the rest of you, so do not doubt her."

The two silenced themselves and soon, the Hokage offered to let them sleep in the tower. After everyone else had gone to bed, Fujiko walked over to Naruto and kneeled down, running her fingers through his blonde hair. "There's something about you, Naruto-kun, that reminds me of a boy from the forest." She whispered. She lay down next to him and set her head on his chest. All these years she missed being close to someone. Naruto was the first male who wasn't afraid to go near her or talk to her. It made her happy to know she was anted and cared for again. "Good-night, Naruto-kun." She said softly, closing her eyes to sleep.

"But Uncle Kakashi! We didn't DO anything!!!" Fujiko protested as Kakashi stood with his arms crossed. "I don't believe you." He had woken up to find Fujiko tangled up in Naruto's arms. "UNCLE KAKASHI! That's not fair! Naruto wasn't even awake when I fell asleep next to him! How could he know I was there?" She pouted and turned away. "I knew you didn't like me." She mumbled. Kakashi stared. "What does that have to do with anything?" He asked. "You don't like me because I'm a girl and I'm attracted to Naruto!"

Now Kakashi was really confused. He opened his mouth to say something when Fujiko turned on her heels and walked to the kitchen. "What are you doing?" He asked. "Making breakfast…do you want some?" She didn't look at him as she tied her apron. She was still dressed in only a pair of panties and a shirt, but didn't seem to care. "S-sure, um, Fujiko, I want to give you some advice. Don't get too attached to Naruto. He's a wild one and his eyes are set on Sakura." Fujiko froze. "Oh…I-I see…" Her head lowered as she dropped her frying pan.

"Good morning!!!" Naruto's voice sounded cheery as he entered the kitchen and greeted Fujiko and Kakashi. Kakashi answered Naruto, but Fujiko remained silent. "Morning" Sasuke and Sakura were awake as well and Fujiko seemed a bit uneasy. "U-uncle Kakashi…" She looked up at him, large tears forming in the corners of her eyes. Naruto spotted the depressed look on her face and walked over to her. "Morning Miss Fujiko!" He sealed the greeting with a huge pat on the back.

Fujiko blinked. "N-Naruto…" She murmured, red in the face. "What would you like for breakfast?" She was suddenly thrown back into her bouncy self. Kakashi shook his head and sighed as Naruto named off a bunch of food, and paused at the thought of ramen for breakfast. "Ramen? Are you sure?" Fujiko was slightly confused. What sort of person ate lunch for breakfast?

"Yup!" Naruto grinned. "Alright, ramen it is then." She went about preparing food for everyone and settled down a bit when Naruto commented her on her culinary skills. When it was time to head out for training, Fujiko raced to her bag to grab some clothes.

When she returned, even Sasuke had to double take. She was dressed in a tight fitting black catsuit with the sides and the chest all laced up. But it looked about one or two sizes too small as every inch of the material clung to every curve of her body that it could find. "Alright! Let's go!" she smiled and lead the way out of the tower. She paused and turned around when nobody was following her. "What? What's wrong?" She asked. Kakashi was the first one to speak.

"Um, Fujiko, don't you think that outfit is a little distracting for Naruto and Sasuke?" Fujiko rolled her eyes. "NO! But you know, I can't help it if they DO stare. Sakura isn't much to look at ya know?" Sakura took offense to this and strode over, looking up at Fujiko. "What the hell is that supposed to mean?" She shouted. Again, Fujiko rolled her eyes. "It MEANS, you aren't as pretty or as mature as I am, little miss `I'm in love with Sasuke but he doesn't notice me because I'm an annoying little dweeb with no curves and no breasts.'"

"That about covers it, yeah." Sasuke said softly. Sakura's face went white. How could Sasuke say such a thing? Wasn't he supposed to protect her? "Naruto, you don't think that, do you?" Sakura asked. Naruto looked over at her. "Well, not really." He smiled and put his hands behind his head. Fujiko glared at Sakura. "You don't have to ask NARUTO for an opinion, you know. Ask a mirror and it will say the same thing. Besides, he's only saying that because he likes you!" She turned and ran into the forest, away from Kono village.

Kakashi sighed and ordered them to follow her. Naruto began to leap from tree to tree as he always did, his mind clouded with explanations as to why she took off so suddenly. * `Besides, he's only saying that because he LIKES you!' * The way her voice weakened and her eyes narrowed stood out. Was she jealous of Sakura? No, why should she be? She was much prettier than her, but, was it because he had answered the way he did. "THAT'S IT!" He shouted, missing the next branch completely, falling to the ground face-first. Sasuke and Kakashi turned around. "Idiot." Sasuke mumbled, continuing on his way.

Sakura rolled her eyes. * Naruto's such a dork. When will he learn to be more like Sasuke? * she thought, watching as Naruto got up and leapt back into the tree. "Pfft….he IS an idiot." She mumbled. They had reached the other side of Kono village and Fujiko was nowhere in sight. "Great, now we have to-" Kakashi was interrupted by a loud shriek. "Get away from me you PERVERT!" Fujiko's voice rang out over his as she shook a few men from her legs and clung to Kakashi for protection.

"Uncle Kakashi! Get them away from me!" A couple of older men stepped out of the shadows, sporting bloody noses. One of them, Naruto recognized. "Iruka-sensei?!" He shouted. Iruka looked over and waved. "Hey Naruto! Back from your mission already, wow you're fast!" Naruto opened his mouth to answer when Kakashi interrupted. "Iruka, what do you think you're doing, chasing after my niece?" Iruka turned red. "Your…niece? How old is she? Nineteen? Twenty?" "She's sixteen you IDIOT! In other words, she's under age, meaning HANDS OFF or I'll KILL you!" Kakashi glared at Iruka with his one eye.

"Fine. Come on boys. Naruto, it was good to see you again." Iruka walked away with his friends, pouting slightly. Fujiko crept out from behind Kakashi, looking a bit frightened. "You'd think they'd never seen a real woman before! Are all the women in Kono village like Sakura or something?" She asked.

"SHUT UP!" Sakura shouted, moving to strike Fujiko. Fujiko grabbed her by the hand and tossed her to the ground, stepping on her stomach. She crouched down and put the tip of a kunai to her throat. "Don't fuck with me, child. I can do unfixable damage to that face of yours." Her brown eyes had turned slightly red for a second before she stood up and walked over to a tree

She leaned against it and placed the pointed tip of the shuriken to her wrist, making little scratch marks. She hid her face behind her long silver bangs and shuddered slightly. Naruto noticed this first and walked over, placing his hand on her shoulder. She was a bit taller than he was, but at the moment, he was taller because she was slumped against the tree. She gasped a little, but didn't look at him. "Fujiko-chan, what's wrong?" He asked softly. She shook her head and grasped the kunai by the tip, wincing as it cut into the wounds on her hand.

Blood dripped from her palm onto the ground as she dropped the kunai. Naruto stared and took her hand in his, pressing down on the wound to stop the bleeding. Fujiko looked up at him, finding a concerned look on his face. "Naruto…" She whispered. He looked into her eyes and smiled. "Better?" He asked. She nodded and leaned up, kissing his cheek.

Something in both of their minds clicked and they stared at each other. "Wait…Fujiko, you say you've been on your own for ten years, right?" Naruto asked, still holding her hand. Fujiko nodded. "About three years ago, did you come across someone who was lost, a little boy?" She nodded again and gasped. "It was you Naruto! The little boy who fell from the tree!" Fujiko cried. Naruto smiled, remembering the day he was chased from the schoolyard into Kono's dark forest.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: That's it for the first chapter. Next chapter is called: Memories.

Stay tuned and don't forget to email your comments!

Buh-Bye!

Silverwolf