Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ The Path of a Ninja ❯ Memories ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Title: The path of a ninja

Chapter: 2/0?

Chapter title: Memories

Author: Silverwolf

E-mail: Silverwolf_angel@yahoo.com

Webpage: http://www.planetvegeta03.cjb.net

Rated: PG-13

Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto or it's copyrighted characters. They belong to their respected creator, Mahashi Kishimoto. I write fanfics for fun not for money, so please don't sue. If you ask my friends they'll tell you how poor I am in my little yellow house on my cheap $100 computer with my stupid ice cream parlor job. So yeah, no lawsuits please.

A/N: Hello! I'm so happy you've decided to read the second chapter! Was the first one that good? Wow. I need to write more Naruto FF's for my fans!

ENJOY!

Warning: minor A/U

Memories

*** Flashback***

"Get out of here Naruto!"

"Yeah! We don't play with idiots!"

"Naruto's so stupid! He can't even write his name correctly!"

So mean.

So very mean.

* What did I do to make them mad? * a nine-year-old boy thought to himself as he sat in the comforts of Kono Village's largest tree. A few tears slipped down his cheeks as he cursed them all to hell. What did they know? NOTHING, that's what. They all had families to go home to, not like him. He had no family. No one to love him. No one to care about him. No one to pick him up and comfort him if he fell down and scraped his knee. * I hate them ALL! * He thought, even more tears sliding down his now red cheeks.

"Excuse me…"

The boy looked up. That voice…that angelic voice! Where was it coming from? He looked all around him, but couldn't find the source. "Down here. Are you alright?" The boy looked down and stared. A girl, thirteen or fourteen, stared back up at him, smiling. "Careful…you're gonna-"

"AHHH!" The boy fell from his branch, screaming, waiting for the hard ground to end all of his suffering, even if it wasn't intentional.

"Got you."

Two words.

Two sweet words followed by a warm hug. He had fallen into this girl's loving embrace. He opened his eyes and looked up. The girl smiled at him and brushed his blonde hair from his eyes, wiping away his tears as well. "You're alright now, don't cry little one." She whispered, smiling at him ever so sweetly. The boy felt warm and safe all of a sudden, looking into the girl's dark brown eyes, feeling her arms tighten around him. She didn't even know him, and yet, she was hugging him, holding him to her heart.

Her heart.

It pounded so beautifully in his ear as he rested against her chest.

"Where do you live?" She asked

The boy was silent. He couldn't tell her he lived by himself. She would laugh at him.

Laugh, like the others did.

"I-" He stopped.

"It's alright. I don't have a home either." She whispered. The boy looked up. The girl had her face hidden. Only the shadow of her bangs could be seen. "I have no family. No home. No friends. I have me, and that's all I need. That's all anyone needs, although…" She paused and looked up at the sky, a tear sliding down one of her porcelain cheeks. "It would be nice to have someone to love. Someone to hold, and to hold me."

"I'll love you"

The girl gasped and looked down at the blonde boy. He was smiling now, no sign of a teardrop or embarrassment. In the distance, the school bell rang, but the two paid no mind, just staring at each other.

The girl bent down and kissed his cheek, her tears falling on his hand. " Thank you." She whispered, hugging him tighter.

The boy smiled and kissed her back, setting his head on her shoulder. "I love you."

"I love you too…"

***End Flashback***

------- ------ ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ---- ---- ------ ------ -- ------- ----- -- ---

"Naruto…" Fujiko's eyes watered up and spilled over as she flung her arms around him. "It was you! I remember so clearly now! You fell out of that tree and I caught you…" Naruto smiled. "I can remember everything you told me. Every little detail and expression on your face Fujiko. You were the first person to ever hold me as close as you did. But you disappeared after promising me you would be there the next day. What happened?"

Fujiko lowered her gaze and then looked away. "Naruto…I don't think…" She stopped. He wouldn't be able to handle what she had to say. Hell, she couldn't even handle thinking about it. Kakashi stepped in front of them and cleared his throat, shaking them both from their dream like state. "Naruto, you live in a pretty cheap apartment, right?" Naruto looked up. "Uh…yeah, why?" "Fujiko, you are to move into that building. Understand?" Fujiko stared at her uncle. "Huh?! Uncle Kakashi! I can't pay for rent! How do you expect me to live in an APARTMENT???" She cried. "I'll pay for it." Kakashi smirked under his mask and looked around.

"Well, we can finish our mission tomorrow, for now, lets get Fujiko moved into her new apartment." The group nodded and headed to Naruto's apartment building. "What luck that the old lady just moved out from next door, huh?" Kakashi asked. Fujiko grumbled and narrowed her eyes. "Yeah, great." She wanted to be closer to Naruto, but she didn't want Kakashi to spoil her.

After everyone had left, Fujiko sat on her futon, thinking about the day that she was supposed to meet that little boy in the forest.

----------- - ---------------- -- ------------ ----- ---------- --- --------------- ---

***Flashback***

"I'll be there, I promise."

The last words ever spoken to the blonde boy.

She had wandered back to her village to find food,

When the boys circled her and shoved her down

"What kind of person are you? You KILLED your parents!"

"That's so disgusting Fujiko!"

"Why don't you just run away you pathetic little bitch?"

Go away.

Leave me alone!

You don't know what happened!

You wouldn't understand!

The boys took turns kicking her over,

Beating her up until she couldn't see.

When it was night, they left her there to cry.

Alone.

I'm alone again.

She closed her eyes and fell asleep there in the middle of the road, alone. Cold and without anyone to love her.

The little boy waited patiently by the tree, holding a bouquet of flowers, watching the other kids playing in the schoolyard. He kept looking around for the girl with the silver hair and the pretty smile.

But she never came.

The little boy sniffed back his tears as he dropped the flowers and ran home crying.

She didn't love him.

She was teasing him.

How rude of her!

"I HATE THAT GIRL!" he shouted before burying his face in his pillow.

***End Flashback***

-------------------- --------------------- -----------------------

Fujiko's tears soaked her gloved hands as she whimpered and turned her face to her pillow, crying herself to sleep. She loved Naruto dearly and couldn't bear the thought of him finding out about that day. The day she became an assassin.

"MORNING!!!!" Naruto's voice carried through the wall and startled Fujiko awake. It was seven-thirty and the sun was just coming into view, but Fujiko didn't feel like moving. Her head felt funny and she thought she would throw up if she moved. "N-Naruto…" She murmured, lifting her hand to bang on the wall. It barely lifted enough to get above her forehead and fell against the wall.

"Damn…Naruto…" Why did she feel so sick today? She was perfectly fine yesterday. Perhaps the trips down memory lane weren't such a good idea. "Is that you Fujiko? What's wrong?" he shouted through the wall. "G-get the key….under the mat." She whined, rolling over to avoid the sun's rays. Naruto seemed confused by this and left his apartment, going to the doormat in front of Fujiko's apartment. He took the key out and opened her door. When he saw the state she was in, he rushed over. "Fujiko-Chan!!! What happened?" He cried. Fujiko winced. "Not so loud, ok? My head hurts. I think I ate some bad oshiruko or something." She moaned slightly and moved to stand up, tumbling over into his arms. He was a lot smaller than her, and toppled over onto the floor.

"Fujiko…hey, can you move, please?" He grumbled, trying to move her one hundred and ten-pound body. She moaned again and crawled off, slumping against the wall. "Get…. Kakashi." she whined, closing her eyes before she vomited on the floor in front of her. Naruto bit his lip. He couldn't leave her here. He smirked a bit and used his `Shadow Clone' technique and created a double of himself. "I'm gonna go get Kakashi, this guy will stay with you, ok?"

Fujiko nodded, feeling a bit stupid. She was sixteen, not six. She knew how to take care of herself. She had been doing it for ten years already. But she couldn't do it alone now. She needed help from someone, and the only someone around who was willing to clean her up, was Naruto. She looked to the clone and smiled as it mopped up her mess and grinned at her.

"I love you, Naruto-kun." She whispered, her head lolling to the side as she passed out.

~~~~~ ~~~~ ~`~~~~~ `~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Wow that's it for the second chapter. Third chapter is called: Mission #1

Stay tuned! I await your comments eagerly!

Bye-bye!

Silverwolf