Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ The Path of a Ninja ❯ Mission #1 ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Title: The path of a ninja

Chapter: 3/0?

Chapter title: Mission #1

Author: Silverwolf

E-mail: Silverwolf_angel@yahoo.com

Webpage: http://www.planetvegeta03.cjb.net

Rated: R

Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto or it's copyrighted characters. They belong to their respected creator, Mahashi Kishimoto. I write fanfics for fun not for money, so please don't sue. If you ask my friends they'll tell you how poor I am in my little yellow house on my cheap $100 computer with my stupid ice cream parlor job. So yeah, no lawsuits please.

A/N: Hey guys! Thanks for your great reviews! It seems you all want me to keep going with this fic, so I will!. Once again, thank you and good day!

Warning: minor A/U

Mission #1

Fujiko yawned as she opened her eyes. It had been a whole week and a half since the day she found herself ill in her bed. Naruto and his clones, along with Kakashi and the others, had been taking really good care of her since then. Today she was feeling fit and ready for an adventure, or at least a mission. She rolled out of bed and looked around. Her apartment was full of Naruto's clones, asleep on her floor. She carefully stepped over them and went to her refrigerator, pulling out a bottle of water. She hadn't had very much to eat or drink, and she was parched.

She downed the bottle and continued to look around. Kakashi was asleep in the corner of the room, an open copy of "Make out paradise" sitting on his lap. Sakura and Sasuke sat in another corner, Sakura's arms draped over Sasuke's rather stiff form. She giggled as the clones twitched at her feet, snorting into the floor. Naruto was by himself, in another corner of the room, a wet rag in his hand and a bucket in the other. Had she really been that sick?

She couldn't remember much, except for Kakashi's fretting and running around like a chicken with its head cut off. He had come running to the apartment, broken down the door and scooped her up, like a child. She felt so stupid for that. She wasn't a child, she really wasn't. But Kakashi thought different, obviously. He had fussed and growled orders to the others, pushing them to their limits to cure Fujiko of her illness.

Naruto stirred in the corner and opened his eyes. "Ra-men." He muttered, yawning slightly. Fujiko smiled. * Kawaii! * She thought, shaking her head. "Oh, you're up!" Naruto seemed pleased with this. He walked over and reached up, feeling her forehead to make sure she was fine. "Stop it, you're acting like him." She grumbled, swatting his hand away. Kakashi opened his eye and yawned under his mask. "FUJIKO! What are you doing out of bed? Get back in there! You're sick you silly girl!" Fujiko screamed. Kakashi had scared the hell out of her by jumping up and blurting that entire thing out at once.

She glared and tossed her empty water bottle at him, watching it ricochet off of his cheek. "IDIOT! Don't scare me like that EVER again or I'll kill you!" "SHUT UP! I'm trying to sleep!" Sakura shouted from the other side of the room. Fujiko narrowed her eyes and walked over, wrenching Sakura up from her spot next to Sasuke. "Excuse me little missy, but I believe that this is MY house. Not yours, so don't go giving orders."

Sakura opened her eyes and growled. "You know, Miss Hatake, you're REALLY getting on my last nerve!" She hissed. Fujiko pretended not to hear and let her go, turning back to Naruto. Sakura growled again and grabbed a fistful of Fujiko's long, silver hair, yanking her to the floor. Fujiko narrowed her eyes and took a kunai from Sasuke's holder and whipped around, wincing as her head snapped to the side.

"Let go of me or I'll kill you Sakura Haruno!" "Girls!" Kakashi ran over and separated the two females. "You couldn't kill me if you tried!" Sakura yelled. "Oh yeah? Well you couldn't kill a fly if it was sitting on the ground with broken wings!" Fujiko spat, her temper rising, her eyes starting to turn red.

"Who do you think you are? The world's number one assassin, or the world's number one WHORE?!" Sakura heaved as she spat those last words at Fujiko. The sixteen-year-old gasped and dropped her kunai. "That's right, you're nothing but a WHORE, Fujiko Hatake! I've seen the way you try to seduce Naruto and Sasuke! You're a poor excuse for a ninja!" Fujiko whimpered and turned her face away.

"SAKURA! Apologize! That was cruel!" Naruto shouted from the other side of the room. Sasuke had woken up in the midst of the yelling and wasn't very happy. He stood up and shoved Sakura aside, touching Fujiko's shoulder. "Hey, you alright, Fujiko-chan?" He turned her face toward his and stared into her dark eyes, watching as tears poured silently down her cheeks.

Sasuke lifted his hand and wiped them away, offering his shoulder to her. Sakura gasped. "What? Sasuke-kun?" Fujiko shook her head and kissed his cheek lightly before running to Naruto. She flung her arms around him and buried her face in his neck, sobbing hard as he stood there, his arms wide open as well as his eyes. Kakashi sighed. The girls would have to be separated in order to complete today's mission.

Naruto finally put his arms around Fujiko and closed his eyes, feeling a sudden rush of sympathy for her. "Fujiko-chan." He nestled his cheek next to hers, inhaling the sweet scent of her hair. "It's alright, Fujiko-chan. Kakashi, Sasuke and I know what Sakura said isn't true. Don't cry." He pulled her back so he could look at her. "Believe me?" He whispered. Fujiko stared at him, contemplating the way she was about to answer.

Should she? Would it frighten him? Would Kakashi kill her? Oh, what the hell. She leaned down and pressed her mouth against his in a rough, forced kiss. Sasuke's eyes widened and then narrowed. He wanted to kiss her! He wanted to comfort her, but, why? He normally paid no attention to females. They were too distracting. But Fujiko didn't hang all over him and coo, "Oh, Sasuke-kun, I love you!" Twenty-four-seven. She was attracted to Naruto, and that's what attracted Sasuke to her. He wanted her for himself.

Fujiko softened the kiss some and pulled away, watching Naruto's eyes open slowly. "F-F-Fujiko." He stuttered. She smiled slightly and blushed, looking away. "OK! Break it up you two! We have a mission to do and I'm going to split you up into groups. Girls vs. boys." Kakashi had totally abandoned his `splitting up the girls' idea and put together the `keep the rivals together' idea.

Fujiko looked at her uncle as though he'd slapped her across the face. She had to work with Sakura!? NO! She couldn't be separated from Naruto now! Not after that kiss. "Uncle Kaka-" Kakashi held his hand up. "No. you and Sakura need to learn how to work as a team if you are to graduate to Chu-nin ninjas!" Sakura and Fujiko glared at each other. "FINE! Naruto-kun." Fujiko turned back to Naruto and undid her hair scarf, tying it around his arm. "Keep this, alright? And, good luck." She smirked before kissing his cheek and going into the bathroom to change.

She came out a few moments later, dressed in a pair of shorts and a dress similar to Sakura's, only hers was black. It was also open in the front to show off her curves underneath the tight-fitting tank top and netted shirt. She wore the traditional sandals and a pair of black gloves. She narrowed her eyes harshly at Sakura and hissed under her breath.

Sakura looked as though she was about to puke, watching as Sasuke stared at Fujiko. "Alright, here's the plan. It's similar to a scavenger hunt only, the things on your lists are chores that are to be done for the villagers." Kakashi handed both teams a list. "The first group done is to report back here with items you get for doing the tasks. When I say `go', get out there and start your first chore, understood?" all four nodded. "Alright, GO!" Both Sakura and Fujiko took off running to their first mission, cleaning out Mrs. Takahashi's garden shed. They had to straighten and wipe down everything and throw out all of the old tools that were no longer being used. They had to refill every gas-powered item in the shed and empty the lawnmower bags.

When they finished, the old woman smiled and handed them both a small basket of rice balls. Naruto and Sasuke were having a harder time with their list seeing as washing, walking and cleaning after seven dogs wasn't exactly fun. The reward they received was worth all of the trouble though. They each received a bit of money and moved on to their next task.

By nightfall, neither group had returned, which worried Kakashi. But when he heard the sound of feet coming toward the door, he closed his book and stood up to answer it. Both teams had arrived at the same time, panting and sweating hard. The girls handed their list to him, looking rather tired as he checked the list and the rewards. When the boys handed him their list and rewards, Kakashi seemed overwhelmed. "Well, both teams have completed their tasks, but only one can win. Meaning, Sudden death challenge."

The girls looked at Kakashi as though he were insane and rolled their eyes. Sasuke and Naruto however, looked even more energetic than ever. "You must both look in the village and bring back these three things. First team back, wins." He handed them another list with different items on them. "Right, you have one hour. GO!" As Fujiko and Sakura scanned their list, they groaned. "One set of ivory chopsticks, One of Mrs. Moriyama's famous seaweed and tofu rice balls, and a bottle of Sake??? Jeez, does he think we're made of money? We can't afford this stuff!" Sakura cried. "Speak for yourself. I have the chopsticks back at the apartment. I can get the Sake from Iruka and his buddies. The rice ball will be a bit tough though." Fujiko mumbled.

Sakura grinned slightly and pulled Fujiko over to the shop where the balls were sold. "All we have to do is get that guy to give us one. And I know how to do it!" She whispered something into Fujiko's ear and dragged her inside where they persuaded the man behind the counter to give them one of the very expensive food items. The man was practically drooling on himself as he watched the girls giggle and flirt with him. When they had received the ball, they ran out laughing, heading to Iruka's.

Naruto and Sasuke had the slightly easier list. "One cup of cooked instant ramen, one shuriken from a journey-man ninja, and some Natto. Easy enough. Here, Sasuke, go get the ramen from my apartment, just don't touch the miso ramen. That's my favorite, and don't let Kakashi see you!" Naruto handed over his keys and took off towards Iruka's home. Both boys gathered the items and headed back to the apartment.

They nearly dropped their items when they saw the girls sitting in front of Kakashi, looking quite exhausted.

"What took you?" Sakura asked. Sasuke narrowed his eyes. A pair of girls had beaten him! How humiliating! "These noodles are cold." Kakashi commented as he slurped them down. Fujiko yawned slightly and crawled onto her bed, looking miserably tired.

"Get out of here people. I want to go to bed." She groaned, turning over to sleep. Kakashi and the others walked out. Fujiko lay in the bed, thinking about what Sakura had asked of her during their second mission.

* "Can you leave Sasuke out of this? I really do like him, and well, Naruto seems fond of you." Fujiko had nodded. "Alright. I'll get him off of my case." *

Fujiko rolled over, sighing slightly. She'd had this little problem with men for about two years. They just wouldn't stay away from her. Closing her eyes, she fell asleep, looking forward to what tomorrow had to offer.

A/N: OK! That's it for the third chapter. I'm sorry it's a little short, I just couldn't figure out what to do with it. I want to let everyone who reads this, know that I am open to suggestions for future chapters and fics.

Next Chapter: Promises.

Love you!

Silverwolf