Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ The Plan ❯ Chapter Two: Plan Step One: Action! ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
The Plan

Disclaimer: I don't own Naruto...Obviously...

Ino and Naruto have been vying for the affections of two people: Sasuke and Sakura. Now that the two have hooked up, both of these fine shinobi have fallen into a funk...

Note: This was originally set a year after Sasuke left in the manga, except I decided (as I had only done it to age characters that I didn't know had already aged) that it is set a few month afterwards...

~~~

Chapter 2: Plan Step One: Action!

AKA: Konohamaru's Return!

"Ino... Won't Sakura be sad if we break them up? I mean..." Naruto frowned., He didn't like it when Sakura was sad.

"No, 'cause she'll have you! I'm betting you'd be a better boyfriend then Sasuke would!" Ino said cheerfully. 'Yeah right...' she thought inwardly.

Naruto brightened. "Yeah, I would! So... What do I do?"

"The plan is this..."

---

The Concussa was a small restaurant, but much bigger than Ichiraku. The place was completely inside, and it had a dancing area, and a few tables. The bands were cool, and it even had a balcony right over the door...

Naruto shivered. It wasn't cold, but he felt uncomfortable. All these people, most of them talking loudly... It hurt his head. The ramen was pretty good, though... 'Ino, what's taking you so long!?' he thought, irritated.

---

"Isn't it beautiful, Sakura?" Ino said, leanng up aganst the railing. The breeze was wonderfully warm, and the sile on her face as genuine.

"Yeah..." Sakura's mind seemed soemwhere else as she took her spot beside her friend. "Y'know, Ino, you're taking this Sasuke thing really well. It's really awesome of you to be so calm about it, after all that time..."

"Aww, it's nothing... Did you see the demonstration on the weekend? The foreign shuriken expert? Wasn't he awesome?" Ino sighed, feeling (almost) guilty of plotting to steal Sasuke from herm and (almost) not enjoying the setting sun.

"Yeah, it was awesome..." Sakura breathed.

"Sakura, have you tried the ramen here?" Ino asked.

"Not re- Ahh!" Sakura yelled as the portion on the rail keeping her up seemed to just... crumble. Ino jumped towards her, and almost fell off herself.

----

"-ramen here?" Naruto had been listening from downstairs. Now, he pushed his finished ramen from him, and headed to the exit, hoping to time it right...

---

"Oouf!" Naruto burst, as Sakura landed on him, rather awkwardly.

"SorryI'msorryI'msorryI- Naruto?" Sakura sounded incredulous. "What're you doin' here?"

"Waiting. For. Ino," each word was punctuated by a heavy breath. "Sakura-chan, I think you should..."

"Oh, yeah!"Sakura said hurriedly, scurrying off of Naruto's back. "Sorry, Naruto, how can I get you to forgive me?"

"How 'bout.. ramen?" he looked her in the eye.

"But..." then she considered it. Ramen at Ichiraku wasn't really a date... especially not with Naruto... "Okay, deal. Tomorrow, 'cause I can see your full. 'kay?"

"Sure!" Naruto exclaimed, getting up.

"Sakura! ARE-YOU-O-KAY!?" Ino yelled from the balcony. "How many times do I have to YELL!?"

"I'm fine, INO! Naruto caught me!" she yelled back. "Naruto-kun, I gotta go. See ya!" she said, running off.

"Bye, Sakura-chan!" he called after her. He sighed, and waited for Ino.

---

"That didn't go bad!" Ino exclaimed, jumping onto her bed. Then she heard the showerhead spraying...

"NARUTO!"

---

Sakura laid on her bed, smiling. That had been nice, except for the fall at the end... and now she and Naruto-kun had lunch planned for the next day, and Sauke and her were having dinner the next. 'These big, fancy houses always have traditional dates', she sighed. Candlelight was romantic, but a bit cliché...

"Ow!" she turned over, and pulled of a small cunk of wood from the crumbled balcony. Before she threw it off, something caught her attention...

There was a blonde hair curled around it...

Naruto's... or Ino's?

~~~

Next day

Ino groaned as she sat up. 'What is it with him and showering!? Why does he like them so much..."

That morning, she'd gotten up especially early... only to hear the showerhead singing it's stupid song.

PSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSH!

"Oh, screw it!" Ino grabbed a vest and headed out into early Konoha...

---

"Kono-nii-san, please! I'll do anything!" a little boy, around the age of Konohamaru and his friends, was following him.

"No, Kyou-chan, I won't let you be my disciple. You're too dumb, and you vcan't do 'The Skill'...."

"I'm just not a stupid perv..."

"WHAT DID YOU CALL THE FUTURE HOKAGE!?"

"Nothing, Kono-nii-san!"

"Stop calling me that! From now on, it's either Sarutobi-sensei or Konohamaru-sama! You hear? Hey, it's scary forehead firl's friend, who was hanging out with Naruto-nii-chan... Hey, blonde girl! What were you doing with Naruto-nii-chan?!" Konohamaru yelled out.

---

"Hey, blonde girl! What were you doing with Naruto-nii-chan?!" Ino heard a voice call out. She turned around to see a little brown-haired kid pointing at her.

She softened a little bit. It was Sandaime's grandkid, the one who was (somehow) related to her teacher. She figured that Asuma-sensei might be his dad... He never DID talk about his home life...

"What!? Yesterday? I took him out shopping, and it's nobody's business why!" she yelled back, before continuing on her way...

---

An hour later, she was still wandering around Konoha...

She decided she like her hair loose, having the wind blow through it like it did. She brushed her hand through it, feeling the softness of it... then remembered she hadn't showered yet.

'Stupid Naruto!' she thought as she ran home.

~~~

* About the Sandaime (3rd Hokage), Konohamaru and Asuma....

Sandaime = ??? Sarutobi (Orochimaru refers to him as Sarutobi-sensei)

Konohamaru = Sandaime's Grandson (Chapter two, Ebisu explains.)

Now, about Asuma... His last name's Sarutobi, which got me wondering...

'S all!