Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ The Princess and the Peasent ❯ The Deal ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 4: The Deal

Hinata looked her father in the eye.

"Shikamamaru told me you snuck out to meet a peasent boy." Hiashi said to her. Hinata looked down. "Well?"

"Y-Yes sir I was g-going to tell y-you tonight." Hinata replied.

"How long has this been going on?"

"About s-six months."

"Hinata. . ." Hiashi said with a sigh.

"A-Are you very displeased?" Hinata asked him.

"'Very displeased', doesn't even come close. You do know that if I don't have a son your my heir yes?"

"O-Of course I d-do!"

"If you do know this as you say you do then why is it you want to marry outside of nobility?"

"It is c-called love."

"Love or not it will still bring dishonor to the Hyuga family."

"Let H-Hanabi-can be y-your sucessor."

"Oh?"

"If y-you won't let N-Naruto-kun prove h-himself then allow H-Hanabi-chan to take m-my place." Hinata said to her father.

"How do you purpose I go about this?" Hiashi asked her.

"Give h-him three tests. I-In fact give the same tests to Shikamaru."

"Why?"

"The w-winner gets my h-hand in marriage."

"An interesting proposition my daughter. Please allow me to think it over for the night and I shall let you know tomorow. In the mean time go to bed."

"Y-Yes sir."

Once his daughter disappeared from his sight the king sighed.

"She must really like this boy." he said to himself. "Maybe she's right. . .I should give him a chance to prove himself. I'll summon him first thing tomorow morning."