Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ The Road I Take ❯ Prologue ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
I stared down the reflection of the sky in the pool of red. Sitting on my knees, hunched over the bodies of loved ones, numb from the countless hours of horror and pain. Without a sense of time I sat in the invading silence watching, as the hands of those who were once so warm to touch slowly grow cold and pale. Everyone who I had ever known and loved was gone, murdered. They were slaughtered in the most horrifying ways deemed possible right before my very own eyes. Every single one of them was innocent and I was the one responsible for the death of every one of them.

It had started with a simple comment, which soon turned into a rivalry and then a silent war between the two, my father and the man at the head of the trade company in charge of our small village. I was fuzzy on the details, but I knew the town was suffering from it. Then there was an unexpected death of one of the trade company’s family and the finger was pointed at my father. All hell broke loose. Fights were started and when I was caught in the middle of one accidentally, my father was forced to save me. He all but killed the man and that’s when this happened.

This morning the sun was bright, the sky was clear and the air drifted softly through the small town. At midday, dark clouds swiftly swept over, blotting out the sun and the air drew restless. Then the small band of ninja suddenly appeared, butchering everyone in sight, setting alight to anything that would burn. Buildings, crops, even some animals were unlucky to escape from the horror that had taken place. Father had gathered the family and tried to hide, but it was no use and soon we were outside, standing in a burnt crop field. Restraining us, we were forced to watch as my mother was ravaged and raped and then swiftly beheaded. My heart broke as her screams filled the night and when I could hear fathers pained cries for them to stop. Then they turned their attention to me and after what seemed hours later of abuse and humiliation, they stopped. Father was crying, begging for my life, that they might take his instead and that was that. I would forever be at fault for the slaughter of my family and my village. They swiftly had filled his body with kunai and dropped his dead body into the bloody mud and left me there. My clothes were shredded and bloodstained. For so many hours I had sat over their bodies. I cried and I screamed until my voice was gone and my heart was empty and numb. Now I sat watching the red sunset, mind blank, eyes wide with only the desire to sleep.

I stood silently as the light started to fade away, swaying slightly from exhaustion and the blood loss. Turned to walk away when I felt a presence followed with the sound of footsteps. I didn’t turn around, nor did I care. I just stood there as someone came to stand in front of me. They started to talk, but I didn’t listen even though I wanted to know what was being said. I just stood there, staring into space. Out of the corners of my vision, the darkness came, edging its way in until it had filled the space my eyes could see and I felt myself falling.

I awoke some time later, groaning and looking up at the white ceiling of my hospital room. The last few hours had been a blur of slipping between consciousness and unconsciousness. I remembered the sensation of floating through the air at rapidly, the wind whipping my hair in my face, my head bumping uncomfortably against the bumps in the vest of the person carrying me, before succumbing to sleep once again. Another time, someone sitting besides me, the flicker of light from a fire and the sound of crickets in the late evening, arm bring wrapped firmly with a soft bandage. Now I was connected to a beeping machine with a needle stuck into my arm, the bag it was connected to dripping slowly. Mind blank, I sighed softly blinking the blurriness from sleep away. I gasped loudly, sitting up, as all at once the images hurled themselves into my mind. The horror, the death, the destruction all came flooding back, assaulting my mind and ripping at a wavering sanity.

I wanted the images to leave. I didn’t want to have these images implanted into my memory. I couldn’t handle the loss, the pain they caused. I clutched my head, shaking, as the tears started to flow.

The sounds of pained wailing drifted down the corridor. People passing by whispered the rumours of the horrible ordeal the young girl had been though. Going about their business quickly, sympathetic glances were shot towards the door where the wailing originated from, leaving the girl to mourn in peace. It had lasted until the voice had started to crackle and die into a hoarse whine and then eventually after almost an hour, all hiccups and sobs had finally stopped and only the busy humming of nurses and doctors as they went about their business.

Things would get better. They had to. Nothing horrible could happen to someone so small, so innocent that things couldn’t get better. Tomorrow was a new day. A new start, a new beginning and she would start over.


--------------------


There we go, how do you fancy that? Do you like? No? Yes? What could be better about it? I want to know these things so im not such a sucky writer -_-;; PLEASE RandR ^_^ i appreciate it alot, guys and gals.