Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ The Road I Take ❯ Dear Kakashi: You Suck ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

She was surprised at how much care he put upon his newly appointed student. It had only been merely minutes ago when his student had so easily defeated him. His anger had been waving from his very being and he looked like he was going to rip her to shreds. But he had taken on this with tenderness and care, picking her up (against her will of coarse) and poofing away in a smoky fashion before she could even start to complain. Soon after they had arrived he had replaced her onto the ground and continued to lead her inside. It wasn’t like she didn’t know where she was going. She had been here too many times to count and knew most of the staff pretty well. She stepped up to the counter where a familiar face pooped up from behind the counter.

“Oh my, Ritsuko-Chan, long time no see. How are you? Are you eating well?”

The questions flowed with concern from the older woman. It was as if her mouth wasn’t moving at all.

“Ay, ay, Karin-Chan. I’m a big girl now, I can look after myself.”

Ritsuko laughed contently, but stopped when her wrist moved slightly. Karin eyed her hand.

“What are you doing here then?”

“Just a little training injury. Nothing to worry about.”

Karin eyed her suspiciously but said nothing but instead spotted Kakashi standing off to the side out of the way.

“Ah, Good evening, Kakashi-Sama. Did you find her, injured and bring her in?”

Ritsuko glanced back at him before awkwardly adding.

“Uh, no. He’s the cause of my injury, we were training an-“

She didn’t get to finish. Karin had exploded there and then giving Kakashi the third degree lecture on letting her get into such a condition. Ritsuko snuck away quietly, knowing where to find a doctor that would gladly take a little time to fix her up. She snickered quietly to herself at how long her sensei would be there to receive such abuse.

----------------------

She had walked out an hour later. Her wrist had been set and then chakara had been used to quickly mend the bone. Her arm was then bandaged and set in a sling for the last stages of healing. As it was explained to her, the chakara mend is a fragile bond and it takes a little time for the newly formed bone to harden and set properly. Which ultimately meant no training until otherwise told. Walking up the hall to the exit, Kakashi had been leaning against the wall near the door “Still here?” He raised an eyebrow “Not really. It’s just a caution. I’ll be timing you.”

And the clone disappeared with a poof of smoke. She sighed and stopped back at the front of the counter, receiving some instructions and drugs for the next couple of days. She then left with her box, walking slowly towards the side of town where she now had been assigned to live with her sensei.

---------------------

“You’re late.” He had been casually sitting on the couch with a book in his hand. She rolled her eyes “Since when have you been my mother” it was more of a statement rather than a question. Tension was forming in the room already “You’re living under my roof” her look was outraged “Against my will!” She shot back but he was quick as well “Not my problem.” He heard her mumble something as she stomped out of the room and twitched slightly when he realised what. 'sore loser..'

She had stormed out of the adjoining kitchen and into the hall, realizing that she had no room to sulk in, so she settled to walk right out the back door and into the garden. She snorted disgustedly. The bum hadn’t even bothered to talk care of his own yard. She pulled up her sleeves, keeping in mind of her tender arm, deciding that it would pass the time, help her to think some things over and then got into the tall weeds of the garden bed.

She had done a little more than she intended to, after busily removing every single weed in the back yard, she had found nowhere to deposit them, deciding that the easiest solution would be a compost heap, finding some old sacks, hidden away in the small shed in the corner and laying them on top of her pile. The lawn had grown quite a bit over the time neglected and it made her wonder just how long it had been since the grass was cut, seeing it had made its way half way up her shins. After a bit of swearing and clambering around the tiny, crowded shed, she had managed to find a lawn cutter and had quickly cut the grass, adding it to her pile for cuttings. Stepping back in the shed and sitting the lawn cutter down, she couldn’t resist the words in her head…

‘Come on, its only a little shed. A bit of a tidy up won’t hurt.’

She took a hesitant step back. Her hands were aching with the desire to keep working. Was she becoming a work-a-holic? As if, she was as lazy as the next person and she knew it. But. Maybe this was a good thing, wanting to work so much. Her hands twitched and she set to work again, moving things, arranging things and being careful not to disturb the stacked boxes in the corner, not knowing what was inside. After all, there could be secret things, could be secrets from Kakashi’s past. The word blackmail instantly flew through her mind and her hands twitched again.

-------------------

He hadn’t realized how quickly the time had gone while reading his book and by the time he had looked up at the clock, it was already way past sunset. He blinked as Ritsuko’s image suddenly jumped into his mind and he got up, making his way to the backdoor and stuck his head out the door, He spied the still form over by the tree and walk over, noticing the shortness of the lawn and stopped next to the sleeping Ritsuko, bobbing down next to her. He stopped, not knowing what to do and wondered if waking her was the best option. Experimentally, he poked her a couple of times and he sighed when she didn’t stir. He leaned down, putting his arms underneath her and picked her up. Taking, back to his room, he put her on the bed and left, quickly walking out, laughing quietly to himself when she talked in her sleep.

“Stupid Kakashi, always looks so hot”

-------------------

She wandered into the kitchen early the next morning, feet padding softly on the cold floor and she stopped by the fridge, glancing inside wondering just what to eat. She closed the door again quickly and grimaced. There was only one thing in there and it didn’t look like it had finished mutating yet. She coughed on the smell and instead went to the lounge, spying the sleeping Kakashi on the couch, lying back on the couch with his book, open and face down on his stomach. Making sure her pouch was still in her pocket, she slipped on her boots at the door and slipped outside, making sure to be extra quiet in closing the door to turn around to almost run straight into him. She blinked, stepping back, instantly feeling small under his gaze.

“Where are you going?” He looked genuinely irritated that she would try to sneak out. “There’s nothing in the house, I was going out to get something to eat.” He was searching her face for one a trace of a lie and sighed defeated when he couldn’t find any reason to scold her. He sighed and stood aside, letting her pass and then continuing to follow her down the street. Ritsuko didn’t really like the idea of someone following her like this. She felt this irritating Jounin had chained her freedom, without the intention of ever letting go and she knew she had to do something about it, otherwise she might never have such a chance again. Quickly, she found the busiest part of the street for that time in the morning. Which happened to be the markets, where people were busing about, bargaining on fresh stock for their future meals and what not. She jumped into the thick crowd, dancing and pushing through the crowd until the slipped into a side alley and ran for it, as fast as she could, street into street, until she had came onto another busy street, not the same street, but just as busy. She came upon a small coffee shop and relaxed instantly, stepping in, and finding herself an empty booth as a waitress came up, giving her order before yawning heavily.

Receiving her order was a large order of pancakes followed with a hot cup of coffee. She smiled happily, paying the waitress and turning to her meal. She spied the booth across the room, where four people looked curiously in her direction, she turned back to her food and ate quickly and quietly, basking in the soft hum of conversation in the busy shop. She felt the presence of eyes again and she glanced back quickly to see they were indeed looking at her again. She wondered what their problem was, she didn’t have anything on her face and she was wearing casual enough clothing, a sleeveless top with long baggy pants, tucked into her boots weren’t unusual. She hadn't bothered with a sling for her arm, when it only felt a little sore. Her hair wasn’t on fire or anything so it wasn’t out of the normal there. She sighed, gulped down the last of her coffee, about to stand to leave when she jumped, and looked up at the presence beside her. Kakashi had ratted her out and he didn’t look happy. Not one bit.

She gulped. There was no way out of this. No excuses, no running away. She'd just have to take any punishment he'd dish out. He put a hand on her solder, forcing her to sit down as he walked around the other side of the booth to take a seat. He rested his chin on his hands, still glaring at her silently. This was killing her and she diverted her eyes looking around the coffee house, managing to find interest in the smallest things. The ceiling, pot plant next to the entryway, the bright green wall- wait. She looked up at the man in front of her.. What the crap?

She didn't know how or why, but that sulky little brat had got his revenge and hell did she hate him for it. That man in green happened to be Kakashi's 'eternal rival' and immediately attempted to start a fight or some sort of competition but had suddenly been cut off from misstatement when the rest of the people from across the room had shown up.

-------------------

There was the man in green with a bowl haircut and large eyebrows finished with a sparkling smile which made her blush from being embarrassed just as the possibility of someone seeing her near him. The other three consisted of a black haired woman with red eyes, a black haired man with a grizzly black beard and a cigarette hanging lazily from his mouth and another, his head band covering his head like a bandana, his shoulder length hair sticking out from underneath it and a thin stick hanging from his mouth. “Kakashi finally found the time for dating, eh?” The red-eyed girl slyly put in her companions all had smirks across their faces, except for the man in green who looked incredulous. “Can it be that my eternal rival has whoo’ed a girl of his fancy, before I?!” She blushed heavily as they all looked down at her and Kakashi chuckled. He explained what was going on and they all understood and were soon sitting in the same booth, talking idly about missions, other people and what not. She had been introduced to the group and had found out that Kakashi’s eternal rival was named Gai and he immediately started flattering her with his poetical talk of her resembling beautiful flowers, which had quickly made her uneasy around him.

After the first ten minutes of listening to Gai’s conversation about lotus, missions and the many, many competitions he had with Kakashi, she turned to see Kakashi watching with a steady gaze and she gave him a desperately pleading look, but before she knew it she had seen a mischievous glint in his eyes. ‘That’s not a good sign’… Kakashi looked at his eternal rival with a grin. “Hey, Gai. Why don’t you take her out tonight? I’ve got to be somewhere and I don’t want her staying alone.” Gai’s eyes lit up and a flashing grin was sent her way. “Would the lovely lady like to go out tonight?” She smiled weakly and nodded “You don’t have to if you don’t want to, you sound like a very busy man, I wouldn’t want to intrude.” His laugh was loud and full with triumphant glee “Nonsense, there’s nothing Konoha’s Beautiful Green Beast couldn’t postpone until tomorrow!” Kakashi was almost a happy as Gai “Fine, you can come her from my house at five”


-------------------

The others had seemed slightly suspicious of the ulterior motives of Kakashi’s words, but it was shrugged off as Kakashi announced their leave and short goodbyes were said before the Jounin and student wandered off to the bridge to meet with his students. The day was nothing special, where they spent the day doing a gardening mission. By the end of the day she was especially sick of weeds but had offered to take the weeds collected home with her anyway to add to her compost pile. She walked ahead of Kakashi, not feeling like talking to him. The prick had set her up on an unwanted date and now she couldn’t refuse without looking like a heartless ice-maiden. Stepping in the door, she quickly took her bag of weeds and added them to the growing pile and returned to the house, getting a drink from the tap she turned to see him looking at her, beaming. “What are you so happy about?!” She fully knew what he was happy about but decided to get it out in the open anyway. Maybe she’d be given reason to either get another housemate or better yet, move back into her home. He snickered “Shouldn’t you be getting ready for your date?” the pleased tone about himself irritated her and her glare could have bored holes in him “You suck.”

-------------------

Alright!! That’s chapter 5 done! Whoo! I’m actually supposed to be starting my IT flash project right about now but I thought seeing as we weren’t really going to starting until tomorrow, it doesn’t really matter. Got chemistry next, ahhh I hate it, but we’re doing a prac so it’ll all be alright.

Kakashi: I don’t really think they want to know about you school life
Rhea: Ugh, I’m bored, leave me alone.
Kakashi: If I did that you’d never get any of the story done.
Rhea: Yeah, but somehow you manage to make me never get any of my schoolwork done.
Kakashi: … Is that supposed to be a compliment or an insult?
Rhea: That’s for you to decide.

Oh yeah! And suggestions for the chapter of the date with Gai!? I've got some pretty interesting ideas forming in my head, but none that i am satisfied with, so anyone?