Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ The Road I Take ❯ Problem Solved! ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
She stiffened and chucked the rest of the blanket over him. “I hope you have a wonderful hangover in the morning” she added irritably as her stomach jerked again, catching her totally off guard. She felt herself paling and she turned away quickly from being noticed and walked out of the room, leaving him to his sleep. 'Ugh, why do i feel so sick' As she stepped into the bathroom, she clutched at her stomach as a wave a nausea swept over her followed by an aching pain. She had a vision of her night with Gai 'Could it be?' More specifically, her plate of food, came closer in hey minds eye 'The food?' She drank some water from the basin before going to bed, hoping it would be better by the morning.

----------

Her sleep had been troubled and uncomfortable, the food disturbing her bladder as well as her stomach and several times she had to make trips to the bathroom. It was early when she had given up on sleep and walked to the kitchen, grabbing a glass of water and drinking it all down quickly, feeling her stomach churn again. She concentrated on listening to her breathing, to get her mind off of the disgusting way she felt. She felt cold, even though she was sweating and she felt the hand holding firmly onto the kitchen bench for support quivering slightly. She groaned and leaned over onto the bench, head in her arms and eyes closed, trying to concentrate on the bizarre feeling of her sickness to go away.

She felt another presence accompanied by the padding of feet and she quickly stood up straight, not wanting to be the one to show weakness in front of Kakashi. She must have stood up a little too fast as she felt her world spinning and had to grab the bench to steady herself, hearing Kakashi’s concerned voice “Are you alright?” She faked a smile, silently dissapointed he wasn't gripping his head in a world of pain and agitation from the night before “I’m fine.” He looked unconvinced and looked at her suspiciously “Something’s wrong.” He waited for a response, she seemed zoned out and was staring, eyes unfocused and face blank. She felt cold, but there was sweat beading on her forehead and she was zoning out, her circle of vision was getting smaller, darkness ebbing in around the outsides. She vaguely registered his face moving, shadows dancing around the edges of where his mouth would be, if it weren’t for his mask, but her mind wouldn’t register anything and she didn’t hear a thing he said. The darkness ebbing around the edges of her vision finally took over and she blacked out.

----------

“Hello?” His eyebrow arched as she ignored him, totally spaced out. He panicked for a second and then jumped forwards as her legs buckled. He broke her fall and caught her. Supporting her weight, his arms under hers he hoisted her up so he was holding her bridal style and took her to his bedroom when he found she wasn't going to wake anytime soon, placing her within the sheets before placing hand on her forehead. He was surprised at how hot she felt, concluding it as a fever and he left to soon return with a damp cloth, placing it over her forehead lightly.

He was in a dilemma. He had been ordered to keep her in sight at all times and he had to go meet his students in a half hour and she couldn’t go out in her condition. He had to get someone to watch her while he was out. He pondered a bit before setting his hands into a couple of seals, disappearing in a puff of smoke. He had returned a few minutes later with a messy looking Tsundae. It seems that she had hardly been up and was standing in the room with a fresh cup of coffee in her hand, she stepped forwards slowly, yawning and sat down next to the bed, placing a hand on the younger girls forehead, pulling back quickly at the temperature. Eyeing Kakashi wairly and she tried to not feel irritated at the Jounin for waking her for something so small. "She has a fever." He caught the boredom she had put into her voice, afterall it wasn't something new to the medic nin. "I know that. What should i do?" She shrugged "Not much. She'll sleep alot and she'll need these for the pain" She threw him a small container containing a few pills. 'She must carry these everywhere with her for such things' he read the label on the container. "She won't be able to train for a few days so just keep her in bed. She won't be hungry, but try to feed her anyway." Uh oh, big problem. "I can't leave her here alone and i've got my students to teach." She smiled, this was the perfect opportunity to pay him back for waking her so damn early in the morning. "Not my problem." And she was gone. He glared at the steam rising from where she had stood only moments ago. 'What am i going to do now?'

---------

He had stumbled upon his solution purely by accident. Gai's team were walking down the street in the opposite direction he was walking. He was reading his book at the time, secretly even from himself to find a solution to his problem in there, but had been hailed by Tenten, greeting him a wonderful goodmorning. He looked up noticing that Gai himself was not present. "Yo. Where is Gai?" Lee pounced on this question, mini fires burning in his eyes "Gai-Sensei left early this morning to the training fields to work off his loss last night!" Neji hardly noticed they had stopped walking and was looking to the blue morning sky. Kakashi poofed away yet again after waving goodbye to the trio and appeared again in the training grounds, a few metres from where Gai himself was doing one fingered pushups. There were a number of things piled onto his back to make it harder. There were rocks, bags containing god-knows-what (probably more rocks?), a log and other random things. He lifted his palm as his official greeting. "Yo." Gai wobbled but quickly gained his composure from being so startled "That hip entrance won't fool me, eternal rival, Kakashi!" He continued to push up against the ground and then let himself down once again. "Have you come to challenge me?" He grunted through the push up. "Actually, i figured seeing as i won last night i could get you to do a little something for me. Perhaps look after someone for me?" Gai jumped up, all items flying away at the force of his sudden outburst. Kakashi cringed, as Gai was oblivious to the fact that one of the larger rocks had flown through a house window not too far away. " Oh Kakashi, the way your revolutionized words move me cannot make me refuse such a simple offer to help someone in need! I, Gai, will use my youthful ways to assist in anyway possible for it is my duty as a-"He stopped mid sentence when Kakashi butt "Great! I have to go so drop in at my house soon. Ritsuko is sleeping so be quiet and ah... Try not to brake anything.." He said simply, immediately poofing away from the scene. Gai bit his lip as tears of admiration flowed down his face "Oh rival Kakashi, your youthful approach to everything astounds me. I will beat you, yet!" He heard a voice from afar "Gai-sensei!!" He turned, knowing exactly who it was, overwhelming joy gracing his face "Lee!!" The bowl cut boy was racing towards him at full speed "Gai-Sensei!!!!"

And upon this even the author turn her head away, unable to bear the fact she was writing this into her story, face flushing with embarrassment. But alas this embarrassing scene between student and teacher continued on and she regretted even thinking about putting this ridiculous show of human affection in it. But then for no reason what so ever (or so she says *whack!* ..itai...), the author skipped everything that happened from here to jump straight to Kakashi's house, where Gai had just arrived, waving away whiffs of smoke as he looked around eagerly, ready to out-do care taking better than Kakashi ever could comprehend.

----------

Kakashi had been late as per usual. He spent too much time at that grave and her knew it, but somehow he always ended back up there, not even realizing it until it was way too late which was meant in two contexts. Too late to get away before he got there and bring back the memories of his arrogance driven childhood and too late in the way that he would have been standing there for hours before realizing and then be late for anything he had planned for that day. And so he greeted his students with a grin, the palm of his hand facing them in greeting, calling out his usual hello of “Yo!” It was quickly ignored as Sakura and Naruto who stood fuming at the fact he was late once again while Sasuke stood leaning against the railing of the bridge, finding the flowing currents of the river very intriguing. "Ma, aren't we gloomy today?" He knew he was pushing it when a vein on Sakuras forehead started to bulge and Naruto had settled for a more sullen sulky approach. "Why can you never be on time Kakashi-Sensei?" Naurto crossed his arms glaring silently at their teacher who was supposed to be setting a good example for them. So much for that.

"I had to find someone to look after Ritsuko" Sakura jumped to try to find another lie "Why would you need to find someone to look after her? She's an talented young girl, i'm sure she would be able to look after herself" All three of his student waited patiently, yes, even Sasuke was interested to see if they caught him out. His eyes glancing over, even though they looked totally blank, he was paying attention. He prepared for victory with his fully logical explanation "She was sick this morning and passed out in the kitchen. I had to put her to bed and then i got Tsundae-Sama to have a look at her and i got Gai to watch her for me" He said simply. They eyed him wairly, hoping to see something in his eyes that would indicate that he was fibbing even in the tiniest detail. He inwardly sighed when they had excepted his explaination.

Sakura turned he back and started walking towards the training grounds and the others followed and just then Naruto piped up."But. If thats the case why were you still four hours late, Kakashi-Sensei?" He stopped walking then. Sasuke looked at Naruto in amazement in finding the loop hole in Kakasi's explaination. Sakura could been seen twitching 'uh oh' She whriled around, finger pointing accusingly and a dangerous look in her eyes "YOU!!"

Kakashi sighed. This was going to be a long day...

----------

I'm so sorry this took so damn long. I had a bit of a case of writers block and i spent my blocked time reading other peoples fanfictions to help me back and i guessed it worked as i was able to pump out this next chapter. I've also had some trouble with getting some school work done. Its nearing the end of Year 12 and they're heaping the work on with all the ephasis on studying now so chapters will be very irregular, depending on what time i can spare to get something done. Well anyways, thanks those couple of people for their support, it's really nice knowing there someone that likes what you write. If you have any suggestions feel free to post them in your review. Well Ja Ne.