Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ The Song of the Forgotten ❯ Sweet Embraces ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Here's another chapter of Song of the Forgotten. Sorry for the lack of updates. I have a lot of current projects and it would be wonderful if I could get them down.
 
Here's a list of my current projects:
 
Mission: Freak Out Kakashi - Writing on it.
Lessons in Shinobi Love - Half way finished, actually.
A Tale of Two Pirates- Only up to chapter 5.
Fragment of Life II- 3 more chapters and it will be finished.
Hidden Affections- 2 more chapters and it will be done.
Erasing the Pain- 8 more chapters and it will be done.
 
Anyway, please read and enjoy!
 
 
 
 
Song of the Forgotten
 
Chapter 3: Sweet Embraces
 
By: Melissa Norvell
 
:::
 
 
Sakura leaned in and before Iruka had any time to protest, gave him a kiss. The man blushed and a thousand thoughts went whizzing through his head. He used to teach Sakura at the academy and had known her since she had become a genin. It was all so strange and during the course of time that they had been on the same team, he never knew that she had those types of feelings towards him.
 
Maybe it was a spur of the moment thing.
 
Maybe she was just desperate for someone to comfort her in her time of depression. When he truly thought about it, it didn't seem that wrong. He didn't kiss her back, but he didn't pull apart either. Dark eyes looked around and noticed that his hands were still on her face. Their bodies were still close together.
 
The kiss itself had so much emotion in it. He could feel all of her emotions: sadness, disparity, insecurity and mourning of her dead team mate and the failed mission.
 
Their lips parted for a few moments, allowing her to speak.
 
“Iruka-sensei…”
 
With all of the thoughts reeling through the depths of his mind, Iruka found it hard to say anything to her. After a few minutes, he found the ability to speak again. “S-Sakura…” He let out her name in almost a whisper.
 
“Please…”
 
He blinked as his mind processed her request long before she could even finish the sentence. He both dreaded and wanted her to ask him that question. So many emotions were running inside of his body. It was becoming hard to control what exactly he was thinking anymore.
 
Iruka hadn't felt anything for anyone in a long time. But strangely he felt something for Sakura at the moment, and he felt odd that he didn't seem to find it wrong at the moment.
 
“Kiss me…”
 
She had done it.
 
Sakura had completed the sentence with those words.
 
This seemed to snap the man back into reality a little as his mind began to scold him for what he was about to do. He could hear his thoughts berating him, saying things like `she was your student!' or `how could you!? Get your head on straight! You're a teacher!' But the other half of his mind replied with `But she isn't your student anymore and she needs you. Who knows? You might even need her…'
 
The dark haired man began to grow nervous as the two sides of his mind fought for control over his speech and actions.
 
“But Sakura…” He let out in a shaky voice.
 
Then soon found that he was mentally slapping himself for protesting.
 
“Don't be afraid…”
 
She made it sound so convincing.
 
And the sad thing about it is that it was working.
 
The pink haired girl was now so close that he could feel her breath on his face, warming his flushed skin. He swallowed hard and could feel something hard within the pit of his stomach. He shut his eyes slowly, inching toward her face and ignoring his raging thoughts. Their lips met, and it was odd mostly because of their acquaintance prior to the kiss. Neither one of them seemed to mind, and threw their inhibitions to the side.
 
The kiss was only a few minutes long, but it seemed like an eternity for the both of them. Somehow, Iruka didn't feel as depressed after that moment. A new sensation swept over him and he felt an odd tingle wipe over most of his body.
 
Viridian orbs locked on dark ones, and he found it hard to concentrate much less speak. The right side of his brain had won over the left and he let out a small yet sad smile to the figure across from him.
 
“Don't be sad, Sakura…”
 
He was wondering how he got the strength to even say that, much less where the hell it came from.
 
“Iruka-sensei-“
 
“You can just call me Iruka.”
 
She blinked at him. “Okay, Iruka.”
 
Why he wanted her to stop using the honorific now was beyond him at the moment, but he didn't think too hard on it.
 
“I need you. I don't know what to do…” Stubborn tears hung to the corners of her eyes.
 
“You know, I don't really know what to do either. It's ha-“ He paused in mid sentence and blushed as he felt lips close to his. “Saku…” He couldn't even finish her name. After the pause, he was kissed again.
 
Moments passed where he didn't kiss back, but he soon gave in and closed his eyes, kissing her gently. Her lips were soft and supple. As they kissed, he could feel small wet spots hit his gloved hands.
 
Tears.
 
Sakura's tears.
 
He momentarily pulled away from the kiss to kiss her tears away. Iruka could feel slender arms wrap around him in a tight embrace.
 
“We still have each other, Sakura…”
 
She sniffled in response.
 
“I'll…” He paused. She didn't want him to protect her. Sakura wanted him to care…But he wasn't sure what exactly this was…Was it some build up of feelings, a one night stand? Or was it something more, something deeper and long lasting. There was no way to tell, but it wasn't going to stop him from saying whatever came to his mind at the moment. Explanations would come later.
 
“I'll…”
 
And yet he couldn't find it within himself to say it.
 
Big, green eyes looked up at him and shone with sadness, glossed by tears. “You'll what?”
 
“I'll dry your tears. Don't cry, Sakura. I'm here.” This time it was Iruka who got close to her face. It didn't matter to her, she accepted him. As soon as their lips brushed, he spoke.
 
“Shouldn't we go inside? We're making a scene.” He aid as his lips brushed against hers.
 
“Ok…” She replied back.
 
They both went into the house, and didn't make it very far before they were kissing again. After what seemed like half an hour, the two's mixed feelings settled more and bravery began to rise within them.
 
Iruka couldn't remember how, but they ended up in his room, lying on the ground. Hands began to roam over his body, which caused him to blush. He needed this, no matter what his mind said to put him down. He wouldn't go back on his word. Iruka wanted to make her happy.
 
It didn't matter if it was a one night stand; the only fact that mattered is that she was happy. He could feel lips, running down his neck and across his collarbone. The dark haired man wrapped one arm around his team mate and when her face was in his view, kissed her. This time he had no regrets.
 
This felt right, and his mind would not protest this time.
 
Hand roamed, kisses were planted and even a few articles of clothing were removed. For that instant in time, the two forgot about the pain they were feeling and welcomed this new sensation. After what seemed like hours, the two lay one the floor.
 
Iruka's back was pressed against the floor, with Sakura lying atop of him. The two were both breathing heavily and a thin layer of sweat was covering their bodies.
 
Slender arms hooked under his arm pits and pressed his body more into her insecurely. Sakura could hear the acceleration of his heart as she rested her head gently on his chest.
 
Neither one of them spoke for what seemed like an eternity. Iruka wasn't even really sure if Sakura was asleep.
 
Finally, he gathered the nerve to speak.
 
“Are you alright?” His voice was tired and calm.
 
“I don't know…” She replied.
 
“Do you regret ay of this?”
 
“No, do you?”
 
“Not exactly.” He wrapped his arms around her. “Do you feel better?”
 
“For now.”
 
“I know what you're saying.” He ran a hand through her hair comfortingly.
 
“What about you, Iruka?”
 
“For now…”
 
There was another silence, as the two's breathing descended and became normal. Sakura felt warm, almost a comfortable range of body heat. She closed her eyes and thought to herself for a few minuets, before she spoke up again.
 
“What did we just do?”
 
Iruka blinked, he could feel that nervous sensation overcome him. Pausing before he spoke he responded. “I…don't really know. What do you think it was?”
 
`What have I done? She's going to say that it was disgusting or something…I can feel it.' A panic rushed itself over the man's body and he felt as if he should flee, rather then hear what she had to say. It was a moment of apprehension for him.
 
“Healing…” Sakura replied.
 
The panic was washed away with relief as Iruka spoke. “That wasn't the phrase I was expecting…”
 
“What would you call it then?” The girl asked lazily.
 
He blushed. “Making out…”
 
He mentally slapped himself for being so direct.
 
“I guess it was…” Sakura let out a tired laugh.
 
“At least you laughed.” Iruka smiled, feeling quite accomplished at that feat.
 
She looked up at him. “You look pretty happy yourself.”
 
“Because you're happy.”
 
“Iruka?”
 
“Yes, Sakura?”
 
“What are we?” Sakura asked.
 
 
TBC
 
A/N:Barely 6 pages, but I wanted to add a cliffhanger onto this little piece. I hope you all enjoyed this. I'll be updating a lot more frequently now that I know what I'm going to do with this little piece. Please review and tell me what you think!