Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ The Trouble of it All ❯ default chapter ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

I was in the mood for another short one. This one takes place right after a very recent chapter in the manga (ch. 247, I think). Comments welcome.
 
 
The Trouble of it All
 
 
He had waited until they were at the outskirts of the village to quietly apologize. “After all,” he argued, “Naruto would have been so loud. And it would have been too troublesome.”
 
Apparently, that had been the wrong thing to say. Her response was to punch him in the arm. It hurt. He rubbed his arm and tried again.
 
“Did they really need to know? You shouldn't have gone along with it if you didn't want to.”
 
She punched him again. And then grinned.
 
“No, they don't have to know.”
 
He stopped, but only because she had. They had reached the gates.
 
“Temari…”
 
“Shikamaru, shut up.” She cornered him into one of the walls and gave him a wicked smile. It made him feel like he was her toy...but he didn't really mind. “No one has to know.”
 
He closed his eyes with a sigh. “You're too troublesome,” he muttered.
 
The blonde leaned in, until her breath skittered across his throat. “And yet you still like me.”
 
He cracked one eye open and sighed wearily. Her hand held his cheek and he found his arm had somehow landed on her hip. “You know,” he said, as she kissed him lightly. “we need to say goodbye.”
 
“I know.”
 
“And you're really not pissed off?”
 
She stopped, and he found himself missing her lips. “Nope. No one at home knows about us either. So we're even, ne`?”
 
“Aa.”
 
She kissed him again.
 
He liked the way she tasted.
 
And she was worth all the trouble.