Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ The Young And The Hopeless ❯ Squad Seven's Enemy; hatake Kakashi! ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
[02] The Young And The Hopeless [Squad Seven's Enemy; Hatake Kakashi!]

"He's late." Naruto stated, looking out the door every which way. Takyua sat on the window sill, ignoring everything that had happened earlier. She also was ignoing Naruto, Sasuke and Sakura.

"Naruto! Why don't you just sit still?" Sakura suggested.

"I don't wanna!" Naruto snapped back. "Why is our sensei the only one who's late? All the other groups went somewhere with their new senseis already an Iruka-sensei already went home!" Naruto complained.

"That's not very important." Sakura said. There was a thunk, as if someone was standing on something. "Hey! What are you doing Naruto?!" Sakura exclaimed, looking at her male blond teammate. Naruto giggled to himself as he lodged and eraser into the door.

"It's his fault for being late!" he said happily, jmping off the stool he was standing on.

"Geez, it's your own fault if you get in trouble!" Sakura scolded. I love tricks like these! she thought.

"Hmph. A Jounin isn't going to fall for some petty little trick like that." Sasuke chimed in.

"That's right! You're so stupid, Naruto!" Sakura agreed. A gloved hand slid itself in the crack of the door, and the eraser ploped down on a silver haired Jounin. Naruto burst out laughing and pointed at the Jounin.

"He fell for it! He fell for it!" he cackled.

"Gomenasai, sensei! I tried to stop Naruto-kun, but he didn't listen!" Sakura said, suckin up to the Jounin. O-kay! she thought.

"Haruno, stop lying! We all know you didn't try to stop Uzumaki, so stop sucking up!" Takyua shouted, getting off the window sill and walking over to Sasuke's desk and sitting on it.

Is this guy really a Jounin? Sasuke wondered, hiding his face slightly. Tha Jounin picked up the eraser, with Naruto and Sakura smiling. The Jounin looked deep in thought as he held his chin with the hand that wasn't holding th eraser.

"Hmm... how should I say this? My first impressions of you four are... he blond boy is an idiot, the pink haired girl is a suck up, the quiet boy doubts those he doesn't know and the blond girl is the same as the quiet boy, so naturally... I hate you four." he said, causing depression to fall onto the four Genin.

~:+:~ ~:+:~ ~:+:~ ~:+:~

"Alright, introduce yourselves." the Jounin said, leaning on the academy's rooftop railing.

"Introduce ourselves...? What do we say?" Sakura asked. The Jounin shrugged.

"What you like, what you hate, your dreams, and hobbies. Something like that." he replied.

"Ano sa! Ano sa! Why don't you go first, sensei?" Naruto suggested. The Jounin pointed to himself.

"Oresa? I'm Hatake Kakashi. I have no intention of telling you my likes and dislikes." he said.

"Eh?!"

"As for my dream... I have a few hobbies." Kakashi said. Sakura narrowed her eyes and looked at Naruto.

"All we learned was his name." she said. Naruto nodded in agreement.

"Now it's your turn. You first." Kakashi said, pointing at Naruto.

"I'm Uzumaki Naruto! I like cup ramen! But I like the ramen that Iruka-sensei got me from Ichiraku even more! I hate the three minutes you have to wait after pouring in the hot water. My hobby is to eat and compare cup ramen! I also like to pull pranks! And my dream is to be greater than all the Hokages! I'm going to make the villagers recognize my existance!" Naruto exclaimed happily. Kakashi raised an eyebrow.

I see. He grew up in an interesting way. Kakashi thought. "Hai, sugi." Kakashi said lazily.

"I'm Haruno Sakura! I like... well the person I like is..." Sakura glanced at Sasuke and blushed. "Uh, my hobby is..." Another glance at Sasuke. "My dream is..." A third glance at Sasuke. Sakura let out a high-pitched squeal, causing Takyua to jump and grip the ground below her fearfully.

"And...? What do you hate?" Kakashi asked.

"Naruto and Takyua!" Sakura shouted, causing Naruto to cry dramatically while Takyua shrugged, calming down a bit. Kakashi sighed as Sakura kept glancing at Sasuke.

Girls her age are more interested in love than ninja trainng. Kakashi thought, letting his visible eye wander over to Sasuke. "Alright, the last boy." Kakashi said, causing Sakura to giggle.

"Nawa... Uchiha Sasuke. The only thing I actually like is sparring and training, other than that, I hate everything." Sasuke said with no emotion. Sakura's face fell. "Also, I have an ambition that I have no intention of keeping as a dream. The revival of my clan... and the death of a certain man." Sasuke finished. Everything grew eerily calm as three of the five shinobi looked at Sasuke.

I hope he's not referring to me! Naruto thought, turning a bit blue. Sakura blushed, thining about he "revival of my clan" part.

Sasuke-kun is so cool! she thought. Takyua smiled, knowing full well who the man was.

I know who the man is, since he and his friends murdered my parents for a scroll they were in charge of guarding. she thought.

Just as I thought. Kakashi thought, turning his gaze onto Takyua. "And finally, the blond girl." he said.

"Watashi nawa... Akyuzhou Takyua. My likes are training and sparring while my dislikes are almost everything else. My hobbies are training, sparring and making sure my weapons aren't blunted or dull. They're ineffective if they are. My dream is not a dream. I have vowed to destroy a certain group of people for murdering my parents for a secret document Hokage-sama left in the care of my family." Takyua said, narrowing her eyes at the thought of the Akatsuki.

I wonder who she wants to destroy... Naruto wondered, blushing slightly.

A group of people...? Those must be the people she was talking about when she was yelling at me! Sakura realized, feeling guilty.

The person I want to kill is mixed in with those people. That's why we train together. But I never heard her say this much about herself. Sasuke thought.

Akatsuki... Kakashi thought. "You four are unique, and that's good. We're going to begin a mission starting tomorrow." he said. Naruto's mood suddenly changed as he saluted.

"What kind of mission is it, sensei?" he asked.

"It's something that the five of us can do together." Kakashi replied.

"Nani nani nani nani nani?" Naruto asked, leaning forward.

"...Survival training." Kakashi replied.

"Survival training?" Naruto questioned.

"Why are we going to train if it's a mission?" Sakura asked. "We had plenty of training at th academy!"

"This is no ordinary training." Kakashi said.

"The what kind of training is it?" Naruto asked. Kakashi chuckled.

"Hey, what's so funny, sensei?" Sakura asked.

"Well, if I say this, you're not going to like the answer!" Kakashi suddenly became serious. "Out of the twenty-nine graduates, a maximum of ten will be picked as Genin. The other nineteen will be sent back to the academy. This test has a dropout rate of atleast sixty-six percent!" Naruto and Sakura nearly died right then and there. "See? You guys are surprised!"

"No way! I went through so much... Then what was the final exam for?!" Naruto asked frantically.

"That? That was to see who was qualified to be a Genin." Kakashi said.

"Naaaaaaaaniiiii?!" Naruto excalimed.

"Anyways, tomorrow I'm going to determine whether you pass or fail tomorrow at the training grounds. Bring your ninja equipment and meet at five a.m!" Kakashi announced.

I'm not going to get dropped by a thing like this! I have to make him recognize my abilities-tebayo! Naruto thought.

If I fail this test, I'll be seperated from Sasuke-kun! This is a trial of love! Sakura thought uneasily. Sasuke narrowed his eyes and clasped his hands together.

I cannot fail here! If I'm sent back to the academy, it'll take me longer to defeat him! Sasuke thought. Takyua bit her lip.

I will not fail this mission! I won't get sent back to the academy! I'll look like a fool! The others will never let me live it down! she thought.

"Now then, meeting over. Oh yeah, don't eat breakfast. You're going to throw up if you do."