Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ There Is Always Hope ❯ Hope ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
 
 
Chapter 2
 
Do not own Naruto!
 
 
“Kai!” I shook the boy trying to awaken him. His eyes snapped open when I said his name his eyes full of panic and fear.
 
He stared at me for the longest time neither of us saying a word he finally blinked panic and fear replaced with recognition.
 
He still didn't say a word only stared at the mouth of the cave. “I'm going to find something to eat” I told him standing up, “you stay here.”
 
His head snapped up to look at me his eyes had went big as he stared to shake his head. “You can't they might be still out there!” I could see the panic in his eyes.
 
I smiled at him the best I could, “I'm a ninja Kai I can take care of myself.” I told him. His eyes lowered to the ground as he fell silent again I sighed and stared walking to the mouth of the cave.
 
“You will come back want you?” I herd Kai's little voice asks behind me, “yeah.” I answered not truly knowing if that was the truths are not.
 
As I walked out of the cave the sun light beamed down on me happily birds chirped little animals scurried around unseen.
 
No sign that a once great village had been destroyed less then seventy-two hours ago.
 
I listened to the surrounding forest for any human made noises when I felt it was safe enough I headed in search for food. After a few minutes I had found a river and decided to fish; after an hour I had only caught one fish but decided I should head back and not push my luck.
 
Once back at the cave Kai was standing outside, “you shouldn't stand out here someone might see you.” I told him he only nodded and headed back inside the cave.
 
I started to prepare the fish and making a fire the smoke rifting up threw the whole in the ceiling, I started to worry about someone seeing it but I couldn't stop it now.
 
I put the fish on then turned to Kai who had been silently watching I seen his head had stared to bleed again I looked around some type of bandage the medic in me taking over.
 
I seen a roll sitting beside a brown bag I guessed was Kai's. I picked it up and walked towards him he just stared at me in confusion into I stared to rap his head. I finished and checked on the fish it was almost finished.
 
“We have to leave here.” I told him. I glanced over at him he was looking at the mouth of the cave again. “Are, are going to wait on your bother?” I asked I knew he knew his brother was dead, but I couldn't make him do something he didn't want to do.
 
He didn't answer me, I cut the fish in half and gave him half he took it and we both started eating. “I'll go with you.”
 
He spoke softly I said nothing just finished off my fish. I waited into night to tell Kai we where leaving he said nothing but picked up his bag.
 
We left the cave heading south opposite of Kohana I knew if we headed that way we would most likely run into some Sound ninjas. We walked at night in the day we hide and sleep. We finally reached a village on the third day.
 
The streets were filled with people even though it was the middle of night. Some people stared at our appearances others just looked away quickly.
 
I looked down at Kai his blue pajama outfit dirty and torn, I was sure I looked much worse. “Kai do you have any money?” I asked him he nodded and took off his bag and started to rummage threw it after a few minutes he finally held out a small money bag.
 
I took it and poured the money into my palm to count it. There wasn't much but still enough, I looked around for a cloths shop and found one that was still open.
 
I took Kai's hand and started towards it when inside it was small but still cozy as a store could be I found a cheap green shirt and brown pants for Kai and a cheap shirt for me my pants still seemed alright just small cuts and a few blood stains.
 
I bought them then took Kai to a Raman shop my eyes filling with tears with the memory of a Raman loving teammate and friend. We started to eat our Raman as I thought of where we would sleep tonight we didn't have enough money for that.
 
“Did you hear about Kohana?” A man asked another a table away from us.
 
“Yeah it's a shame that demand sound village teaming up with Akasuki to take out the strongest ninja village in fire nation!” the man said angrily.
 
“You better not let anyone hear you say that you now they have guards all around here ever sense they destroyed Kohana, Sound and Akasuki are getting stronger. Have you herd they've taken over almost all the nations?”
 
The other man made a snorting sound “ yeah and how they make us carry around these stupid papers to make sure were not from any of those ninja villages!” the man shouted getting the attention of the whole shop.
 
My head snapped to the paper he was waving around a stamp on it the sign of the sound village and Akasuki on it. “Shit!” I hissed out through my teeth as sound guards rushed into the shop surrounding the still yelling man.
 
I reached across the table and griped Kai's hand pulling towards the back of the shop towards the bathrooms I herd one of the guards shout something about checking everyone's papers.
 
Making me walk a little faster trying not to be noticed, Finally we reached the women's bathroom and I closed the door tightly behind Kai. I pulled out Kai cloths handing them to a shaking Kai, “put them on quickly.”
 
I told him I pulled out my own shirt taking off my torn bloody one and putting on the new one. Once we were done I looked around the small bathroom into I saw a window big enough for both of us to slip threw. “Go out the window hurry up!”
 
I rushed Kai he climbed up on the toilet to get threw the window once he was threw I pulled my self threw the window.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Yay finished! Review please