Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Three again ❯ Chapter 4: "Where's Gaw-ah when ya need him?" ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Three Again
Chapter 4: "Where's Gaw-ah when ya need him?"
 
Kankurou grumbled to himself as he got in line at the checkout. Sakura had brought Sasuke, Shino, Hinata, Lee and Kiba (with Akamaru) back to the house saying she saved them from crazy people who stole them from him.
 
Kankurou and Temari: "..."
 
A few minutes' later kina, Kakashi, Tsume, and Gai came looking like they were about to kill something. Temari told him to do the shopping while she handled it. Kankurou hated shopping, but he really didn't want to deal with the enraged leaf nins right now.
He looked up at the checkout next to the one he was in and froze. A young girl stood there smiling, waiting patiently for the man to ring up her purchases. She had long black hair and bright blue eyes. His eyes followed her as she left the store with her bags. Kankurou snapped out of his daze and hurriedly paid the cashier and ran out of the store to look for her. However Kankurou was not that lucky and she was gone. Shoulders slumped miserably he trudged home.
Gaara was rolling around on the grass out front waiting impacently for Naruto to come home when Kankurou walked through the gate. He sat down next to him and dropped his bags.
"You're not going to believe this," Kankurou informed him as Gaara sat up. "If I give you a cookie will you listen?"
Gaara nodded and Kankurou took out a box of cookies from one of the bags and handed the whole thing to Gaara.
“Ok. I was getting stuff at the store and I saw this girl at the checkout next to mine. God, she was gorgeous!" (Gets a dreamy look on his face as he pictured her) "She had black hair and blue eyes, with the prettiest smile! I felt like I was walking on clouds when I saw her." he came out of his daydream and looked down at Gaara. "Pretty cool huh?"
"Open," Gaara held the box that he had been trying to open up to him.
"You weren't listening to a thing I said, were you?" Kankurou said with a glare, opening the box and handing it back to him.
"You saw a pretty girl at the store," Gaara said, reaching in to get a cookie.
"Yep." Cue La La land.
"Prettier then Tewari-niisan?" Gaara asked munching on a cookie.
"Temari is not pretty." Kankurou said.
"She is too!" Gaara insisted. (All little brothers think their sisters and mom are the prettiest things in the world. It's so kawaii! Phoenix (nods knowingly) I have one)
“Kamaru (Shikamaru) thinks she's pretty too." Gaara said.
"Fine, fine. MUCH prettier," Kankurou told him. Gaara looked like he just got the shock of his life. "I hope I can see her again."
"Kankurou?" Temari poked her head out. "Can you bring in those groceries?"
Kankurou sighed and stood, getting the bags and carrying them inside. Gaara stayed outside, eating his cookies thinking. Reaching in his pocket, he pulled out his crayon drawings. Then he got up and walked out of the yard, carrying his box of cookies.

"GAARAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Temari ran out of one room then ran into another going through every nook and crany. Running out she went into another room screaming for her little brother. Kankurou opened the coat closet on the first floor. Seeing no one, he closed it then turned to the ninja-turned-three-year-olds standing in a row.
"Alright, Gaara's missing," Kankurou, told them pacing in front of them like a sergeant. "He was last seen out side therefore might still be out side in the village. I want you to spread out and find him. This is a mission, ok?" general nods followed. "Go!" The kids ran outside and scattered.
Shikamaru groaned as he came out of the kitchen where he had been searching. Temari could be heard in the background screaming for Gaara. "Damn brat..." he mumbled.
Temari ran down the stairs and flung her arms around Shikamaru, sobbing on his shoulders. "He's gone!!!"
"He can take care of himself," Shikamaru assured her, giving her a pat.
"No he can't! He's only three and he can't take care of himself!" she sobbed.
“ SIGH!! "Let's go outside and look for him, ok?" Shikamaru said.
She nodded and he led her out the front door as the three year olds came running in the back.
"Kank-woah!!" Neji called running in.
"Did you find him?" Kankurou asked.
They all shook their heads.
"What? Then why are you back?" Kankurou asked.
"We got yelled at and sent home," Kiba told him.
"They said we were not safe," Neji added.
Kankurou cursed under his breath about idiotic leaf nins and useless three year olds. Just then the front door opened and who should step in, but Gaara still carrying his box of cookies.
"Where the hell have you been!?!" Kankurou fumed.
"I brought you a present," Gaara said pointing at the door.
"See?" he opened the door the rest of the way revealing the girl Kankurou saw in the store (how Gaara actually found her amoung the countless thousands of girls in Konoha with only the crayon drawing is beyond me).
Kankurou: O.o !!!!!!
He turned and shoved all the kids down into the basement and shut the door. Gaara, not wanting to be put in the basement where it was dark and where he was absolutely certain that the gremlins from Gremlins and the trolls and werewolves from Harry Potter were hiding waiting for unsuspecting prey (notice he gives no concern for his friends. The thought hadn't crossed his mind), shuffled into the kitchen and sat down at the table.
Kankurou smiled shyly at the girl who also smiled back. "I'm Kankurou, sorry about my brother."
"Oh, it's ok. He's really cute," she said, smiling a bit wider. "I'm Kyu."
They talked for a little while. Temari came into the back door with Shikamaru. "Gaara!" she cried running over to him and embracing him. "Where have you been?"
"Outside." Gaara said
"Where'd you get those cookies?" she asked as he shoved one of the last two cokkies in him mouth. He held the last one out for her. (bribe) She sighed and took it from him. "Where'd you get 'em?"
"Um.....no where," he answered.
"Who gave them to you?" Temari asked
"Not Kank-whoa!" Gaara said.
Temari's eyes narrowed. "I see." she looked at the door to the living room. Gaara noticed this and jumped in front of her.
"No! Kank-whoa's talking to the pretty lady he saw that the store!" Gaara said.
"Be still my sand! Kankurou's talking to a girl?!" Temari asked
"I found her for him." Gaara said.
"....." 'uh-oh..' Temari and Gaara glanced into the living room as Kankurou said good-bye to Kyu and shut the door behind her.
Dead silence.
Kankurou turned slowly and deliberately to face Gaara. A chill ran down the redhead's spine. Kankurou made a rush at his little brother who screamed and ran behind Temari.
"Kankurou, he thought he was helping!" Temari cried as Kankurou tried to grab Gaara around her.
"That was not helpful!" Kankurou snapped to her, catching Gaara's sleeve and dragging him out from behind her.
Temari pulled him off Gaara and turned to her youngest brother. "Go sit on my bed for a bit Gaara, ok?"
Gaara ran up to the stair but stopped half way and sat to listen.
"What the hell do you think your doing?!" she was saying.
"I wanna know what he was thinking," came Kankurou's reply.
"Kankurou, he's three! He thought he was helping you." Temari said.
"Temari, he's Gaara. He has never, ever, done anything helpful to either of us." Kankurou said.
Temari didn't respond for a while. There was an angry silence. "At least he's trying."
"Well, his 'trying' sucks. That was really embarrassing for me!" kankurou said.
'I'm sorry Kankurou, but he didn't know it would embarrass you." Temari said.
"I don't care! He's been ruining my life ever since he was born! I can't stand being around him anymore." Kankurou came out of the kitchen to go up the stair to his room with Temari behind him. Both stopped short when they saw Gaara sitting on the stairs. Gaara didn't look at them; he just stood and walked back down the stairs and out the back door. "Shit..." Kankurou mumbling, remembering his little resolution.

Ok. on to the funny part..
Lee, Sasuke, and Kiba slammed their shoulders in the door again. No success. Kankurou had accidentally locked the door when he closed it. He also forgot to turn the light on. Their eyes had only just begun to slightly adjust. Sakura, Chouji, and Hinata were huddled together with Neji who was 'protecting them' from the dark. Shino was crouching in the corners staring at the little bug that was crawling across the floor.
Lee stomped down the stairs with Kiba. "Gaw-ah could knock the door down with his sand." Lee told Kiba.
Kiba began pacing the room. How dare they lock him up? "Where's Gaw-ah when ya need him?!"
SQUISH!!!
"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-" gasps for breath "-OOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!" Shino screamed, knocking Kiba away. He bent down and scooped up the remains of his squashed and diseased little friend. "My widdle friend!" he sobbed, squeakily. "He's been smushed!"
Death glare at Kiba. "I...um...err… ah.... I sorry." Kiba stammered. Bugs began surrounding Kiba like a menacing army. Shino charged at Kiba who ran screaming for his life. "I SORRYYY!!!!!!!!!!"