Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Three again ❯ Chapter Five: Brothers unite ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Three Again
Chapter Five: Brothers unite
Temari discovered the trapped three year olds in the basement when Kiba's screams of terror reached the kitchen. She opened the door and ran down, turning the light on as she went down. Kiba jumped into her arms screaming like a maniac with all of hell after him. With the lights on the kidified shinobi looked around and saw Shino's vast army of menacing bugs crawling in their great mass across the floor. Neji screamed.
"IT'S A GREMLIN!!!! GAW-AH WAS RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Neji abandoned his protecting job (that job description stated that he was to protect them from the dark. It said nothing about gremlins). Sasuke heard the warning and also freaked out. Both boys leapt into Temari's arms screaming about gremlins.
Temari ran up the stairs with the three boys still clinging to her with Shino chasing them.
"Kankurou!!! Help!!!!" Temari yelled.
She ran into the living room where Kankurou was.
Kankurou looked up from where he was being miserable in the corner. He saw Shino and the screaming boys. "Knock it off guys."
They all stopped instantly.
"When did they see Gremlins?!" she demanded as she put the boys down.
"When you were out 'shopping'." Lee said.
"Kank-woah! My bug!!" Shino ran up to him and showed him the squashed bug.
Pause. "Oh...that sucks..." Kankurou said,
"Kiwa killed him!!" Shino said, with tears.
"It's ok, Shino-kun. We'll have a nice funeral for him later alright?" Temari tolded him trying to calm him down.
Sniff. "Ok."

Jiraiya brought Naruto home not long after the bug incident. He was very reluctant to do so, but Naruto really wanted to go home and see his friends. Naruto had spent the whole time calling Jiraiya "Old Guy" which in Jiraiya's mind was better then Ero-sennin. However, after a while he began to miss Naruto calling him that so he told Naruto to call him Ero-sennin instead. Which he did, just always at the wrong time, like when he was speaking to a pretty girl.
Jiraiya knocked on the door, and Shikamaru answered it.
“Hello?” Shikamaru said.
“Here, Take him from me!” Jiraiya said, shoving Naruto into Shikamaru.
“What did Naruto do?” Shikamaru asked.
“NARUTO IS A MENACE! HE DESTROYED EVERYTHING IN MY HOUSE AND THEN HE TOOK ME ON TO A WILD GOOSE CHASE, AROUND THE VILLAGE! NARUTO WAS ALSO DESTROYING STORES, MALLS, SHOPPING STORES AND HE SCARED THE SHIT OUT OF PEOPLE!” Jiraiya yelled.
Shikamaru looked at Naruto, who just smiled back at him.
“GRRR… IF I HAVE TO BABY SIT THAT DEVIL AGAIN, I'LL KILL HIM!” Jiraiya yelled, before leaving.
Shikamaru shut the door, and put Naruto down. He bent down to Naruto's level.
“Naruto please don't drive the babysitters insane! Now got to the backyard and play with Gaara!” Shikamaru said.
Naruto nodded and ran to the backyard.

"Hi Gaw-ah!" Naruto called when he saw his friend sitting next to a tree. He stopped short when Gaara only gave him a tiny smile and halfhearted wave. "What's wrong?"
"Kank-woah hates me." Gaara said.
"No he doesn't!" Naruto said plopping down in front of him.
"He told Tewari he hates me." Gaara said.
Naruto thought for a while then answered, "Maybe he was having a bad day?" Gaara shrugged and didn't respond.
"Gaara!" Temari poked her head outside. "You wanna come in now?"
Gaara shook his head.
"Kankurou's not mad anymore, I promise!" Temari said.
Gaara shook his head.
Temari sighed and went back in. "He's really upset!" she told Shikamaru.
"I'd be to if my favorite person in the world told me he can't stand me." Shikamaru said pointedly at the depressed puppet user in the corner, who was torn between being upset with Gaara and being upset that Gaara was upset that he was upset. It was a very complicated process. What a horrible brother he was, to say he couldn't stand his little brother...what a horrible brother Gaara was, to bring Kyu here with no warning...but he was helping. But that was embarrassing. He didn't know. I yelled at him.... (See what I mean by complicated)
Three hours later (about 7 PM)...
"Gaara, please come in it's almost time for dinner," Temari called.
Gaara shook his head.
"Are you going to stay out here all night?!" Temari asked.
Gaara Shrugged. "..."
Temari groaned. "Naruto," she called to the blond genin who was faithfully sitting with his upset friend. "Make him come in, please?" Temari watched as Naruto tried to convince him to do so, with little success. Temari shut the door and stormed into the living room.
"KANKUROU!!!!!" Temari yelled.
Everyone in the room jumped...except Kankurou who was muttering in the corner.
"Go talk to Gaara! He's going to stay out there all night!" she said.
No response. (Mumble mumble)
"KANKUROU!!!!!!" Temari hit him across the head with her fan that randomly appeared out of nowhere.
"But, he's upset about what I said and he wont believe me if I tell him!" Kankurou insisted.
"Gaw-ah's upset?" Hinata cried, clutching her spoon that she stole from the dishwasher horrified.
Jumping up she, Ino, Akno, Rin, TenTen, Neji, Kiba, Shino (still clutching his bug), Sasuke, Sakura and Lee ran outside to help their distressed friend.
Two hours later (about 9 PM)
Gaara had decided that he wasn't hungry and stayed outside through dinner while the others went inside to eat, then Temari and Shikamaru wrestled them into their rooms and beds and turned the light out. For fear of gremlins creeping on the floor and other things of their imaginations, they laid perfectly still in their beds until they fell asleep.
Three hours later 12 midnight (Gaara's persistent isn't he?)
Gaara looked up when the lights went out in Temari's room. She was always the last one to go to sleep. The lights were off on the first floor too. He got up and decided to go in. He was hungry. Quietly, he opened the door and crept over to the fridge. Finding the remains of delivered pizza, opened a box and took a few of the cold slices out. He quickly shuffled past the basement door (the fear of gremlins still high on his mind) and went into the living room to sit on the sofa and watch some tv since he had nothing else to do. He was startled to see Kankurou on the sofa.
"Hi," Kankurou said with a small grin.
"Hi." Gaara said,
Ackward silence.
"Sorry," they both said. Gaara blinked when they spoke at the same time, then laughed. Kankurou grinned and sat up making room for Gaara.
"Wanna watch a movie?" Kankurou asked him as the little boy scrambled up on the sofa.
"Yeah!" Gaara answered taking a bite of pizza (pepperoni). "Not Gremlins!"
"Yeah, that was a bad movie to show you guys, wasn't it..." Kankurou looked over his vast array of movies. "Lord of the Rings, Japanese translation?"
"Ok!" Gaara said.

The next day Kankurou discovered that Lord of the Rings wasn't a good movie to show his three year old brother since now Gaara would walk past any large body of water without making Neji look through it with his Byakugan for the Watcher in the Water. And he now thought that putting on a ring made him invisible.
Story of Neji's Byakugan
Shikamaru groan as a band of mini ninja's ran at him chorusing: 'Kamaru! 'Kamaru!”
"What?" he asked looking down at them.
"Sowethiwg's wrong with Newi's eyes!!!" Naruto cried.
"What is he walking into walls? Does he need glasses?" (Funny mental picture for Shikamaru). "Don't you guys usually go to Kankurou with your problems?"
"But, but, but--"
Neji suddenly walked in holding one of Temari's hand mirrors, staring at his reflection.
"'Kamaru? Why you have a little box in your pocket?" Neji asked without looking at Shikamaru.
Shikamaru: O.o !!! 'How'd he know--' He stopped for a minute. Taking the mirror away from Neji's face he saw little veins around his eyes. 'Oh, crap...'
"You've got lines all in your head, 'Kamaru!" Neji stated, then began to tell everyone what they had for breakfast cause he could see in their stomaches.
'How very disturbing and troublesome...'
End of story

The three older ninjas decided to take the kids out for a walk up and down the streets of Konoha's main strip mall. They kept a close eye on them as they all scattered looking into different shop windows or playing with each other. Naruto had found a very pretty, shiny coin on the street and was showing it to Gaara. A man in a long dark coat suddenly stepped up to them.
"Uzumaki Naruto," he said.
"Hi," Naruto said looking up. They both stared up and the black haired man.
Gaara blinked and made an overexagerated motion of pointing at him. "Whoa!!! You look just like Sasuke!!"
"Naruto-kun, I need you to come with me," he said to Naruto.
"Who are you?" Naurto asked.
"My name is Uchiha Itachi," he answered.
"BWAHAHAHAHA!!!! What a funny name!" Naruto cried, laughing loudly.
His laughing caught Shikamaru's attention. He saw the man standing with them and grabbed Temari and Kankurou's shoulders. "It's Itachi!"
"Who?" they asked.
"Sasuke's older brother. He wants Naruto," Shikamaru told them. They gave him an odd look. "He's bad. Evil." They walked up to stand behind Naruto and Gaara. "What are you doing here Itachi?" Shikamaru demanded.
"I'm here for-" Itachi cut himself off when he felt a little 'tug-tug' on his coat. "Yes?" he glanced down at the black haired boy standed next to him.
"Hi." Sasuke said
"Hello." Itachi said.
"Something tells me I'm not s'pose to like you, but I don't know why," Sasuke said looking thoughtful. "I think (blink) I read it somewhere, but I don't know how to read so I don't know why."
"..................." Itachi stared at him then looked up. "Who's this kid?"
"I don't even know who you is" Sasuke continued. "Were you my friend?"
Itachi frowned and pick Sasuke up to eye level. Long pause. "SASUKE?"
"Hi." Sasuke said.
DROP!!!
Itachi went into a defensive position. "What is this? Confuse Itachi day? What the hell is going on?" Suddenly one by one (or in pairs) the kidified shinobi came up to Kankurou, Temari and Shikamaru. Itachi looked from one to another with tiny little gasps or fear. Kankurou, feeling slightly disturbed by his actions, took a bat that randomly appeared out of nowhere and knocked him unconscious.
"Kankurou! " Shikamaru said shocked. "You just defeated Itachi!"
"Yes, I did," Kankurou, said glaring at the crumpled body.
And so Itachi was arrested and placed in a mental ward because the sight of his brother as a three year old again made his mind, or what ever was left of it cracks. And poor Sasuke never found out why he remembered Itachi.