Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Three again ❯ Chapter seven: "Just keep swimming...." ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Three Again
Chapter seven: "Just keep swimming...."
Kiba opened his eyes when Akamaru woke him up by nudging him gently.
"Bark bark."
"They're here?" Kiba sat up and threw the covers off. "Finally!"

The secretary looked up when someone said 'ahem', but saw no one. Then she heard a 'hey!' and leaned over to look down. She must say she didn't expect to see six puny kids staring up at her, but her years of working at a mental ward cause her to be use to seeing strange things.
"Sorry, dears, visiting hours are over," she told them. "Besides, it's late, you should be in bed sleeping."
"I don't sleep!" Gaara told her, proudly.
"You poor thing," she said, not believing him at first. Then she realized that the dark lines around his eyes weren't a kind of make-up and felt bad. Gaara didn't seem to mind though as Neji stood on his toes to see over the desk.
"We're here to protect Sawuwe's brother," the little Hyuuga said.
"He's safe here, dear, don't worry about it." She said coming around the desk. "You need your sleep, and your family will be worried." she began shoo-ing them out the door. "Come back tomorrow at eleven AM to visit him ok sweeties?" she said as she shut the door behind the five kids (hint hint). She went back to her desk and sat down sighing. Glancing at the papers she had been working on, she saw a tiny little ball with a cute distorted face drawn on it. Curious she picked it up to examine it.
POOOMF!!!!
The secretary went x.X as Kankurou's sleep bomb went off. Gaara came out from under her desk giggling. He positioned her so that she was laying her head on her desk then patted her back. Then he ran over to the window (he can't reach door handles remember?) and opened it for the others outside. They climbed in then quietly snuck up the stairs and down the halls to room 105 with the Uchiha symbol on the door.

Kisame walked through the hallways to his master and friend's room. God he hated mental wards and hospitals. They were too clean, too quiet...and too goddamn white! It just felt wrong! But he would endure it to rescue Itachi. Plus the rest of Atasuki would kill him if he didn't bring Itachi back to their group.
He stopped at the door to the oldest Uchiha and realized why everything felt wrong. It was to quiet. Where were the doctors and night shifts? He shrugged this off, then thought about it some more. Why wasn't Itachi's room guarded? He was one of the most wanted missing nins in Konoha. You'd think that now they got him, they'd want to keep him (H-R: funny mental picture). Kisame shook his head to clear his thoughts. Get Itachi, get out. Before the mental ward made him mental himself. He opened the door and stepped in, suddenly.............

"And that's what happened," the jounin told Kankurou and Temari (Shieka and Phoenix laughs at all the people who probably just yelled what!?! what happened!!??!), handing them a handcuffed, gagged and tied up Gaara (lub-lub sob). The jounin unhand cuffed him then left after the sand nins thanked him.
Gaara was quite expecting them to untie him, ungag him and hug him and tell him they were sorry about all that like a normal brother and sister would do, but Temari and Kankurou are not a normal brother and sister. They did not untie him, but they did ungag him. They sat him down on the overstuffed chair and stood over him, much like the jounin's had done when they questioned him. It was quite scary, especially for a three year old. He tried smiling at them but they only glared down more.
"We are VERY disappointed with you Gaara," Temari said. Gaara hung his head. "You snuck out of the house without telling anyone. You went all the way to the mental ward with only five other three year olds. You disobeyed the secretary's orders to go home. And you stole some of Kankurou's ninja stuff."
"But--" Gaara said.
"Not done yet," she silenced him. "I thought you knew better then that Gaara."
Gaara hung his head again. "What if you used the wrong kind of bomb and really hurt someone? Did you know it was wrong to be in the ward when you're not supposing to? And THEN, then you fought with the jounin who stopped you so much that they had to tie you up! Now I want to know what the hell you have to say for yourself." Kankurou didn't say anything on his part. She pretty much covered everything.
"I sorry..." Gaara said.
"You should be!" she said in that yelling voice that parents say aren't yelling but it is.
"But, Tewari--" Gaara said.
"No buts! You can't make excuses to cover yourself up, do you understand?"
"Yeah, but the Sharkman--" Gaara said.
"Gaara I said no--" Temari said.
"What Sharkman?" Kankurou interrupted.
Gaara looked up at him. Maybe Kankurou would listen to him. "The Sharkman from yesterday. He came to find Sawuwe's brother to go home to the water. We asked Sawuwe's brother if he knew about the Sharkman and he said he didn't. So we helped him get back to the water instead."
Kankurou and Temari: "..............."
"What exactly did this guy look like?" Kankurou asked.
"Untie?" Gaara pleaded.
"Answer." Temari said.
Gaara pouted slightly. "He was big, and blue. And pointy teeth and spiky hair," he told them. "Hinata said he had a spoon on his back and he looked like a shark."
"But you don't know what a shark looks like," Temari put in.
"That's what Newi said he looked like." Gaara said.
"Oh. What was he wearing?" Temari asked.
"A big coat with clouds on it." Gaara said.
"!!!!" Temari and Kankurou exchanged a looked a shock/fear.
Flashback
"Itachi is Sasuke's older brother, who's now a missing nin. Last time he came to the village he was looking for Kyuubi in Naruto," Shikamaru told them. "With him was a missing nin from Hidden Mist Village. I didn't see him, but Naruto told me that he looked like a shark and he had a Same hade with him."
End Flashback
"Temari, we need to go talk to Tsunade-sama," Kankurou said turning to the door and putting his shoes on. Temari also put her shoes on and they turned to leave.
"I wanna go!" Gaara cried after them trying to move to follow them. However, Konoha jonins are very good at tying people up and he was unable to move. "Don't leave me behind!"
They stopped at the familiar phase Gaara had said to them the last time he was little. They hadn't listened, but this time they did. Temari went back to the sofa and picked the now ecstatic Gaara up and carried him out with her. (:...He's still tied up.... Kyuubi: That's the comedy!)

"I see," Tsunade said after she listened to the sand nins.
"Hokage-sama, the boy is lying!" one jonin cried, receiving a glare from the two older sand nins. "I was one of the ones who caught the children at the ward, and Missing nin Kisame was not there."
Gaara (now untied finally) had been eager to tell his story to Tsuande when they had first come, but when the jonin were called in he got very quiet and stayed behind Kankurou. Now everyone turned to him at this accusation. He looked up at them and saw all their expression. He may only be three, but he knew what they meant. They thought he was lying, and it hurt. Kankurou knelt down and placed an arm on Gaara's shoulder.
"Tell her what you told us Gaara," he said. Gaara didn't say anything. He looked down at the ground and twiddled his fingers, very nervous and somewhat scared.
"See, he's lying, he knows he is too! He--"
"SHUT UP!!" Tsunade shouted making everyone jump. "Gaara," she called in a very different tone. "Come here please." she motioned for him to stand in front of her desk. He shuffled up to the place and looked up at her. "Please tell me what happened." she smiled down at him and Gaara felt less nervous.
Scene changes back to the part where Kisame opens door
Kisame opened the door and stepped in. "Itachi-san?" The room was very dark and Kisame couldn't see anything. He heard the sound of the trip wire that sets off explosive notes, but no explosives went off. Several kunai flew his way, but he knocked them away with his sword thing. He paused listening, but no sound was made. Feeling around he found a light switch and flicked it on. The room was white, a bed with white sheets was in one corner. There was a chair and table in another. On the wall above the door was a clock that said 2:30 (am). Other then that the room was empty of inatimate objects. In the farthest corner was a hunched figure curled up.
"Itachi!" Kisame went over to him and place a hand on his shoulder. "Itachi, it's Kisame, come on we got to go."
"Itachi! Com'mon!" Kisame grabbed the figure to lift it to its feet.
POOMF!!!
Kisame stared at the laughing Kiba that was standing in front of him. "You!" Kisame advanced on the boy, but he stepped on another trip wire, sending a large net flying over him to pin him to the floor. Now that he was on his back, Kisame was able to see the ceiling which he stupidly didn't look at when he came in. If he had he would have seen the real Itachi with the band of killer three year olds that attacked him ealier, giggling down at him (yes people Itachi is giggling. He's cracked and now is friends with his baby brother and his brother's friends SNG: I TOLD you he was good guy! Kyuubi: WILL YOU JUST SHUT UP!? NO ONE CARES!). "Itachi?"
"Yea! We caught Sharkman!" the kids cheered. "Let's help him find a home!" (SNG: This is like Lilo and Stitch!)
The kids said goodbye to Itachi and dragged the sobbing Kisame out of the mental ward to a big lake where they dropped him off a cliff into the cold water (forgetting to take the net off). Pleased that they helped 'the shark' find it's 'home', they returned to the hostpital to visit more with Itachi and that's when they got caught by the jonin.
End of Gaara's story
Everyone in the room: "................................................"
Gaara, not liking the silence, returned to hide behind Kankurou's legs. He peeked out when Tsunade said his name quietly.
"Are you sure you're telling the truth?"
Gaara nodded vigorously.
"If I ask one of the others, like Hinata, will she say the same thing?"
Gaara nodded again.
"What if I ask Itachi?" Tsunade asked.
Gaara nodded.
"I still don't believe him!" the jounin cried. "Itachi's crazy now. And he's a sand nin, and a monster at that."
"Monster....?" Gaara mumbled quietly as Kankurou and Temari challenged the mans words. He tugged lightly on Kankurou's pants leg, but Kankurou either didn't feel it or ignored him. Everyone was yelling at each other about the matter, and Tsunade looked like she was getting a headache.
"We shouldn't have let you sand nins live here in the first place! Especially that one!" a different jounin pointed at Gaara, who ducked farther behind Kankurou.
"None of you are trustworthy," another yelled.
"You leaf nins aren't exactly ones known for their friendliness! Between Orochimaru, Itachi, Sasuke, and the Hyuuga family, this village reaks of traitors more then Sunaga ever did!" Temari shouted.
"You betrayed us!" Jounin said.
"We were tricked, your men left on their own!" Kankurou glared. Gaara hugged Kankurou's legs, very upset by the yelling.
"Well, you--" Jounin said.
"WOULD YOU ALL SHUT UP!!!!!!!!!!!" Tsunade slammed her fist down on the desk harder then she intended. The desk cracked and split in two. "The sand nins are our allies. We settled that difference a long time ago. This wasn't Gaara's fault, five leaf nins were with him. You two!" she turned to the two chunins that help her out all the time. "Go down to the lake and check to see if Gaara's telling the truth. Kisame might not be there any more but look for signs of him there." They nodded and flitted away. "Kankurou and Temari, please take Gaara home, I don't need him anymore. Thank you for bringing him here."
"You're welcome, Tsunade-sama," the sand nins left and slowly walked home. Gaara followed slowly behind them, feeling more miserable then he ever felt before.

The two chunin scanned the area around the lake. They did find signs of something big getting dragged off the edge of the cliff, but found no other signs. They sat on the edge of the cliff and looked around. (name) noticed something in the water and pointed it out to (name). A head suddenly poked out of the water and began swimming around. It went under then came out somewhere else. This time the sound of singing reached the two chunin's ears.
"Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming, swimming swimming......"