Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Three again ❯ Chapter 12: Christmas Special Part I ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Three Again
Chapter 12: Christmas Special Part I
 
The next few weeks came and went with out any more happenings. Well, not that many happenings. Neji and Kiba learned that you can draw on walls like you can draw on paper, and Sakura and Hinata found Temari's make-up and 'beautified' themselves and any of the boys who were willing to sit still (shieka: Me an my friend Aemi used to do this all the time... I used to get really BAD rashes from it though...). Then, one night when they all wanted to watch TV, Shikamaru turned on the Discovery Channel and let them watch. Now, the program that happened to be on was about spiders. This did not frighten them at all, but gave them an entire new fascination: Spider webs. Gaara pointed out that Kankurou could shoot 'webs' out of his fingers like the spider could shoot out of it's 'butt', and the ten of them decided that they wanted to do that too.
Unfortunately, they learned it takes years and years of practice to shoot webs out of their fingers, but what they found on further search for a substitute, was an entire closet full of yarn left over by whoever previously owned the house.
Temari and Kankurou came home from grocery shopping and found that they couldn't move further into the house save for the first few feet. Spun across the doorway to the kitchen were a blue spider web and a large clump of yarn, the size of a human, in the middle.
“.... Gaara!!" Temari called, out when no pitter-pattering of three-year-old feet came to greet them.
Up stairs they heard someone eagerly said, "Tewari's home!" and then came the pitter-pattering of three-year-old feet. Gaara climbed through the masses of spider webs until he came to his brother and sister and hugged Temari's legs in greeting.
"Gaara, what's all this?" Temari asked looking around again.
"We're spiders!" Gaara said proudly.
"Where's Shikamaru?" Temari asked.
"He's a fly!" Gaara said.
Temari and Kankurou looked over at the 'human size ball of yarn' stuck to the web on the kitchen door. A little tuft of black hair was sticking out of the bottom.
"Help me..." came a tiny desperate voice.
"Oh, my god...." Temari said staring.
Kankurou clapped his hand over his mouth to hide his snickers.
Temari: ELBOW!!!!
"Gaara, you don't tie up the baby sitter ok?" Kankurou said quickly in a franticly stern voice.
"... But he said he wanted to play with us, we were the spiders and he was the fly," Gaara said in his defense.
"Did you tell him you were going to tie him up?" Temari asked.
"Nope!" Gaara said.
"Well, then," Temari said folding her arms, and glaring down at him. "Don't do it again!"
Gaara suddenly felt very unloved and let go of her leg and grabbed Kankurou's leg instead (shuffle shuffle) and watched Temari try to get through the webbing to Shikamaru.
Twenty minutes later...
"GODDAMN IT!!!" Temari said only half way through the living room, while Kankurou died laughing back at the door with Gaara.
The other kids watched Temari from the stairs, smiling in hope that their oh-so-clever web might catch another fly.
"You know what I'm tired of this," Temari said taking out a kunai.
"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" (gasps for breath) "OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Gaara said.
Temari cut Shikamaru down and helped him out as all twelve kids burst into unstoppable tears. She turned back and looked across the room, passed the destroyed yarn spider webs at Gaara and Kankurou. The chibi sand nin pushed himself out of Kankurou's hold and ran up the stairs to Kankurou's room yelling that he hated Temari.
"Good job," Kankurou said to Temari. He'd wanted to say that to her for years.
It's not as bad as it sounds. At three years old, Gaara didn't have a very good memory and forgot he was mad at Temari a day and half later.
 
ok, back to the original 'not a lot had happened in the last few weeks....'
"KANK-WHOA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Gaara yelled.
Kankurou jump and fell off the bed bringing all the covers and pillows down on top of him. Looking up he saw Gaara standing at the bottom of his bed looking terrified.
"What is it?" Kankurou asked, half asleep.
"The sky...is falling!" Gaara shrieked pointing out the window.
Kankurou stared at him, waiting for his near comatose mind to process what the little sand nin had said. Nothing happened. "What?"
"The… Sky...is falling!" Gaara repeated. He pointed out the window again. "Look! Look!!"
Kankurou very slowly and purposely began untangling himself from the covers, taking as much time as he could. Gaara lost patience.
"Come on!!" he jumped off the bed, wrapped his little chubby arms around the grinning Kankurou's arm and tried to drag him over to the window. Kankurou lay limp on the floor, as Gaara pulled with all his might, but didn't get anywhere. Gaara shook Kankurou's arm. "Come on, work! Do it!"
"Do what?" Kankurou asked.
"Do it right!" Gaara said.
"What?" Kankurou asked.
"Walk!!" Gaara had a mini tantrum by jumping slightly with a whiny sound. He made a 'Mm!'ing noise and tried to pull him again (Phoenix: .....GLOMP!!). "Kank-whoa! Come on! Walk!"
Kankurou finally complied and stood up and stretched his arms to the ceiling, bringing Gaara, yelling, up with them. Kankurou walked over to the window with Gaara now riding piggyback style clinging to his head like a koala.
"Look!" Gaara pointed out the window.
Kankurou opened the window and leaned both him and Gaara out. He looked around and laughed. ' "The sky is falling"...how cute,' Kankurou said to himself. "It's not falling Gaara," he said out loud.
"Then what's all that?!" Gaara glared at the stuff that was residing on the window style, moving as far from it as he could.
"It's stuff you play with," Kankurou said bringing them both back in side.
Gaara gave him a doubtful look.
"I'll show you," Kankurou carried Gaara downstairs quietly so as not to wake anyone else up, put on his shoes and opened the front door. He moved Gaara around so he had him resting on his waist and Gaara clinging to his side now koala style. He knelt down and leaned Gaara as close as he could to the snow on the ground. And Gaara did the last thing he expected.
He screamed bloody blue murder.
Kankurou quickly stood and pulled Gaara away from the source of his screaming terror. He could hear everyone upstairs starting to run down to see what the hell made that awful noise.
"Gaara, its just snow! It wont hurt you!" Kankurou said to the sand nin koala trembling like a leaf on the tree.
"Kankurou! What's wrong?" Temari asked.
"SNOOOOOOOOOOOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" all the leaf nin kids screamed, cutting Kankurou off in his explanation. Gaara stared after them as they ran out the door, pjs, bare feet and all into the alien white stuff.
"Hey!" Temari called after them. "Get dressed and put your shoes on, then you can go out!"
"OK!!!!!" they all chorused then ran back into the house.
Temari smiled after them then turned to her brothers. "Gaara was that you?" she asked. Kankurou nodded his head vigorously.
"What's wrong?" Temari asked.
"He doesn't like the snow," Kankurou explained, demonstrating the previous happening that woke everyone up. Gaara screamed again as he was brought closer to the snow.
"..." Temari stared wide-eyed in confusion, not quite sure how to cope with this.
There was a loud noise and a parade of running kids followed by a cloud of dust ran passed them, back outside. Gaara, however, refused to leave the living room and sat on the sofa watching TV, or glancing out the window all morning.
 
By lunchtime there was at least a foot of snow on the ground and it was still coming down. Temari decided to go out to get lunch and Shikamaru. Kankurou sat in the kitchen eyeing Gaara in the living room, not liking the fact that his younger brother was scared of snow. So he concluded to do a very older brother thing that he was sure would cure Gaara. He went in the living room and asked Gaara to get dressed. Then he helped him put his shoes, a coat and a hat on. Gaara looked at him curious to what he was doing. Kankurou then led him to the back door. Gaara realized what he was going to do all to late.
 
TOSS!!!!!!!!!!
 
"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!" Gaara fell into the deep snow in the middle of the backyard with a snowy thunk and disappeared.
"Be free, dear brother!" Kankurou called happily, grinning hugely (phoenix's idea)
Kankurou called to the other kids to watch Gaara and make sure he had fun then shut the door.
A few hours later....
Kankurou glanced out his bed room window at the front yard and saw that there was at least two and a half to three feet of snow on the ground now. There was no evidence that a riot of three year olds had played there earlier. He got up and went into the bathroom to look out the window to the back yard. He stared down at the sight below him.
The snow had gotten so deep that even Shino, the tallest of the kids, was having trouble getting around. And the snowdrifts had made it so they couldn't open the door and come in. With nothing they could do and now way to get help they walked out a pathway that formed three big letters:
S O S
Naruto, Sasuke and Gaara were sitting in a hole in the middle of the 'O' waving branches they had some how broken off a tree. Actually the only reason Kankurou could see Gaara was because he had an aerial view, the snow was really over the redhead's two feet, three quarters. The others were either finishing the last 'S' or sitting in random places in the letters.
Kankurou couldn't help himself.
He burst out laughing.
He ran down the stairs to find some means of placing this event in the hall of fame funniest moments of his life, just as Temari was walking in.
"Temari!" he called. "Where… Is… Your… Camera?"
"Put away. Why?" she asked.
"Go get it quick!!" Kankurou said.
The two ran up stairs. Temari got the video camera and Kankurou led her into the bathroom. She glanced out the window.
"...Oh my god...." was all she could state as she began filming the sight below.