Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Ties to Humanity ❯ Iruka ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Ties to Humanity
 
What if Iruka died protecting Naruto from Mizuki? How would he turn out without someone to knowledge him?
 
This is my second crack at writing Naruto fan fiction. Hope you approve of it.
 
Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto
 
Prologue
 
 
If you were a stranger and walked into Konoha village and asked its citizens and shinobi what they thought of Naruto Uzumaki, the answers they give would make you wonder what has this person done to get the wrath of the village. They would tell you he is a monster, demon, evil child, and deserves to die.
 
Fortunately, you knew who he was and pitied him. A prankster but a child all the same
 
Then you asked where he lived and they would point you to the way.
 
You would notice his apartment was dirty, and as you approach the door, you notice how quiet it is. The door opens without a sound it was not locked. As you walked in you saw that the apartment was a mess. Empty ramen bowls and dirty cloths placed haphazardly in the room. You walk through noting how sparse it was. There was a walrus cap and jumpsuits in the room, orange jumpsuits. When you opened the drawers, you notice that in the bottom drawer, it was filled with rocks and notes on pieces of paper. Apparently, the villagers threw rocks through his window, and judging by the amount there was, for a good while now.
 
You wondered how anyone could live through this, much less a child.
 
You walked away and asked the landlady where Naruto is. Her evident disgust of the boy shows through and she tells you he is at the park.
 
You walk to the park scanning the area for him. It was quiet due to the fact most kids are at the Ninja Academy. You see a boy with a spiral on his shirt sitting on a swing alone.
 
You walked over and stood right beside the boy.
 
“Hi, is the swing taken?” You ask the boy.
 
The boy's head which was downcast tilted upward slightly and nodded.
 
You knell slightly and looked at the boy's shadowed face.
 
The boy's eyes were a dull blue, lifeless eyes that a child should not have.
 
His eyes were lonely, and sad.
 
Just like yours when you were a child.
 
You felt sad for a boy whose fate was thrusted on him unwillingly.
 
A voice in the back of your head kept on telling you that the boy is a monster and that he killed your parents.
 
However, when you look at the Naruto, all you could see is a younger reflection of you.
 
Full of pain, sadness and a burning question.
 
Why?
 
Why me?
 
You could feel his question even though he never spoke.
 
You asked yourself this question often when you were a kid, growing up alone.
 
“You're a ninja.” This statement came from the silent child.
 
“Yes.”
 
“Why did you become a ninja?”
 
“To protect my precious people.”
 
“Precious people?”
 
His question startles you and you realize that while you had parents he had nothing, no one to love, no one to tell him that he was important.
 
“People who I am willing to die for.”
 
“Am I one of your precious people?” His soft question jarred you out of your pondering.
 
Is Naruto one of your precious people?
 
You did save him from the wrath of the villagers and sometimes took him out to lunch.
 
The tiny voice in your head told you no, but deep inside it was yes.
 
He needs to know that he is loved.
 
You notice that Naruto curled himself up while you thinking.
 
“Yes, you are one of my precious people.” For the first time, the boy lifted his head to look at you.
 
He was small and scrawny for his age.
 
He was smiling, and this time it was not the fake smile he always wore, it was a genuine smile.
 
“Come on, let's go back to class. I'm sure you don't want to miss today's lesson.”
 
You hold out your hand waiting for the boy to grab it. He grabs your hand and starts running towards the academy dragging you along.
 
You smiled, and let Naruto drag you back to the classroom.
 
You, Umino Iruka, the teacher of prankster Uzumaki Naruto was the first to show love
 
 
So how was it?
 
Please Review