Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Time Travel is Impossible, at Least for Humans ❯ Chapter 6 ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Not mine.
 
Chapter 6
 
 
Iruka laughed as Naruto ran from Sasuke, the other boy looking ready to kill. Unfortunately there wasn't really anywhere for Naruto to run inside Iruka's place.
The next time the blonde passed Iruka reached out and snagged his collar.
 
“Settle down you two. Go set the table.” The two boys nodded and set to work, still shooting the occasional glare at the other. Itachi was on a mission so the two boys were staying with him for a few days until he got back. Itachi had left them behind unsupervised once and had come home to a trashed house. Since then they stayed with the chuunin whenever Itachi had to go on a mission outside of Konoha. Iruka smiled suddenly as he felt a familiar presence approaching. He made his way over to the door and opened before Kakashi got the chance to knock.
 
It had been four months since their first kiss and they were taking things very slowly. They had shared several more kisses of varying intensity and Kakashi had spent several nights sleeping in his arms but they hadn't taken things any further. This was all very new to both of them even if Iruka had had years to get used to his feelings towards Kakashi. Iruka had never even attempted a relationship before; too scared of his secret being discovered and Kakashi had always relied on his books. He knew he wanted more form their relationship and was pretty sure that Kakashi wanted that too but there was still a mask between them only not the one most would assume. He had seen Kakashi's face, something he had hidden since childhood. How could he do less? It was time to get over his fear.
 
Kakashi's smile morphed into a concerned frown as he noticed Iruka spacing out over dinner, something that was not usual for the chuunin. He gently prodded the younger mans leg with his foot, snapping him into focus. He gave him a curious look as Iruka blushed in embarrassment. Iruka smiled at him and then turned his attention to the two bickering children.
 
-------------------------------
“What's going on Iruka?” Kakashi asked as they finally stopped at a lake. Iruka didn't answer as he dropped his pack and sat on the shoreline, making Kakashi nervous. He trusted the chuunin with his life and knew he would never harm him unless ordered to for the good of Konoha and even then he wouldn't want to. But Iruka had been acting strangely ever since the dinner last week.
“Ruka?” He questioned, placing his hand on Iruka's shoulder. Tanned fingers came up to tangle with his even as the chuunin leant back to rest against his legs.
 
“I used to come here with my parents at least once a year.” Iruka said softly. Kakashi sat down behind him but stayed silent.
“I've always loved it here, it's so peaceful and beautiful.” Iruka turned so that they were sitting face to face. He reached out and traced Kakashi's face through the mask, smiling gently.
“I love you Kakashi.” Iruka whispered before pulling his mask down and leaning in to kiss him. Kakashi returned the kiss even though he was confused about what was going on. Iruka was acting strangely, almost as if this was goodbye.
 
“Iruka what's going on? Are you okay?” Kakashi asked once they parted. Iruka nodded, looking out over the lake again.
“I'm worried about you.”
 
“I'm sorry, I've been thinking a lot. I…I want you to see something.” Iruka said turning back to him.
 
“What?” Kakashi asked softly after waiting several minutes in silence for Iruka to continue.
 
“Me.” It took Kakashi a few seconds to work out what Iruka meant and then his eye widened in shock. He knew that no one except maybe Sandaime knew what Iruka really looked again, then again no one but the two of them knew the teacher didn't really look like what everyone thought he did.
 
“Iruka…” Kakashi honestly didn't know what to say. Iruka smiled nervously and then looked down at the ground.
“Are you sure? If you don't want to then don't. It doesn't matter to me.”
 
“It matters to me.” Iruka stood and moved away, bowing his head and closing his eyes. Kakashi watched in awe as a shimmer of energy surrounded Iruka, obscuring him from sight for a second before fading. Kakashi was very glad for his mask at that moment since he was sure he'd managed to dislocate his jaw with how far it had dropped. If he hadn't been watching then he would never guess the figure standing across from him was his friend and…what? Boyfriend? He tried to say something but the words wouldn't form and he swallowed. He was jolted into motion though as Iruka took a step back, fear and pain showing in his expressive eyes. Knowing he was going to run Kakashi launched himself forward, grabbing his wrist and spinning him into his body, ignoring the pain of Iruka's elbow hitting his stomach. He held on tightly as Iruka began to struggle wildly. When the chuunin refused to calm he yanked his mask down and kissed him soundly. Iruka gasped and then went limp in his embrace as Kakashi continues to kiss him before hesitantly returning the kiss. Kakashi only pulled back once he couldn't fight the need for air anymore. He smiled at Iruka and held him close.
“Kakashi?” Iruka's voice was quiet and unsure.
 
“You're beautiful Iruka.” Kakashi told him, voice thick with emotion. Iruka stared at him in disbelief, making Kakashi's smile widen.
“Look.” Kakashi moved so that they could look down onto the lake's surface and use it as a mirror. Iruka shut his eyes, refusing to look.
“It's okay Ruka, take a look at yourself.” Kakashi encouraged.
 
Iruka slowly opened his eyes, looking over his shoulder to see Kakashi's encouraging look before slowly turning his head back to the lake. He really didn't want to see, didn't want to acknowledge what his parents had been unable to accept. But Kakashi accepted it, accepted him. He'd kissed him after all, had held him close and was still smiling at him. Taking a deep breath Iruka looked at the waters smooth surface and his eyes widened in shock. That was him? Long, silky hair hung past his waist and almost seemed to shimmer as it moved. It was still a dark brown but there seemed to be streaks of other colours through it. His body was even slimmer than usual although his height was the same. His skin seemed to glow and was very pale unlike the tanned look he was so used to. He was even paler than Kakashi now, which was a very odd feeling. He ran his fingers over his familiar scar though it was less pronounced in this form and then stared at his hands in shock. Between his fingers there was almost invisible webbing and he had a feeling his toes were the same. At least he didn't have gills…did he? Taking another look at his face he swallowed as he noticed his eyes were no longer the brown of his mother but iridescent silver. He shivered slightly and felt Kakashi tighten his hold, nuzzling his neck softly, offering support and comfort.
 
“See? Beautiful.” Kakashi told him. Iruka managed a shaky smile before stepping out of Kakashi's arms and reaching down to grasp the hem of his shirt. He yanked it up and over his head before looking down to search for any more changes. He blinked in shock and then ran his hands over the skin, gasping at how sensitive it was. Scales, he had small shimmering silver scales scattered apparently randomly across his body.
“They seem to follow your spine too.” Kakashi told him since he couldn't see his own back. He reached out to touch them and Iruka shivered. Kakashi's hand traced over his back before pausing over his ribs.
“I think you have gills back here too. Either that or you somehow managed to get three identical cuts on either side of your spine. Are you breathing okay?” Kakashi asked concerned since most creatures with gills needed them to stay wet. Iruka nodded and he relaxed.
 
“You're not…disgusted or scared?” Iruka asked softly and Kakashi pulled him back into his arms.
 
“No. You're you Iruka, no matter what you look like. I know you would never hurt me unless given no choice. And I meant what I said, you are beautiful.” Iruka turned in his embrace and kissed him.
 
“Thank you.”
 
TBC…
Short I know but I wanted this to have it's own chapter. Hope my description of what Iruka truly looks like is okay. Anyone want to try drawing him?