Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Tired of The Day ❯ Chapter 17

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Tired of the Day

By: AlwaysHiei

Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto- Masashi Kishmoto does.

Chapter- 17

A/N: I'm back... For now. It took me forever, huh? Yeah. I'm still lacking inspiration and motivation, but I cannot deny to you all that I've at least got the time. I have no life. Sorry you waited so long-- I probably lost some readers, but I'm determined to at least get this story done eventually, even if I have to not update for months. (Which I hope dearly doesn't happen again) Anyways, anyways, I think if I really have to, I might use things that have happened to me in this story. ^_^ But only if I can't think of anything. Enjoy the update, everyone!

On to the story!

Hinata slipped quietly into her home, praying her father would be asleep. As silently as possible, she shut the front door behind her, before tip-toeing around a corner, towards the stairs.

"Hinata."

Her prayers were no answered apparently. Hiashi Hyuuga stood at the bottom of the stairs, blocking her way.

Hinata stopped dead in her tracks, looking up at the tall man.

"You've been out for a long time." Hiashi calmly but sternly pointed out.

"Y-yes. I-I have, father." Hinata admitted.

"Doing what?" Her fasther asked, narrowing his eyes slightly.

"I w-was just... s-sitting in the park. That's a-all."

"With the Uchiha? Alone? With someone else?" He questioned, his voice getting a bit louder.

"S-someone- err, I-I mean--" Hinata was intterupted.

"Who, Hinata? Who were you spending time with this late at night? And why?" Hiashi asked, his voice louder still.

'Who?! Who do I say? I'm going to be in trouble probably no matter what, but I can't say I don't even know! That'd be the worst thing I could do!' Hinata thought urgently to herself, trying to find an excuse to leave or somehow get out of this conversation.

"Gaara!" She suddenly blurted out. Her eyes widened; 'Why did I say that?! Father might get angry at him!'

Hiashi just stared. He was upset that she was dating an Uchiha, upset that she ran away from him, and upset that she was sitting in a park so late all night. He was expecting her to say it was by herself, or with someone untrustworthy to him. Although they were best friends, he wasn't expecting Gaara at all. Maybe because she'd suddenly done so many things Hiashi considered bad, all ni one night, he assumed that every detail would be really bad, including who (if anyone) she spent her night with.

Hiashi somewhat trusted Gaara with his daughter. Sure, he didn't like him much, and he didn't act kind towards him, but Hiashi knew Gaara cared for Hinata a lot, but only in a platonic way. Or at least he did these days. He knew Gaara wouldn't hurt her. And he knew Gaara would protect her.

Hearing that she had been with Gaara all night calmed Hiashi slightly. At least she was a bit safe.

"I see." Was his reply. Sighing very quietly, so that his frightened daughter could not hear, Hiashi said the only thing he could think of; "Well, go to bed Hinata."

Hinata was very shocked he didn't yell at her or something worse, but listened promptly and scampered up the stairs to her room.

------------

Sasuke walked into his lonely apartment, and took off his coat, tossing it onto the couch. His apartment was dark, and he couldn't see very well; of course, that's how he liked it.

He quickly made his way over to the kitchen, where he got himself a bowl of cereal and milk as a cruddy (And rather common for him) meal to eat before getting some sleep. Sitting at his table, Sasuke ate silently as he stared at the chair in front of him.

For a split second, as Sasuke had begun to space out, the chair in front of him looked like it had Hinata sitting in it, smiling brightly at him. Sasuke closeed and reopened his eyes, only to find Hinata gone, but the shadowed over night girl to be sitting her place. Blinking, the image was gone altogether this time.

'I really got to get some sleep...' Sasuke thought, shaking his head and averting his eyes from the chair to his cereal.

Stirring around the now soggy last pieces of the stuff, Sasuke's thoughts were on Hinata. 'I wonder... if her father was angry. If he even found out we are together sortive?'He finished up, and brought his bowl to the sink, dumping what was left, and rinsing it out. 'I wonder if Hinata would get angry if she found out that I love two people? I wonder how angry she'd be... I'd be angry, myself if she did that.'

------------

Hinata finished buttoning up her pajamas, and was getting under her covers to get some sleep when her cell phone suddenly rang. Hinata snatched it off the bedside table, and answered it hastily.

"Hello?" Hinata greeted, whispering.

"Hinata." She recognized that voice immediately; Gaara.

"Ah! G-Gaara! What do y-you need?" She asked.

"Sorry for calling so late-- well, early really. Did I wake you?" He questioned.

"N-no, you didn't. What's g-going on?" She answered truthfully.

But although he didn't wake her, Hinata's voice sounded very tired to Gaara, and he could tell she needed rest. "You sound tired, so I'll make it quick. Basically, Ino and I are now a couple." Gaara explained.

"R-really?! That's s-so great!" Hinata explained joyously, her eyes widening in sheer surprise. 'Gaara's finally got someone!'

"Yes. I couldn't wait to tell you. But you'd better go to sleep now, so I can talk to you more tomorrow. Night, Hinata." Gaara bid her farewell.

"Oh, goodnight, Gaara! S-sleep well!" Hinata said bye too, hanging up. 'That's so wonderful!'

But somehow she felt guilty for not bringing up her and Sasuke. He told her immediately, but she didn't even try to hint at it or anything. She never told him anything, really, even though he trusted her so much.

'I'll maybe tell him tomorrow, I guess...' Hinata resolved to get rid of her guilt, laying down and closing her eyes.

-------------

Sasuke lied down on his couch, too lazy to go to his actual bed, because that would mean walking through the mess of clothing and such that reigned in his room. He flipped on the TV with the remote, and stared blankly at the bright screen, tuning out the noise.

'I don't want to go to school tomorrow; I'm tired.'

TO BE CONTINUED

There you have it. You'd expect I'd been working on this for wuite a few days/weeks, but to be honest, I wrote it all just today. How sad... I never really got to this because I could't think of what to right. Today was no different-- I just forced myself to plow through it, and everything I wrote was basically made up as I went. Please review!

Seeya,

AlwaysHiei