Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Truths Unfolded: Another Naruto love story ❯ Chapter 1

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 1: A Late Entrance, Once Again
 
“Naruto!! Wake up! Look, what time is it already?” A shout of an old man in his fifties was heard. The yellow-haired boy rubbed his eyes, waking up to the loud shout of Master Jiraiya otherwise known as the `hermit addicted to girls'. Yeah, it was Naruto once again as late as ever like once in the Chuunin exam.
 
“You're waking me up, maniac-hermit. You interrupted my dream, you know… It's a really nice dream about me and Saku-… and wait, what time is it??!!” Naruto exclaimed. He quickly glanced at the wall clock in his room, which he was sharing with Jiraiya. “What the heck-???!!! I need to hurry up!” Naruto suddenly remembered that this was the most awaited day of the fifteen genins.
 
It was the day Master Tsunade had planned for the fifteen genins - the five major teams of the chuunin exam at the Forest of Death. The fifteen genins would be having a long-time training; maybe less or more than a month so they could improve on their skills. A new chuunin exam would take place soon and this time Master Hokage wanted a lot of genins be qualified to be chuunins - no just one (ahem, Shikamaru!).
 
And as always, Naruto was late although Iruka instructed all of them to come early since punctuality was part of the training and if not, the punishment was fatal. Fatal for Naruto, since it was a whole week without free lunch. Yeah, it was not free lunch and that meant he has to pay for his own. That was so bad considering the fact that he doesn't have much money and besides, the food was ramen.
 
So Naruto got up immediately. He took a bath, ate light breakfast in a split second. Then he rushed to the Shing-hai Forest, where the training would take place.
 
He reached the place exactly the time Iruka was just starting to give the opening remarks.
 
“Naruto!!!!!!!!” Iruka exclaimed. “Once again, Naruto! Since when will you learn to be early? Thank goodness I was just speaking of the opening remarks. If not, the punishment is very deadly. Now, line up with your team members.”
 
The other fifteen genins were already there and of course, he was the only late comer. They were all lined up orderly, paying attention to Iruka-sensei. Naruto shamefully lined up with Sasuke and Sakura.
 
“I welcome all of you in our fifteen-day training planned by Master Hokage Tsunade together with your senseis. They will assist you in your training and help you improve your skills. That means I will be assisting you too and I am the over-all in charge. We will have a lot of activities ahead of us and I expect relationships and friendships between you to develop more, other than rivalry. We are a team, remember that. Oh anyway, I discussed all the rules way back in Ninja Academy. I do not want to say a lot more. So let this wonderful training start today!” Iruka really had a lot to say.
 
The genins went on their own teams. Sasuke, Sakura and Naruto went on and huddled together. “Wow, Naruto! You were so early.” Sakura commented ironically, as always. “Uh, yeah I guess I'm wrong once again. I've always been THAT early, you know. Haven't you been used to me??” Naruto replied, hooking at Sakura's irony. Sasuke sighed heavily.
 
Iruka took over once again after discussing the first activity with his fellow senseis. “Again, please listen to me for our first activity. Each of you will be on your own. You will break the given hard stones using just your chakra. That is, chakra controlling.” Iruka announced, going away and starting to watch them.
 
Each genin went and found a stone of his own. As usual, the five geniuses, one from each team namely Sasuke, Gaara, Shikamaru, Shino, Neji, broke the stones quickly. The other five boys who were near weaklings - Naruto, Lee, Kankorou, Chouji, Kiba were able to do it next. Naruto was second to the last - thankful that he wasn't last since Jiraiya helped him once with his training. The girlies - Sakura, Ino, Henata, Tenten and Temari didn't do it immediately. Of course they were girls but although that was fact, they were still good in chakra controlling.
 
After the first activity, they did other warm-up exercises. Then soon it was lunch time. First Early Lunch.
 
The geniuses glanced at each other and nodded. They already knew what to do. On the other hand, the dummies needn't do it since they really weren't expert in using their chakras. The tug of war soon started. They pulled and pulled and pulled, and soon the war ended equally.