Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ TWIST OF FATE ❯ I'LL BE THERE ( Chapter 7 )

[ A - All Readers ]

 
CHAPTER 7: I'LL BE THERE
 
 
-At the hospital-
 
 
“Ryo you Baka!!”
 
“Crazy bitch! Just shut up will ya. You are giving me a headache.” Ryo snapped at her. ` Poof' came a flying pillow that landed right on his face.
 
Ryo and Himeko were in a war of boredom. The three of them had been hospitalized for a few days already and they were bored out of their minds. Tsunade had earlier warned them should she ever catch them wandering out of the hospital compound, she would be tempted to strap them to their very beds and extra large injection. Despite of numerous wounds over the years, the idea of an extra big injection managed to render them speechless, especially Ryo, who practically shuddered at the thought.
 
As, Ryo and Himeko kept on bickering, Hinata simply lay on her bed with her eyes shut, pretending to still be asleep and trying very hard to contain all her anger. Really, with those two, one would be lucky to be able to keep their sanity intact. The room was like a madhouse, thanks to the pillows littering all over the floor, white bedsheets and blankets strewn here and there. Insults were thrown to each other. Heck, the room was worse than a madhouse. It was hell.
 
BAM! The door was slammed open. Hinata tuned her head to wards the door. Ryo and Himeko were obviously too occupied with their `bonding' to pay attention to their guest.
 
The moment Naruto crashed into the room, he saw what a mess it was. Naruto sweat dropped as he sent a questioning look at Hinata, only to receive a shrug from her. He then turned to the still bickering partners, “Hey guys.” No answer. “HEY, GUYS!!” he then shouted.
 
Ryo and Himeko stopped fighting for a while, hands at each other's collars, fists in the air. They glanced at Naruto and as if he didn't exist, turned back to punching each other in the face. Naruto sweat dropped some more at the viciousness of the two in front of him. And all this while he thought that he and Sasuke were bad enough.
 
Losing her patience already, Hinata slowly got up from her bed. Walking towards Ryo and Himeko, she got between them and with fire in her eyes, gave the two blockheads a really hard punch on the head.
 
“ITAI!” Ryo and Himeko both screamed and then winced at Hinata's expression as she stared at both of them. Hinata had the looks of a real dragon then with steam practically coming from her head, fists on her hips, and her eyes were red. Damn, she was a really scary sight.
 
Naruto, sensing really, really bad chakra, excused himself, “Heheh, I think I'll go wait for Sakura-chan outside.” And went to sit in the lobby outside their room. Boy, that punch will give them a bad bruise to last.
 
As Naruto uncharacteristically sat quietly on the bench in the lobby, [he was afraid that Hinata would charge out of that room and hit him in the head too], Tsunade came. She was surprised to see a quiet and fidgety Naruto. Then, she saw him look at the door opposite him. It was as if he was waiting for something to suddenly come and barge out of the room.
 
She suddenly remembered that Hinata, Himeko and Ryo were warded in that room. She decided to go and check on them. Ignoring Naruto, Tsunade opened the door only to witness the most shocking scene. Hinata was practically throwing obscene words to Ryo and Himeko who just stood infront of her, heads down like meek little children. The aura was dangerous that even Tsunade cringed.
 
Ever so slowly, she shut the door and stupifiedly went to sit beside Naruto who was further stunned after hearing some of the words from Hinata's lashing that managed to escape the room when Tsunade peeked in. He was literally shaking. If Tsunade wasn't so shocked herself, she might have chuckled at the sight of the loud and obnoxious Naruto traumatized.
 
Huh, who would have thought that the once quiet and timid Hinata had it in her to voice out some of those words, Tsunade in inwardly smirked. She decided to wait until the coast was clear before checking up on them again. By the looks of things, she might have to apply some ointment and medication on Himeko and Ryo again.
 
-30 minutes later-
 
Hinata stepped out of the room. Man, did she need some fresh air. The moment she opened the door, she saw Naruto and Tsunade sitting on the bench. She saw that the moment they realized that she was in front of them, they became nervous. Especially Naruto. He was practically fidgeting with his fingers and looking everywhere but her.
 
“Ah, Hokage- sama. Sorry about the whole commotion. Would you like to see them now? I hope you don't mind if I go for walk for a while?” asked Hinata respectfully.
 
Tsunade simply nodded.
 
Hinata then turned and walked down the lobby until she came to the Hospital grounds. It was an extremely beautiful morning with the sky crystal blue and the sun was out and glinting in the sky. Hinata breathed in and detected scents of fresh green grasses and blooming flowers from a rose shrub nearby. Hinata basked in the ambience. Spotting a bench, she decided to sit down. From a distance, Hinata heard chirpings of birds. Probably little sparrows waiting for their mother to bring them food, she thought. She could also spot a few children playing in the hospital playgrounds and laughing cheerfully. Hinata smiled and thought that being alive was good.
 
Despite her good spirits and improved mood, it could not be denied that Hinata was in agony. Her whole body was still sore from over exerting herself in the mission. But it was worth every day in the hospital. Tsunade had told them that the ANBU officers have confirmed that the chakra shield had fully recovered to its former state. Sasaki sensei who had been there as well had congratulated them on their mission, but promised a good lashing afterwards for having used up all their chakra. But they knew that she was relieved and happy that her students were allright.
 
Having finished the mission, Hinata decided to think about the up coming jounin test. It was only about four days away. Although there would be another jounin test in another six months, there was no way that Hinata would want to wait that long. She wanted it all to be dealt with immediately so that she could concentrate on more important matters. Matters like the Akatsukis for one. With only four days left to the jounin test, there certainly won't be enough time for training now, not while their body was still recovering from all that chakra loss.
 
[Sigh] How troublesome life could be. Hinata smiled at how Shikamaru- like she had sounded then. She was still smiling when she heard a voice behind her. A voice she knew very well.
 
“I wonder what could be the problem of Konoha's new heroine that forces her to sigh so.” said a voice that she so recognized.
 
“ Hello, Neji.” Giving the person a smile, she patted the space beside her. Neji took the space beside her and looked at the scenery.
 
“Sore?”
 
“Fuckingly sore.” Answered Hinata.
 
Neji chuckled. “Hiashi- sama would be shocked to hear you swearing, you know.”
 
“Yeah I know. It would be hilarious, mind you, to see his expression then.” Hinata grinned mischievously. She had long ago got over her shyness and was capable of responding to anyone without stuttering anymore. Then, they both lapsed into a relaxing silence.
 
This time, Hinata broke their silence, “Heard you're a jounin already.”
 
“Yeah, but compared to being a Special ANBU, it's nothing.”
 
“So, you already know.”
 
“You bet.”
 
“Well, whatever.” Hinata simply shrugged. “Got some pointers for me?” Hinata looked side ways at Neji. Giving him her best seductive look.
 
“On what? Orgasm? Well, when you're screwing you could…” Hinata quickly smacked him in the head. “Ouch. Hey, I was just kidding ok.” laughed Neji. “Damn, are you strong for someone who is `fuckingly' sore.” Another smack landed on him.
 
Hinata just huffed beside him and gave him a death glare. “Hmph, pervert.”
 
“Heheh, come on. I was only joking, Hina-chan.” Neji said, adding the nickname for a tease. To his delight, Hinata blushed. It had been quite a while since Hinata had last blushed in front of him, and he kind of missed it.
 
Earlier that morning when he was training in the woods, Lee had came to inform that his cousin was now fit to be visited. Neji had heard about her being hospitalized a few days ago, but Hokage- sama had furiously refused anyone permission to visit the patients. Neji was at first a bit furious but Tsunade had managed to remind him of the importance of patients getting total rest. After lee had went of in search for Ten Ten, Neji decided to stop training for the day and he immediately made for the hospital where he found his cousin walking about in the hospital garden.
 
“I'm gonna take the jounin test in another four days, you know,” Hinata said.
 
“So that is what you want the pointers for. Well, I do have an advice for you then. On that day make sure you….” Neji glanced sideways and saw Hinata giving him full attention, “…wear a striking red bikini.” He grinned. “Oww!” a punch hit him in the stomach. He doubled over with pain and laughter at the same time. He was laughing furiously, that his eyes shed tears. He saw that coming, but he liked to rile her still.
 
“I really don't understand why I bother asking you. I swear that you are just as bad as Kakashi sensei now.” she shrugged and attempted to get up and walk somewhere else. But Neji caught her hands first and gently tugged her to sit down again.
 
“Sorry about my misplaced humour,” he apologized as well as giving her sexiest grin. “Can't help teasing such a beautiful girl you know.”
 
His remark made Hinata blush once more, plus knowing that she was only dressed in a baggy green hospital robe doesn't really make you feel feminine in the least. Busy, trying to tone down her blush, Neji gently put a hand on her redden cheeks, and turned her face so that she was facing him.
 
“Beautiful indeed.” He murmured as he lowered his head as to kiss her. The moment his lips captured hers, Hinata's eyes widened with surprise but slowly shut as he coaxed her lips to allow further excess into her mouth.
 
Hinata let him kiss her as she let herself enjoy that moment. Never had it crossed her mind that her first kiss would be with Neji. It was pleasant indeed.
 
“Oh, youthful love!” shouted Lee from somewhere. That brought Neji and Hinata to break their kiss abruptly. Looking around, Neji saw Lee coming towards them [rather like running]. Behind him was Ten Ten who looked a bit ruffled. What on earth is Lee doing here! Neji held Hinata tighter as he stood up to escape from his teammates but Lee was faster.
 
“Ohayo! Why Neji, what a surprise to see you here.” exclaimed Ten Ten. When she looked the other girl in Neji's embrace, she got a bit furious.
 
Neji sensed the discomfort that Hinata felt under Ten Ten's glare and decided to butt in, “ Why should it be a surprise. Hinata's warded here.” He pulled Hinata tighter into his embrace. He glared backed at Ten Ten for mistreating Hinata. Then, he felt Hinata gripped his shirt tighter and shiver.
 
Hinata was feeling terribly uncomfortable. She couldn't decide on whether was it the heat or Ten Ten's intense glare. Her head felt heavy as well as her eyes. She guessed that she must have over exerted herself walking in the park and staying in the sun and all.
 
“Neji…”
 
Neji heard her weak voice and looked down into her terribly flushed face, “Hinata…”
 
“I'm feeling a bit woozy …can we…”
 
Neji didn't wait for Hinata to finish her sentence, but scooped her up into his arms and carried her bridal style into the hospital and into her room again. If Hinata felt any embarrassment of being seen like that, she simply remained quiet but inched closer into Neji's chest. It felt comforting there being held close to him and very right. So right it was rather sinful. Somewhere on the way, she fell asleep contently in Neji's arms dreaming of him.
 
Seeing Hinata asleep in his arms made Neji smile. Here was his cousin who had changed over the years, but deep down she was still the same Hinata he knew. Not weak but someone who asked for tender loving care. No that she asked for it, Hinata never asks for anything but she just makes people want to be kind to her.
 
Behind him, Lee and Ten Ten followed. After all, their intention was to visit Hinata and her teammates. Lee was his hyperactive self as usual. Greeting everybody that crossed his path while Ten Ten was unusually quiet. She had to admit that she was rather shocked to see how intimate Neji and Hinata was back in the gardens just now, but she guessed she knew all the years that Neji had loved Hinata and only Hinata. She kind of felt bad, glaring at Hinata the way she did just now. Ten Ten just had no idea of what came over her. Still deep in her thoughts, Ten Ten didn't realize that they were already standing in front of Hinata's ward room.
 
“Ten Ten…”
 
“Uh..huh..yes, Neji?” she didn't realize that Neji was calling her.
 
“Could you please open the door for me.”
 
“Oh, sure”. As Ten Ten opened the door for Neji, she let him go in first. Lee was the last to enter the room. Being the gentleman he was, he had let Ten Ten walk in first.
 
Neji gently laid the still sleeping Hinata on her bed. He gazed at his cousin sleeping face and subconsciously went to gaze at her plump pink lips. Lips that he had kissed earlier in the garden. He had no idea of what had exactly drove him to act in that way, but he did know for one thing. Kissing Hinata definitely felt good. Tucking the blanket around her, he asked Tsunade if she was going to be okay. Tsunade who was still in the room after examining Himeko and Ryo, went to check Hinata's pulse and body temperature.
 
“Don't worry. She just exhausted. That's all.” Tsunade reassured him.
 
Neji thanked Tsunade and stood beside Hinata's bedside and watched over her. Little did he realize that there were also other people in the room. Sasaki who had arrived shortly after Tsunade was sitting at the end of the room with Kakashi beside her [when did he appear?] Sasuke, Sakura, Ten Ten and Lee were scattered across the room. Naruto as usual was prancing about in the room saying something about celebrating with ramen. The wardroom looked more like a party now except that there were three bedridden people in the room.
 
Hinata was asleep so obviously she was oblivious to all the commotion going around in the ward room.
 
Ryo on the other hand was amused by everything. How Naruto was going about prancing, and flirting with Sakura. How Sakura kept urging Sasuke to date her. Kakashi and Sasaki sensei who were busy reading to notice anyone else. Lee who was shouting something about youthful love. Neji who was intently looking over Hinata [people would have thought that she would vanish in a split second] and Ten Ten who was brooding over something. He turned to look at Himeko on his right.
 
She was on the brink of losing her patience and lastly, all she could do was bury her head under the pillow and hope that she could get some peace and quiet. Her hopes were dashed because from under the pillow, her ears caught on an irritating sound.
 
“Himeee…Himeee…”called Ryo in that irritating whiny tone.
 
A muffled `what' came from somewhere under Himeko's pillow.
 
“Just wondering, when are you going to return my Icha Icha Paradise that you borrowed last month.” teased Ryo. However, he forgot that they weren't the only one's in the room. The smug smile on Ryo's face didn't last long as a pillow landed right on his face.
 
“What the...”muttered Ryo as he removed the pillow from his face. “Oh...oh...”
 
There in front of him stood an angry Himeko. She was cracking her knuckles and in a dangerously low voice, she said, “You are so going to be sorry that you were born.”
 
What followed next was a brawl between the two of them which not only included physical violence but also verbal abuse. Of course it ended with Himeko winning and she returned to her bed, leaving behind a badly injured Ryo.
 
As she settled into her bed, she realized that the others were looking at her [except Sasaki and Kakashi sensei of course]. Raising her eyebrows, “What?”
 
Sakura and Ten Ten were the first to respond, “PERVERT!”
 
Immediately understanding what they meant, Himeko just shrugged away the exclamation and replied, “So what. It's just a fiction. It's not even the real thing. What are you any way? Like 9 or 10?”
 
Then she looked at Ryo, who still nursing his bruised face (Himeko had really whacked him)and added, “Plus, a pervert is someone who HAS to jerk off after reading it.”
 
“I do not!” Ryo defended himself.
 
“Uhh..did I mention that you did just now.” Himeko gave her best innocent look. Ryo just hid his redden face under the blanket and mumbled ` stupid bitch', thinking that Himeko wouldn't here it.
 
“Yeah, whatever dobe.” said Himeko. “Sensei. Did you bring the latest edition of IIP (icha icha paradise) that I asked for?”
 
“Yeah, here. ” Sasaki said as she threw the book at Himeko.
 
Himeko caught the book and mumbled a `thanks' before reading it. Sasaki simply nodded.
 
From a corner, Sasuke looked amused by the whole situation. Here was a girl who was not afraid of admitting to reading Icha Icha Paradise, a badly injured male shinobi, a shocked Sakura and Ten Ten, two pervert senseis and two crazy overgrown kids namely, Naruto and Lee. Not to forget also a pair of lovebirds, although Neji and Hinata would just deny it.
 
Sasuke found that he was interested to know more about the other Uchiha in this room. She kind of intrigued him.
 
“Oi, Uchiha.”
 
Coming from an Uchiha, Himeko knew that it was for her. “Yo, Uchiha. And the name's Himeko.”
 
“Yeah, whatever. Your sharingan, how many?”
 
“Why should I tell you, dobe?” replied Himeko.
 
“Coz I asked. And the name's Sasuke, mind you.”
 
“Pft…” Then she answered Sasuke's question. “Three.”
 
Sasuke was silent for a while. “Both?”
 
“Yep. Yours?”
 
Sasuke was weighing whether he should answer her question or just leave it there as he usually did with everyone else. “Three.” He braced himself for a scoff, or any form of humiliation from her.
 
“Hmm. Not bad.” Himeko's comment shocked him but he disguised it anyway. She further astonished him by saying, “Need help with training?” this time, Himeko stopped reading the book to look at Sasuke.
 
Uncharacteristically, Sasuke considered the offer. Here was a girl who obviously knew how to use her sharingan better than him. He might be able to learn a thing or two from her. Plus, he knew that she was sincere about it and tried to react as graceful as he could. “If we have time.”
 
Himeko nodded at his reply and continued reading leaving Sasuke to watch her from his corner.
 
For the rest of the day, the room was in weird silence, but at least it was silent.