Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Uchiha Mononoke ❯ Bubblegum against Blondie ( Chapter 7 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Yeah okay- I know that Im perfect… I'm awesome… I'm super duper… but I suck at wrighting battles. So bear with me peeps- only because you know you love moi!
 
 
Bubblegum against Blondie
 
 
“Now for the first fight!” the elimatory announced, “Alex against Sakura! May the best ninja win!”
 
You watched as Sakura get into fighting position, and Alex just stood there grinning like a clown.
 
Grrr... He's just trying to throw me of guard- I can't let that happen! I've got to concentrate on his movements, catch anything that gives away his next move! Sakura frowned as she swung out two kunis- one in each hand.
 
“Give up!” Sakura screamed as she charged forward, defending herself with the two kunis. She got up close and swerved faster to the left and shot her two kunis with tremendous speed and accuracy.
 
“Gotcha!” Sakura congratulated herself, but then a look of horror passed as she saw Alex defend his vital areas with his arm; resulting the two kunis to embed into it.
 
“What!?”
 
“Heh…” Alex's dopey grin turned serous, his chocolate eyes flashed dangerously as he pulled the kunis out without wincing a bit in pain. Blood splattered on the grass floor, as the wind carried the stench of demonic blood across the field.
 
“Your first mistake was even trying to hurt me with physical damage.” With that, Alex threw the kunis down onto the floor and straightened. Sakura gasped as she felt a strong burst of chakra from her opponent, and her eyes widened in confusion.
 
“Blood sacrifice jutsu! Kage no Sizurie!” Alex yelled as he performed seals of the legendary dragon jutsu. Once finished, he threw his hands down onto the field and released his jutsu.
 
You rolled your eyes as you realized that your stupid friend wasn't kidding about the bet… Ahh kami... this is just great…..you sighed troublesomely.
 
The recent blood on the floor was absorbed as the field started to rumble, Sakura flailed her head side to side, trying to conclude what was going on. All of a sudden, the ground floor rose in pieces and a large jagged looking piece of rock twisted out, as if having its own mind.
 
Sakura almost froze in unbelief as she identified the thing, it was a rock dragon.
 
You managed to cover your ears as it roared out, some of its body still hid in the ground as some was exposed. It had magnificent scales, as sharp as any kunai, the brown dust settled around the vicious dragon, and its red eyes gleamed as it rapped its body protectively around its master. ((This is a Chinese dragon- u no like the ones with long bodies, mustache, and short stubby legs? Yeah okay- back to the story).
 
“Meet my new jutsu- you cant attack it, you can't run from it. You are the prey and it is the hunter. Formed from the ground, it can sense any of your movements, predicting where you are, and finding you without trouble since it is attached to Mother Nature. It's only created when my blood is shed by an opponent.”
 
“Get her.” Alex commanded sternly as he smirked,”this battle is over”
 
The dragon flew faster then anything towards the girl and roared, Sakura gulped as it showed its fangs and screamed. The menacing look she received from that enlarged lizard amazed her. Sakura's body stiffened and she was too stunned to move. The dragon reached and opened his mouth, it swallowed Sakura's body whole.
 
For a second everyone was amazed and horrified, it had eaten her!!!!!
 
Everyone was surprised, you however was unfazed. Smirking, you knew exactly what the outcome was….
 
Sakura disappeared. There was a poof in the dragon's mouth and it spit out a log. Roaring, it flew back to its master as Alex realized the replacement jutsu, turning his head, he petted the dusty dragon and grinned.
 
“Find her, take her down, make her surrender, but do not kill her.” The dragon growled and closed its eyes, shrinking back to the floor.
 
Without a sudden movement, everything seemed still as always and calm. Although anticipation was well enough in the air.
 
This is my chance; I'll take him down now! Sakura suddenly burst forward from the surrounding trees, and threw multiple shurikens at her opponent. Alex snatched one and knocked away all the rest with wavering accuracy, he ran and disappeared due to his increased speed. Sakura looked around widely and sensed his chakra from her left and dogged the shuriken that Alex had stolen from her.
 
“I'll never find him this way, he's too fast!” Sakura whispered as she defended her with two other kunis.
 
Alex appeared in front of Sakura a few spaces meters away. The aloof smirk placed on his face as suddenly his hand increased chakra and the pulled something from the ground.
 
“I may not be too good with shurikens or kunis, but a sword im talented with.”
 
It was true, Sakura had realized how much talent the blond had lacked with these ninja tools, but she never expected a sword! It was a long sword, about longer than Alex's arm. It held a golden gleam to it as the sun reflected of it, the handle was some kind of metal; a golden brown color. Embedded on it was a row of white gems, but on the hilt was twisted and placed a ruby fox with nine tails. Holding it up with a stance of perfection swordsmanship, Alex got ready to fight his opponent head on.
 
“Come on Sakura, show me real Kohana power!” Without warning, Alex dashed forward and metal clashed metal. Sakura only to defend, but Alex for offense.
 
Backing off, Alex frowned and shook his head, “Look, Sakura, I want to see your real potential, this is a harmless fight between two comrades. Give it everything you got and then worry about winning.”
 
Sakura's eyes widened a fracture and thought, Have I only been worrying about my safety? I must look so stupid… Enough! It's time that I show him what I really got!
 
Alex smiled as he read the determination in Sakura's eyes and instead of him attacking first, Sakura let out a battle cry and dashed forward. Kunis and shurikens flew everywhere; jutsus were performed to shield or attack. But it was a proven fact that Alex's swordsmanship over ruled Sakura. The girl came to notice this and her anger flared….
 
How dare he toy with me! Sakura found new energy and renewed her attacks. Chakra was added to her feet to make her speed rival Alex's.
Time to end this, I have shown my speed, strengths, weaknesses, my ultimate jutsu, and my swordsmanship. HA I beat Mika!!!! *metal happy dance
 
“You have fought well Sakura!” Alex grinned and waved, “Attack!”
 
Sakura's eyes widened as she remembered the hidden dragon. A tremendous war roar shook the foundations of the field. Alex's first jutsu shot up and split the ground of rocks everywhere. Sakura veered sideways quickly as it dove down on her, luckily she avoided it. The dragon crashed down to earth with a huge sickening crack and split, leaving a wide ditch.
 
Sakura panted and grinned, “Looks like your dragon dug its own grave!!!”
 
“Your wrong, you should of paid attention. It is part of the ground and will not be broken, you will always be the running prey it and it will always be the hunter.” Alex monotonously recited.
 
Sakura looked confused but suddenly felt the ground shake and the dragon pierced form the ground from the other side of her, pinning her to the floor and letting its razor fangs rest right above her pulse. Paralyzed in fear, Sakura let out a little strained scream. Realization dawned her that the ditch wasn't what it seemed- it was a tunnel, the dragon had dug and surprised her on the other side of her.
 
“Surrender now…” Alex said walking up to her; the dragon put a bit more force on to her pressure point for emphasis.
 
“I…” Sakura trailed of and squeezed her eyes shut; it was embarrassing to have to surrender.
 
“This battle is over; Sakura Haruno is unable to fight any longer, so Alex Rigorince wins!” the elimatory stated.
 
As if the dragon was an illusion, it disappeared. But Sakura knew better than that. Alex walked the last few feet separating them, and stretched a hand out to help his friend up. Sakura studied his smiling face and than his out reached hand.
 
I don't get it…. I lost though and he's still being nice… Sakura frowned, “Why?”
 
Alex blinked a couple times and then his face split into a wide grin, “Because you tried. You may have lost, but that doesn't change the fact that you tired your hardest.”
 
Sakura looked up and smiled a little, the pink haired girl took the blond's hand and heaved herself up.
 
“See you sometime later.” With that, Alex walked of the arena to his sensei; grinning like a fool.
“What now? I think that battle was wilder than you and Keith in bed!!!!!!” Alex screamed as he neared his sensei.
 
Two things happened then: Alex was being chased around by Mika's sensei with murder on his mind, and Sakura sweat dropped.
 
Some things never change…. You sighed.
 
This little chaos antic scene went on for at least another 2 minutes before the elimatory cleared his throat to get everyone's attention.
 
“We have discussed the last battle progress, and the Hokage will let you know who passed after everyone finishes their battles.”
 
Looking back at the Hokage, he nodded his head, “Let the second match begin, Mika Mononoke against TenTen!”
 
You opened your eyes and smiled, finally...
 
Without muttering a jutsu, your flames wrapped around you quickly and transferred you to the arena in a blink of an eye. TenTen however, walked up to the arena shakened.
 
“Alright, let this battle commence… NOW!” The elimatory stated.
 
You didn't move but TenTen jumped back a few feet but keeping you in range. Without warning, TenTen ripped out two identical scrolls and yelled, “Twin dragon jutsu!”
 
She had jumped into the air as the scrolls unbounded and wrapped them around her body. It looked like two dragons formed and multiple weapons were thrown at your direction. Your eyes widened a bit at the scene display but you didn't waver. Before the weapons hit you, you swiped your hand in front of you. The air that was imaginarily slashed by your hand flamed and a sword appeared in front of you. The structure was the same as your comrade's sword. Except for the blade's gleam color; this was crimson red. The hilt was a dark crimson and black color together, and held 4 white gems across. On the top hilt, a black ruby wolf was embedded, and a chain hung from the end of the hilt; it was a little longer than a foot and a half.
 
You deflected all the weapons coming at you will your sword perfectly, dodging some and slashing at some when opportunities were opened. When the last of the weapons were thrown, TenTen came down breathing like she was a bit winded.
 
You smirked and twirled your sword leisurely, “Is that all you got? Pathetic…”
 
You suddenly lunged at her but whirled without seeing to the back. Even with defending weapons, TenTen stood no chance against your speed. Flames wrapped them around her as they suspended her in mind air. You turned and faced her with a grin, placing your hands together; you made the seal for your jutsu.
 
“Mononoke blood line, Destiny Chains of Nightmares!” you yelled out as winding black fire warped around your body and created a black wolf in front of you. It was delusional and powerful as it lunged towards the captive. The wolf didn't hit the target physically; instead it lunged mentally and seemed to disappear into TenTen's body. Black fire chains formed around your arms, wraping al the way to and around TenTen's body. You closed your eyes and gripped the shadow fire, for a minute it seemed that nothing happened…Until TenTen suddenly closed her eyes and let out an anguish scream, her body quivered as her worst nightmares were confronted mentally.
 
Of nights and O darkness….
 
You fear, you cry, it swallows…
 
The darkening hopes…The brightening ideas of death….
 
Of shadows and O nightmares….
 
You sleep, you vision, you die….
 
The encasement of fears….. The struggles of innocents…
 
Dies…you rest, in peace, O shadow Mononoke….
 
You chanted the verse that kept the shadow fire and nightmares going, while TenTen screamed the whole time, pure horror shown through her eyes.
 
“STOPPPP!!! NO MORE!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH” TenTen gave one last shudder as she fell unconscious, mind overloaded with horrible images.
The Kohona ninjas watched horrified as the display of mental powers were frightening. Sasuke narrowed his eyes and Sakura shivered in fright. The jounins that surrounded the fields didn't faze, yet unconsciously wondered what kind of bloodline could do that. Neji growled and Lee inhaled sharply.
 
“This battle is over.” You dropped TenTen on the ground lightly and walked away to your part of the team. The fire shadows surrounded you and evaporated immediately.
 
“W- winner is Mononoke!” The medic Nins quickly lifted TenTen onto a stretcher and ushered to the temporarily set up hospital on the other side of the field.
 
“That was a quick battle. I win the bet you know.” Alex stated and glanced over to you.
 
“Hmm I know you can let me know what you want me to do afterwards…” you said monotonously.
 
Alex jumped for joy, but you didn't notice. You watched how the medic nins tried to wake TenTen, but every time they touched her, she screamed in agony and fear.
 
“You know you're the only one that can undo that, right?” Kira stated as you `mhhmed'.
 
“I want to know what power Kohona has, if it is truly strong, they will be able to undo the chains.” You looked over to the judges and scanned the crowds; the person you were hoping wasn't there. You sighed as you thought; maybe you should just ask the Hokage, after all, that old man knew everything.
 
Suddenly your glance landed on the Uchiha, What a show off you thought as he turned to stare at you. His eyes as usual gave no sign of emotion.
 
“The next battle will b-“Before the elimatory got to finish his sentence, a boy about 7 ran onto the field. He had light brown hair and overalls that were grass stained, His green eyes showed of joy and his messy white shirt hung out a bit.
 
“Hey, get of the field!” someone yelled, but the boy took no heed. Behind him, the orphanage teacher chased.
 
“Stop him!” she yelled. The teacher looked quite like a nun, but didn't have the head piece, she looked stressed and old.
“Oni- Chan! Oni- Chan! Oni- Chan! You're here!!!!” The boy laughed happily as you widened your eyes. It was him.
 
Flashback
 
You looked out the window as you saw your sensei come into the master's bedroom.
 
“We're going to visit the orphanage in Kohona.” Keith said staring at you.
 
“We as in you and yourself?” you answered lightly.
 
Keith smirked and then grabbed you and sacked you over his shoulder. You were only 10 back then, but you were pretty light.
 
“Let me go!!!!” you screamed and pounded him on the back. You seriously didn't want to go and visit an orphanage!
 
Nope. It didn't work.
 
Five minutes later
 
“Hello Mrs. Riley, it's nice to meet you again!” In front of Keith was a 30 year old woman, probably the owner of the orphanage. It wasn't as bad as you thought; Kira and Alex came with you. The building was huge though, it looked like a mansion with beautiful gardens. You had token a tour already, and the place was massive, there were dinning rooms, spiral stairs, so much to make your head spin. Currently, you stood in the living room, where children were roaming freely and laughing. Of course being you, you scanned the room and saw one lonely child sitting in the corner of the room.
 
Mrs. Riley saw you staring and her eyes saddened, “He's our newest orphan, still in a state of shock of losing both parents.” You nodded and padded across the room to him.
 
“Hey, you know, looking sad isn't gunna get you a girl friend.” You satated and the boy looked up at you.
 
“Who are you?” He asked definitely.
 
“Mononoke Mika,” you stated quietly and sat down with your back against the wall. You closed your eyes for a bit, trying to get some sleep and stop the pounding head ache.
 
The boy's eyes widened and looked up, “You lost your parents too, right?”
 
“Hai.”
 
“It hurts.”
 
“You'll get over it.”
 
“No I won't.”
 
“I told you you'll never get a girl.”
 
“What's that mean?”
 
Oh yeah… he's only 5. I knew that…
 
“Never mind…”
 
“It still hurts, but I don't cry.”
 
“Once you run out of tears, you know that it's time to move on and stop being a crybaby.”
 
“No, it means that you lost to much liquid.”
 
“What ever.”
 
He giggled and looked up; his green eyes looked at you curiously. You opened one eye and looked at the orphan.
 
“Enjoy your life, it's the only a rose waiting to bloom. Revenge is just another term for suicide; it will wilt the rose until a petal falls. Petal after Petal, your life will go to waste. Beauty is not to be wasted by the gifted.” You recited what your mother had taught you when you were young. Every night she would chant it to you, and you would smile and drift of to sleep.
 
The boy blinked and looked at your figure getting up, he let a little smile slip.
 
“Ricardo Monoleve.”
 
“Excuse me?” you looked back and he wore a real genuine smile.
 
“My name, it's Ricardo Monoleve.”
 
You nodded and waved as you walked back to your sensei
 
Beauty is not to be wasted by the gifted….
 
End of Flashback
 
“Oni-Chan!!!!” He screamed in joy. You snapped out of your daze and let out a little smile, one that only he could catch. After that day, you visited Ricardo a lot. And on one faithful day, you pledged to by siblings, well, adopted siblings. Says who? Says you.
 
Ricardo ran and hugged your waist and you uncrossed your arms and patted them on his back. Ricardo only reached a little above your waist, it's kind of sad.
 
“You came! I got that dove you sent here, and I can't believe you're here!” he smiled with joy as you nodded. You practically could feel the pressure of all the eyes of Kohona on you.
 
“Ricky!!!!” Kira squealed and hugged the brunett, which in turn smiled and hugged her back.
 
“Hey man!” Alex laughed and went over to the overjoyed kid and slapped him on the back playfully.
 
In all places… you smiled.
 
 
WELL??? R AND R!!! I only have 3 reviewers…wahhhhhhhhhhhhhh im very sad………. Come on… you know you want to. Oh and HAPY HOLIDAYS FOR ALLLLLLLLLLLL *gives out imaginary candy canes. Mmmm peppermint.