Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ UNDER THE FULL MOON ❯ Chapter 1

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Beneath the Full Moon
Sakura squirmed restlessly in her bed, trying to get comfortable. Sasuke's arm unconsciously tightened around her waist, to keep her from kicking him.
Sakura looked at the sleeping Uchiha, and laid back down, sighing, and started idly tracing patterns on his bare chest. After a few minutes, she growled in frustration, and detached herself from him, tiptoeing out of the room as quietly as possible.
Wearing only a thin white tank top and white cloth capris, she shivered in the crisp night air, but sighed in contentment as she sat on the porch of the Uchiha estate, gazing at the full moon.
“What are you doing outside without a jacket?” a deep baritone asked from behind her. Sakura tensed, but relaxed when she felt warm arms loosely circle her neck, and glanced behind her at the last survivor of the Uchiha massacre.
Sakura ignored his question, and asked instead, “The full moon is beautiful, ne, Sasuke-kun?”
Sasuke didn't answer, just sat down beside her, his arms still holding her close.
Sakura said softly, “The moon is beautiful, the stars are beautiful.”
When Sasuke raised an eyebrow at her, she blushed. “It's just this poem-type thing my mother would tell me when I was little. I think it went like,
The moon is beautiful,
The stars are beautiful.
The sky is beautiful,
The night is beautiful.
The trees are beautiful,
The flowers are beautiful.
You are beautiful.”
Sasuke gazed fondly down at his young wife, before kissing her warmly on the lips. “Yes,” he whispered, “you are.” He stood, pulling her up with him. “And you're also going to catch a cold. Come.”
He led the exasperated girl inside, and tucked her in the covers. When she frowned at him, he sighed, and undid the blinds on the windows so that they could sleep, beneath the full moon.
-
Short, I know. But it's a oneshot. What do you expect? Read and review!