Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Unwanted ❯ One-Shot

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Unwanted
by Kira (mikilicious_babe@hotmail.com)

Author's Notes: Very short. Just some thoughts Sasuke might have had after the preliminary matches.

===

Why does she care about me so much?

The question was there lingering in his mind. Lying flat on his back, staring up at the ceiling, feeling pain numb its way through his body, he wondered. He could still feel where she had wrapped her fingers around his wrist, begging him to forfeit the tournament finals, staring at him with wide, pleading, near tear-filled eyes.

No one had ever cried for him before. There had never been anyone to cry. Not family, not friends... He had always secluded himself from everyone, concentrating only on training day by day without any lessening in his rigorous routine. But she had invaded in on him when she was unwanted, when she knew that she was unwanted, and none of his harsh words or dismissive words could make her leave him.

He treated her like nothing, and yet she cared for him.

Stupid girl.

He winced as pain laced its way through his body. Kakashi had done what he could to bind the mark on his shoulder, but the pain was still there, a painful reminder of his own weakness. He had only stood there, rooted in the ground, as Naruto had fought and she had... called him a coward, said he was nothing compared to Naruto in that moment.

What did she know anyway. She was just a stupid little girl. She had no idea what the real world was like, no idea how much pain there was. That girl did not know what it meant to watch everyone die around you and be completely helpless.

And she knew that he thought these things of her, she knew that he thought her nothing, and yet...

She cared for him.

And so the question circulated in his mind, continuously and endlessly, as he lay there staring at the ceiling.

Why does she care about me so much?