Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Valley of End ❯ "Is your fate inevitably death" ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 5- “Is your fate, inevitably death?”
At this point, Kakashi had sat everyone down. He had lost so much track of time, that it was almost sundown. Everyone looked uncomfortable. Even Shikamaru, wasn't acting like he always did. (Bored and annoyed.) He wasn't even looked up at the clouds. He was looking straight at Kakashi. But then he put his hands together, the way that he does when he is thinking hard.
They had all finally realized why all of the adults were so cruel to Naruto. But to them, he was a hero.
“If it wasn't for Naruto, we might not even be here.” Kiba said aloud.
“Naruto-kun must have endured a hard, and cruel life.” Hinata said while gazing into space.
They all sat there thinking. Kakashi was about to get them going again, but when he started to stand up, he heard something in the bushes.
“Everybody, in position!” Kakashi yelled to them. Immediately everyone stood up and got in formation. Neji had activated his byakugan. When he looked over to the bushes, he got a somewhat frightened look on his face. Kakashi had noticed.
“Neji, what is it? What do you see?”
“I, it's, I can sense a large amount of chakra. Kakashi-sensei, I think that we should get out of here.” Neji said to him.
“Everybody, stay in formation,” Neji looked at Kakashi in shock, “don't worry. I won't allow my comrades to die. Besides, your with me; Kakashi of the sharingan, the copy ninja Kakashi.” He then turned around and gave everyone thumbs up.
Everyone stood in their stance, with weapons, and jutsu at the ready. The enemy wasn't showing though. Kakashi finally yelled out for whomever it was, to come out.
They heard twigs, and grass, crunching under someone's footstep. It was coming closer. They saw a hand start to push away the bushes. Kakashi had ordered them to give whoever it was, everything they had, on his signal.
“NOW!” Kakashi had yelled. Everyone started flying toward the person in the bushes. To their surprise, the person had yelled,
“I'm not an enemy!” With that, a man with long white hair walked out of the bushes, with an expression of pure terror, written all over his face. His eyes were as wide as can be, and he was holding up a white cloth, as if he were surrendering.
“Jiraiya-sama!” Kakashi had yelled in confusion. Immediately he had ordered everyone to stop attacking. He then walked over to Jiraiya with his hands pressed together. (Like he would in a bow)
“I am sorry Jiraiya-sama,” Kakashi gave him a look of sincerity, but then he continued saying, “but next time you are foolish enough to hide behind bushes at night, and not inform us of who you are, then, I won't hold back. Besides, how were we supposed to know it was you? We aren't supposed to meet you till tomorrow at noon. And, what were you doing anyway?!”
“I am so sorry Kakashi. But, I just had to meet you sooner. I think that I might have located Naruto's whereabouts.” Hinata gasped at the news. In a way she looked scared about where he might be, and yet at the same time she looked happy enough to pass out. When Jiraiya saw that he smiled at them and turned to Kakashi.
“And Kakashi, it is no more than a days worth away.”
Sakura looked over at Sasuke. When he noticed her looking at him, he looked at her with a smile on his face.
(Sakura's POV)
Wow, Sasuke has changed a lot. So much that it's almost scary. It seems like yesterday, was the day we were both put on team 7, along with Naruto. Since then, we have been through so much. Of all of the time that I have spent with him, well, he has never been like this. He has always been caught up in his own stuff. Trying to avenge his clan, be better than Naruto…and the only emotion that he had ever showed, was either anger, or annoyance. He always acted as if nothing mattered to him, except for training. And now, when Naruto is gone, he is showing that he does care. I always thought that he hated Naruto. I never even dreamed of seeing him smile, or cry. So I guess, in a way-a very small way-I am glad that Naruto was taken; because it made Sasuke show what's going on inside.
(Regular POV)
Everyone stood still. They were all afraid that any second, they would wake up.
“Oh, and the answer to what I was doing, well, natured called! I have been traveling all day non-stop.” He smiled sheepishly at them.
“Well, are we going to go and save Naruto, or are we just going to sit here at let him die?” Jiraiya questioned them. The first one to respond was Hinata.
“Come on! We have to hurry. What if something is happening to Naruto-kun right now?” Hinata almost yelled that last part, which really shocked everyone. (Because everyone was used to a extremely quiet, and shy Hinata)
Hinata grabbed Kakashi, and Jiraiya's sleeves and started to pull them along. Everyone quickly got up and followed them.
 
Ten minutes later-
 
“Jiraiya-sama, are you positive that this is it?” Kakashi asked him.
“Kakashi, there are only two places that Naruto would be. But I believe that it is this one.” Jiraiya replied, while pointing at the run-down building.
“But you aren't positive, right? I mean, who would bring Naruto here? This building looks condemned.”
“Kakashi, isn't it you who always tells us to `see through deception'?” Jiraiya looked at him with a wolfish grin on his face.
“Well yes but, still I don't think that there is any trickery in this…wait a second!” Kakashi looked up immediately.
“Figure it out yet, Kakashi?”
“Of course! This is a genjutsu.” Kakashi immediately formed a hand sign, and said,
“Kai release!” When he said that, the run down building changed into a metal walled building. It had extremely high security.
Kakashi and Jiraiya quickly grabbed everyone and pulled them back into the trees.
“Before we go in there, we need to make a plan.” Jiraiya nodded at Kakashi in agreement.
“I think that we should have two groups decided on, just in case we get split up. We need to have three of you on one team, and four of you on the other. With us as the leaders.” Jiraiya motioned to him and Kakashi.
“Neji, you go with me, and Hinata, you go with Kakashi. We need both teams to have the byakugan.” Jiraiya told them.
“Right!” Hinata replied.
“Lee and Sakura, you two will also be with Kakashi,” Lee blushed and looked over at Sakura, “Kiba, Shikamaru, and Sasuke, you three will come with me.”
“No.”
Jiraiya looked up at a calm Uchiha.
“What's wrong Sasuke?” Jiraiya asked.
“I will go with Kakashi's team. Sakura and I have been teammates for a long time. And now, on the mission to save our other team mate, I refuse to be on anyone else's team, besides Sakura and Kakashi's.” Sasuke stated flatly. He looked over to Jiraiya with an expression that said, `that is the way it is going to be.'
Jiraiya didn't even bother to argue with him. He knew that he (Jiraiya) would lose anyway.
“All right. It's decided then. Now every turn on your radios onto line 7, and get ready to fight.” Jiraiya got up and started to walk over to the building. Everyone followed, with their kunai out, and ready to fight.
Jiraiya gave them one last glance before turning to the door. He turned the handle, and took a step forward, and said,
“I don't exactly know what is on the other side of this door, but I do know that this will be nothing like a c or d ranked mission. The outcome of this mission will either be life, or death. So fight. Fight till the very end. Fight for Naruto.” With that, everyone walked into the building. The building that would hold either their victory, or their death.