Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Wake Me Up Inside ❯ Catch Me When I Fall ( Chapter 9 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Wake Me Up Inside - Chapter 9

Disclaimer: I don't own anyone but Kit.

***************

Naruto, Sasuke, Sakura, Kakashi, and Pakkun (is that how you spell his name?) raced through the forest. Pakkun had failed to sniff out Kit's scent, as he said it was hidden somehow. The others couldn't sense her chakra, either. Naruto, usually really hyperactive about dangerous missions, was discouraged. He stopped on a tree branch and sat down. The others noticed him stopping and stopped as well.

"Naruto, what's wrong?" Sakura asked.

"Dobe, why'd you stop?"

Naruto sighed. "We're never going to find her. And I need a rest."

Kakashi smiled underneath his mask. Naruto had been acting wierd for about a week now, and he knew why. There was few people who would accept Naruto, and Kit was one of them. Well, she hadn't really pushed him away, and there was the fact that she didn't really know about Kyuubi, but… Kakashi mentally shrugged. She still talked to him - sort of - and that was more anyone really did.

"Naruto is right. We aren't going to find Kit. We have no leads on her, Pakkun can't even smell her, and Sakura can't sense her chakra, and that's odd, because she can sense anyone's." Sasuke said. It was the most he'd said all month. "It's been a month. She could be dead for all we know."

"We have to find that out for sure. If she is, in fact, dead, we need to find out. Because if she isn't dead, we need to find out where she is, and if someone wants her for a specific reason." Kakashi replied.

"Kit isn't dead!" Naruto said suddenly. "She can't be dead." he added the second part quieter.

Sakura sat down beside him, and wrapped her arms around the fox-boy. "Don't worry. We'll find her," she said quietly.

Naruto blushed. `Sakura-chan is hugging me!' Sakura pulled away awkwardly, and looked back at Sasuke and Kakashi, who had sent Pakkun back. "Let's continue on. She has to be out there somewhere." Kakashi said.

The group reluctantly got up, and leapt off into the trees.

*****

Itachi got out of his bed. He couldn't sleep at all, he was still thinking about what he had done to Kit. `I washed her back! How could I have been so stupid!' he thought, walking to his door. He silently opened it, a technique he had picked up from Akatsuki, and slipped out the door, down the hall, towards the outside.

*****

Kit plummeted to the ground, and she couldn't help herself, she screamed. She squeezed her eyes shut, waiting for the fall, when - she felt something soft. She opened her eyes and looked up to see Itachi looking down at her. Her face turned red, and she stammered out. "Er - just practicing flying?"

Itachi shook his head and set her down. "Do you think I'm that stupid?"

"Of course not, Itachi-san!" Kit said, slightly scared.

"Go back inside."

"I can't." Itachi looked at her curiously. "I can't go back inside. Everything is becoming so clear now, Itachi-san!" she smiled. "Look up there! She's the woman in my dreams that I've been having!"

Itachi looked but saw no one. He looked back down at her and raised an eyebrow skeptically. "There's no one there."

Kit looked up too, and saw no one. "She was - she was there a second ago!" she stammered, scared of what Itachi might do to her.

Kit opened her wings, to fly off, and was surprised to find a hand grabbing hers. She looked down and immediately fell the two feet she had managed to fly. Itachi was grabbing her hand. "What - " He pulled it, and she tumbled down, and landed in his arms again.

*****

Meanwhile, Team 7 and their sensei had heard that ear-piercing scream that came not to far away from them. Kakashi led the group silently over towards the scream had been, and they crept through forest silently, not wanting to alert any enemies that they were there. Sasuke, Sakura, Naruto and Kakashi crawled towards a line of bushes, where they could hear people talking. When they were in seeing distance of the two people, they stopped, because of the image they saw.

Itachi and Kit.

From what it looked to them, Itachi was embracing Kit. Sasuke's eyes narrowed, and then turned a deep red of the Sharinigan. He jumped out of the trees and landed beside them. "Get your hands off her!"

*****

Itachi's eyes widened as Kit hugged him. "Please, just let me go."

His black eyes softened, and he let go of her. Just then, Sasuke jumped out of the trees, and shot a kunai at Itachi, which he skillfully caught behind his back. "Little brother." he said, turning around. "What do you want?"

"I'll kill you!" Sasuke shouted, activated the Chidori, and charged towards Itachi.

Itachi grabbed Kit, and jumped upwards, just as the ground where he had been standing was broken into large slabs. He landed back down, delivering a sharp kick to Sasuke's back in the process, leaving him yelling in pain on the ground. Itachi walked towards Sasuke, and nudged him with his foot.

"You're pathetic. I haven't even started and you're already down." Itachi sneered.

Sakura ran out of the bushes, and threw herself over Sasuke. "Don't hurt Sasuke-kun!" she yelled.

Itachi's eyes narrowed. This was his brother's little girlfriend. Maybe if he killed her, then his brother would suffer without being touched. Yes, he would attack his foolish brother's mind first, and destroy him piece by piece. He flipped a kunai out of his cloak, and advanced towards Sakura. Kit gasped. Itachi was going to kill Sakura? "Itachi!" she yelled. "Stop!"

Itachi ignored her, and kept walking towards Sakura. Sakura stubbornly refused to move off Sasuke, and clutched him to her like a lifeline, her body shielding him the whole time.

***************

AN: I have to say, I think that chapter sucked. Anyways, again, sorry to you people who wanted it to be a SasukexOC fic, it's actually an ItachixOC fic. But if you have a suggestion for a side pairing with Sasuke, I can do that as well. I'm also thinking that I could work another OC in to go with Sasuke. I'm not sure, though… Please review! ^___^;;