Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Weapons of Old and New ❯ Eight ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
Weapons of Old and New
Or, Not Another Super Naruto Story
(Really. It's Not.)
By Andrew J. Talon
Disclaimer: Oh, yeah. I SO own Naruto. That's why I have to bust my ass working at minimum wage to pay for college. Psh. Sure.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Hyuuga Hiashi was not an easily disturbed man. He had seen much in his long career as a shinobi, and even more as the head of his house. The Hyuuga head had in fact been present when the Fourth had sealed the Kyuubi into the body of the Uzumaki child, there to stand with his clan's forces for one last defense against the gigantic demon. As such, he had bore no ill will towards the Kyuubi container. At the same time, being a Hyuuga, he had not really cared one way or the other about the child-So long as the Kyuubi remained sealed, there was no reason to take greater interest.
 
Naturally, he'd been aware of his eldest daughter's mild obsession with Uzumaki, but it had inspired her to become stronger, and that suited him just fine. Besides, it wasn't like the blond haired troublemaker would actually become aware of his daughter's interest-He was far too dense, and there was little that Hiashi could foresee that would change that.
 
So, naturally, when Uzumaki landed in the center of the Hyuga compound's courtyard, where Hiashi had been meditating at his preferred shrine, carrying his unconscious elder daughter bridal style, he could be excused for... Overreacting.
 
“Uzumaki… What is the meaning of this?” Hiashi asked in a cold and deadly tone, up on his feet and in a fighting stance in less than a quarter of a second. His Byakugan had been activated without him making the appropriate seals, easily indicating to anyone who had even a partial understanding of bloodlines that the Hyuuga head was very emotional at the moment.
 
Naruto had a feeling that this would not end well, but ploughed ahead anyway. He bowed, making sure his face didn't end up squished in Hinata's bosom. That would probably just make things worse.
 
“Hiashi-sama, your daughter fainted in an alley on her way to the market. She was taking me grocery shopping, and I thought it rude to refuse her offer of help.” Hiashi hadn't tried to kill him yet. So far so good. Of course, he was still holding Hinata in his arms, which would make it hard for Hiashi to land a clean blow without risking injury to his daughter.
 
Not that Naruto would purposely use Hinata as a human shield. Hell no. He'd just rather not explain his side of things while fighting a running battle with the Hyuuga Lord.
 
“I decided it was better to bring her home right away than leave her there,” he concluded.
 
“Why did she faint, Uzumaki?” Hiashi stated, with a hint of accusation in his voice. The guards now surrounding them (Hiashi thinks they need better training if it took them this long to respond to something in the courtyard) await his silent command, deadly hands and fingers at the ready.
 
“My old sensei approached her, speaking about things from his favorite book series,” Naruto answered, perfectly honest and just vague enough to not implicate him. The fact that Hiashi's inner rage is clearly not directed at himself (Tusume taught him how to tell, it's always the eyes) encourages Naruto further.
 
“What did he speak of?” Hiashi managed, the rougher tone in his voice even making the stoic Hyuuga guards around them flinch. Naruto manages to keep composed.
 
“I didn't pay a whole lot of attention after she fainted, but he seemed to imply that she and I were about to reenact a scene from the book,” Naruto replied, sort of honestly. Hiashi's deadly gaze remained on him. Naruto kept his eyes locked on the Hyuuga Lord's, blinking only once. Hiashi turned to his subordinates.
 
“Find Hatake and inform him of my displeasure with this incident,” Hiashi stated, his voice oozing doom and destruction for a certain Copy Nin. His guards bowed, and vanished, leaving Hiashi, Naruto, and Hinata (who was still unconscious) alone. Naruto coughed slightly, things suddenly really awkward.
 
“I will take my daughter now,” Hiashi stated, and Naruto was very grateful to the man for recognizing the awkwardness and not letting it stop him. With his natural grace, Naruto handed Hinata over with the same care he would any of his other precious people. Hiashi took Hinata into his arms. He nodded to Uzumaki, before turning and heading into the compound without another word.
 
You're welcome, Naruto thought dryly, before leaping out of the courtyard and to the rooftops once more.
 
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
 
Okay, I can't think of anything else to write at the moment. Sorry for the short chapter, but I do promise the moment my writer's block is broken you'll be getting another chapter! Dattebayo!