Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Weapons of Old and New ❯ Fourteen ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Weapons of Old and New
Or, Not Another Super Naruto Story
(Really. It's Not.)
By Andrew J. Talon
Disclaimer: Oh, yeah. I SO own Naruto. That's why I have to bust my ass working at minimum wage to pay for college. Psh. Sure.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
“Well, I must say that so far this mission is going well, wouldn't you Sakura?” Kakashi asked blithely, an smirk obvious even under his mask. As they walked along the dirt road, Sakura's eyebrow twitched violently, as her hands stayed curled into fists. Her teeth ground audibly.
 
“That's not a very good habit to have, Sakura,” Kakashi observed. Sakura instantly transferred some chakra into her fists, and glared right at her sensei, death in her eyes. He coughed, but still kept up his smirk.
 
The object of Sakura's simmering wrath walked a few meters behind them. Naruto Uzumaki, blushing furiously and attempting (with no success) to peal Rei Endiku off his arm. The black-haired woman stared at him with lovesick eyes, and cooed at everything he said.
 
THAT BASTARD! HOW DARE HE CARRY ON LIKE THAT! I SHOULD POUND HIM INTO OBLIVION FOR THIS! The pink-haired girl mentally snarled.
 
Yeah! That slut should get the hell off our man! Shannaro! Inner Sakura concurred. Sakura blinked.
 
What?
 
C'mon, that fucking hussy's got nothing on us! Inner Sakura posed sexily, bending over and winking. I'm sexier than she could ever be!
 
Gah! Would you shut up?! I don't feel that way about Naruto! So enough already! Sakura groused. Inner Sakura rolled her eyes.
 
Would you get over Emo Boy already?
 
Don't call Sasuke-kun that you bitch!
 
Fag-Hag!
 
TAKE THAT BACK, YOU SLUT!
Make me, fag hag! Hahahahahahaaa!
 
THAT'S IT! NOW YOU DIE!
 
“Excuse me for a moment, Kakashi-sensei,” Sakura got out through gritted teeth, before walking off the dirt road leading them to the other Sound-nin's hideout. Kakashi blinked, and paused, as did Naruto (and Rei with him, who was nuzzling her nose against his neck and making the orange-clad ninja blush even harder). Sai had gone off to the local ANBU safehouse to get some backup just in case Rei's comrades were not as equitable to leaving as she was.
 
“Uh, Kakashi-sensei? What's Sakura-chan off to do?” Naruto asked. Kakashi sighed… And sighed again as angry screaming was faintly heard over the boulders and hill Sakura had disappeared behind.
 
“Shouldn't we help her? She sounds like she's in trouble!” Naruto worried. “Rei!”
 
“I'm sorry, Naruto-sama,” she breathed, kissing his neck once more. “Would you like to punish me?”
 
“It might be a good idea, Naruto,” Kakashi suggested, his eyes closing in his usual happy smile. Naruto snarled at him.
 
“Not. Funny. Oh, by the way, have you recovered from Hiashi's wrath yet?” Kakashi winced, and instinctively rubbed his right arm.
 
“That was low, Naruto. Having your poor sensei attacked like that, just because I was complimenting your prowess.”
 
“What prowess?!”
 
Kakashi merely pointed at Rei, and Naruto blushed. His improved situational awareness had kept him from really embarrassing himself (or getting arrested for public indecency), but Rei was extremely… distracting.
 
“Er-Um… That's because of, uh…” Naruto took his hands and held them up against the sides of his head, like broad ears. Kakashi's eyes widened.
 
“It's fine, it's fine! It's, er… Contained, but it's messing with, er…” Naruto sighed heavily as he brought his hands back down. “Rei, please stop that.”
 
“But you look so tense,” she cooed.
 
Not there I'm not, thank you, Naruto got out, shivering in both mortification and… Something else, which he really didn't' want to put into words.
 
Kakashi just continued to smirk, and wondered if sharing this would finally convince Jiraiya to let him write for Icha Icha…
 
- - - - - - - - - - -
 
Sakura leapt out of the way as a fist came down on her previous spot. The ground underneath the fist shattered like cheap glass, as it's owner turned and struck out with her foot. Sakura blocked, skidding extremely far down from her opponent. She glared defiantly… At herself.
 
“Look! I let you out here to talk things out! Not to fight!”
 
You're not going to listen to reason anyway, why should I bother?” Her double sneered. Having learned Kage Bunshin from Tsunade (in addition to the myriad of medical and body-enhancing jutsus now in her arsenal), Sakura had learned how to manifest Inner Sakura in the body of a Shadow Clone. While she couldn't create hordes of them, having her inner self inhabit a chakra-infused body made the bunshin stronger-Nearly as strong as herself.
 
At the moment, Sakura was wishing she'd put less chakra than usual into the kage bunshin. Inner Sakura smirked, cracking her knuckles, as Sakura sighed.
 
“Look… I don't care how you feel about Naruto. I love Sasuke, and that's never going to change! Period!”
 
There are different kinds of love, dumbass! And besides, it's not just me who cares about Naruto,” Inner Sakura replied with a smirk. Sakura grit her teeth, and turned away, her nose turning up.
 
“Look, I don't know just what's twisted you while you were in there, but my feelings for Naruto… Well…”
 
Explain why you've been going on dates with blond guys then,” Inner Sakura stated flatly. “All of them like Naruto.”
 
“Well… They were… Nice!” Sakura stuttered. Inner Sakura grinned triumphantly, as Sakura scowled.
 
Well, if you're not going to take him… Maybe I should try my hand at dating him?” Sakura ignored the sudden sensation of fury welling up inside her, along with her old friend jealousy. But only with incredible effort.
 
“Fine. What do I care? Go for it. I'll have nothing to do with that idiot.” Inner Sakura grinned.
 
Well, while you moon over Emo Boy and stick with mere imitations, I'll be getting myself a real man. Hope you enjoy your life as the Queen of Denial!” Inner Sakura cackled. This, however, allowed Sakura to smash her clone's face in and dispel her. She then sighed, holding a hand to her head.
 
“Damnit… Stupid inner self, what does she know?
 
Everything you do, stupid! Came the reply.
 
Sakura would have retorted, had the dull boom of an explosion not sounded over the ridge. She cursed.
 
“Damn it, not now!”
 
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
 
Mwahahahaha… Cliffhanger!
 
Yes, I had to clear up the plothole from chapter three on who Sakura was dating. Hoped that did it. Well, review please! See you soon!