Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Weapons of Old and New ❯ Seventeen ( Chapter 17 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Weapons of Old and New
Or, Not Another Super Naruto Story
(Really. It's Not.)
By Andrew J. Talon
Disclaimer: Oh, yeah. I SO own Naruto. That's why I have to bust my ass working at minimum wage to pay for college. Psh. Sure.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Naruto sighed heavily, as the familiar surroundings of the Kyuubi's lair appeared around him. He looked up at the vile face of the fox demon towering above him, leering behind the bars of the seal.
 
“Damnit bastard fox, are you going to bring me here every time I go to sleep?”
 
The Kitsune chuckled darkly.
 
WHELP. OUR BUSINESS IS NOT CONCLUDED,” the Kyuubi rumbled. Its leer seemed to grow. Naruto rolled his eyes.
 
“Fine. What the hell do you want, bastard?” The Kyuubi snorted.
 
I HAVE ONE ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENT FOR OUR DEAL, BRAT.”
 
“Yeah? What is it?” The Kyuubi snarled. Naruto grimaced.
 
“Look, I thought it was settled! In ten years, I let you out, and we fight. I don't see what the hell is so hard to understand about that!”
 
SIMPLE, BRAT. YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE A BIGGER PROBLEM THAN THAT MUCH SOONER.” Naruto grimaced.
 
“Yeah, and what's that?”
 
ME!” Naruto leapt away, a fist grazing the back of his head. Naruto backflipped, landing in a fighting stance Tusume had labeled the `ape' position. Reserved for close-quarters grappling and using an opponent's strength against him.
 
Naruto gaped at his opponent, grinning back eerily.
 
What, Naruto-kun? Surprised to see me?” The other figure asked, giggling slightly. “Or surprised… To see you? Hm?”
 
“You…” Naruto blinked, and rubbed his eyes. He jabbed an accusing finger at the Kyuubi, watching the two Narutos behind his cage with an impassive look.
 
“You! What the hell is this?!” Naruto's doppelganger laughed, his blue eyes flashing red.
 
DURING MY ATTEMPTS TO TAKE CONTROL OF YOUR FEEBLE MIND, BRAT, I WAS FORCED TO COPY YOUR CHAKRA COILS AND BRAIN PATHWAYS USING MY OWN CHAKRA,” the Kyuubi stated flatly. He glared at the red-eyed Naruto, who stuck his tongue out at the fox demon impishly. “WHEN THAT PLAN FAILED, YOU REMOVED THE CHAKRA PATHWAYS… BUT THIS REMAINED.” Now that Naruto really looked at his copy, he could see the severe differences. The deeper-defined whisker marks, the spikier, rougher hair, and the nearly tangible aura of menace surrounding him.
 
Forget about the fleabag here, Naruto-kun,” the doppelganger stated with a grin, his sharp teeth flashing in the dim light. The Kyuubi growled, but said nothing. “We need to have a heart to heart…”
 
Naruto gawked stupidly at his double, but quickly recovered. He was used to his Kage Bunshin, after all…
 
Ah, but I'm no mere Kage Bunshin, Naruto-kun!” The other Naruto laughed. “And don't bother looking shocked. Our minds are modeled the same way, after all.” Naruto gritted his teeth.
 
“Okay… Fine. What do you want?”
 
What do I want?” The Other Naruto asked, looking aghast. “What could I possibly want from you? Aside from, maybe…” Other Naruto trailed off, looking away. Naruto blinked, and waved a hand.
 
“Maybe…?”
 
Maybe a little freedom,” Other Naruto grinned. “After all, I've been cooped up in here with the bastard fox for a LOT longer than you have. I've always been here. I just want to get out…” Naruto glared.
 
“Hell no! I know enough about demonic chakra to know what it does to my mind! And you're fucking made of it!” Other Naruto sighed theatrically.
 
Aw… And here I thought we could be friends, Naruto-kuuun.” Other Naruto grinned. “Not really! Why the hell would I want to associate with a weakling like you, hm?” Naruto gaped, just before he automatically blocked a punch from his double. He tried to grab it and pull Other Naruto into a knee, but Other Naruto nimbly bent his legs up and kicked Naruto in the gut.
 
“GAH!” Naruto flew back, slamming into a wall with a crash. Other Naruto cackled.
 
Goddamnit! You know how long I've fucking had to put up with you, you weak bastard?! You idiot?! EVERY BATTLE!” Other Naruto roared, leaping for Naruto and landing a kick where his head was scant moments ago. “EVERY BATTLE I'VE WATCHED YOU! YOU SUCK!” Naruto twisted around, throwing a kick at the back of his double's head, which his double easily blocked. Other Naruto lashed out with a knife strike, which Naruto slapped aside in preparation for a roundhouse kick, but Other Naruto merely laughed and caught Naruto's foot , throwing him into the Kyuubi's seal.
 
“DAMNIT!” Naruto cursed, slamming against the metal bars. He landed, using a judo slap to get rid of the potentially fatal momentum, before finding himself once more blocking and weaving away from Other Naruto's attacks.
 
You fucking weakling! Every time, EVERY TIME! If I'd been out, I'd have won easily! Zabuza… That crossdressing fag… Gaara… That pansy with the sword… That snake pedophile! And finally, FINALLY, that stupid son of a bitch Uchiha! I'd have feasted on that asshole's blood! Enjoyed every moment of it!”
 
“HE'S MY FRIEND YOU BASTARD!” Naruto roared. A flash of blue chakra and a Rasengan was spiraling in his hand. “SHUT UP!”
 
You pathetic coward! I could have killed him easily! EASILY!” Other Naruto laughed, a scarlet Rasengan forming in his hand as he charged. Naruto retaliated, rushing forward. The two jutsus met, blasting against eachother as both nin struggled against their reflection. Other Naruto cackled.
 
MORON! YOU THINK YOU CAN STOP ME?!” The Red Rasengan exploded, blowing apart Naruto's blue one and sending him flying back. He crashed into the wall, the stone spider webbing under the impact. With a groan, he slid down to the floor, blood dripping from his nose. Other Naruto cackled.
 
See? See, you idiot? Me, I'm beyond your power. I can destroy you without any effort, heh heh heh… Baka!” Other Naruto was at Naruto's side in an instant, grabbing him by the throat and shoving him against the wall.
 
Bastard… I could destroy all your enemies with one blow! So just let me handle what's coming now, moron!” Naruto gritted his teeth, as Other Naruto continued to laugh… Before grinning.
 
“Don't… Underestimate… Me… Bastard.” Other Naruto blinked, before screaming at a Rasengan being shoved through his back.
 
AAAAAUUUUUGGGGGHHHHH! YOU BASTARD! YOU BAST-!” Other Naruto dissipated, as Naruto smiled gratefully at the two Kage Bunshin now before him. They smiled back, before dispelling in twin poofs of smoke.
YOU… HAVE BEEN HOLDING BACK, WHELP?” The Kyuubi rumbled. It's eyes narrowed as Naruto smirked.
 
“Yeah… Took me a while… But one-handed seals have a trick to them.”
 
YOU JUST COMPLETE THE SEAL BY HAVING ONE HAND DO THE DIFFERENT PARTS OF THE SEAL RAPIDLY,” the Kyuubi finished. He smirked. “NOT BAD, WHELP… NOT BAD.” Naruto shook his head.
 
“Now, if you'll excuse me, Kyuubi-chan-“
 
JUST A MOMENT, BRAT. THAT'S NOT THE LAST YOU'LL BE SEEING OF YOUR DOUBLE,” Kyuubi growled. Naruto frowned back.
 
“Why are you telling me this?”
 
BECAUSE, THAT FREAK WAS SUPPOSED TO BE UNDER MY CONTROL… BUT IT BROKE FREE. IT REBELED. IT WILL ONLY DESTROY EVERYTHING IN IT'S MADNESS… SOMETHING EVEN I DO NOT WISH. IF YOU DO NOT LEARN HOW TO CONTROL IT, IT WILL TAKE OVER. AND DESTROY EVERYTHING YOU CARE ABOUT. Naruto sighed, seemingly nonchalant… But the Kyuubi could sense the cold, raw fear gripping the boy's heart.
 
“Great… So… I'm going to have to deal with you and that thing?”
 
THAT IS THE REASON FOR THE MODIFICATION OF THE DEAL. I WILL HELP YOU AGAINST MY WAYWARD CREATION. OTHER THAN THAT… THE REST OF THE DEAL STANDS, SAVE FOR ME TEACHING YOU.” Naruto nodded.
 
“Well… Then… I'll just have to kick your tails the human way, won't I?” With that, Naruto left. Kyuubi smirked.
 
A MASTERFUL PERFORMANCE, NARUTO.” The red-eyed Naruto reappeared, grinning while sitting on the seal.
 
Thank you, Father…” The Kyuubi snorted.
 
ENOUGH WITH THE TWO-FACING. ONLY I MAY ACT SO DECEITFULLY.” The Other Naruto smirked.
 
Fine, ya mangy bastard. Just remember, when he lets you out… I get his body. And Konoha.” The Kyuubi frowned.
 
JUST THAT PATHETIC VILLAGE?” The Other Naruto cackled.
 
Idiot. That same village defeated you. And if you don't hold up YOUR end… I'll destroy you myself!” Kyuubi growled, as Other Naruto smirked.
 
It's your fault for using two tails to make me, idiot fox. You wasted so much chakra… So don't you dare try to stab me in the back, you bastard! Or him! He'll be part of me, someday…” The Other Naruto vanished, leaving a brooding Kyuubi.
 
DAMNIT… THIS IS WHY I NEVER REPRODUCED…”
 
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
 
“Hey pretty lady… Heh heh heh,” grinned the Sound ninja. A flash of hand seals and he spat out a ball of flame. Sakura cursed, leaping up out of the way of the blast which blew out the door of the hospital room. She threw a fist, its chakra enhancement pulling her forward. The Sound nin gaped as her fist connected with his nose, sending him flying out the window. Sakura sighed, shaking her head.
 
“Naruto! Damnit! Aren't your Kage Bunshins supposed to be patrolling the area?”
 
A snore was her answer. Sakura's eyebrow twitched.
 
“DAMNIT NARUTO WAKE UP!”
 
SMACK! Sakura found her punch deflected, as she fell onto Naruto. The blond glared at her, irritated, as though he didn't notice her body pressing against his.
 
“Sakura-chan, I'm sorry I missed one. One. But I've had my clones fighting at least two dozen Sound ninja, and it's kind of a strain to keep my mind on them all at once!” With that, Naruto got up, and stalked over to the window. Sakura blinked.
 
“Naruto…” Naruto sighed and shook his head.
 
“Look… Just… Forget it, okay? I'm sorry. It won't happen again…” The blond looked out on the moonlit city, his face serious. Sakura frowned, and turned away.
 
“… Sorry.” Naruto blinked, and turned around.
 
“Huh?” Sakura sighed.
 
“I'm sorry, okay? I overreacted. It's just-“
 
“Nah… its okay, Sakura-chan,” Naruto waved it off, smiling slightly. “Really… Just… Bad dream, that's all.” Sakura nodded, and blushed a bit before turning back from looking at Naruto. The blond blinked.
 
“Eh? Sakura-chan? You okay?”
 
“I'm fine… Just… Stop staring at me!” Sakura huffed, walking out of the room. She put the door back as it was, leaving a rather confused Naruto behind.
 
“Naruto… Sama…” Rei moaned in her forced-sleep. Naruto sweatdropped, and willed the sun to come up just a little faster.
 
High above, Kakashi grinned. This mission was nearly over, and when it was… The real fun would begin!
 
Sai, nearby Kakashi, just shook his head. Normal ninja are weird…
 
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
 
Yes, the idea of Evil!Naruto is inspired by Bleach. Please, don't sue me. I'm just taking the story into a more “Naruto-ish” direction, but still keeping a James Bond-style background.
 
NEXT TIME: Team Seven arrives safe and sound back in Konoha, where the Sound nin are taken into custody. Sai is debriefed by Danzo, as Tsunade begins to enact her EVIL PLAN. Between Danzo and Tsunade's scheming and the female interest he's garnered, will Naruto survive to see his next mission?
 
As always, review!